Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: What happens after 31st. May, if there is a scedule change ?

DC Partner: What happens after 31st. May, if there is a scedule change ?

Old May 28, 2012, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
What happens after 31st. May, if there is a scedule change ?

May be this is already answered somewhere, but I not found it.
I would like to know what happens if someone has a *aliance redemption, lets say

DUS(LH)-xARN(TG)-oBKK(TG)-KTM departing aprox 20.DEC.

the conectingtime in ARN is 1h. 45m MCT is 1h.

now LH or TG will make changes, and the time between the flights is not enough. Normaly tix have to reissue, or at least revalidated.
What will happen ? Who will take care this problem.? 2 month ago we had such a problem, when TG simply cancelled a flight BKK-MXP and choosed to fly on other dates. Very big problem already when BD still was in *aliance, because TG not want to handle with us.
And I think for these dates, it's even more difficult to find even any seat to Thailand.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
The simple truth is that nobody knows, make sure that they're on the same ticket and you'll be a little safer. If it is a real concern then I'd leave more time between the flights, obviously at the cost of extra hours wasted/time spent in a hotel. If either carrier changes to make the MCT impossible I suspect that BD/BA will cancel your booking rather than accomodate you, but only time will tell - they may offer a oneworld alternative (unlikely on this particular route!)

However you can always see this as a useful additional data point and request for compensation in your lawsuit
Old May 28, 2012, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by littlevoices
The simple truth is that nobody knows, make sure that they're on the same ticket and you'll be a little safer. If it is a real concern then I'd leave more time between the flights, obviously at the cost of extra hours wasted/time spent in a hotel. If either carrier changes to make the MCT impossible I suspect that BD/BA will cancel your booking rather than accomodate you, but only time will tell - they may offer a oneworld alternative (unlikely on this particular route!)

However you can always see this as a useful additional data point and request for compensation in your lawsuit
I think we are already save ( I simply booked 2 awards , another one on another routing DUS-XXX-BKK-KTM, and hope that one of them will still be ok, on the date of travel. The other one I always can cancel ( for free ), as them sure will have time changes.
I simply would like to know, if DC has a plan, how them will handle this ? When LX changed from oneworld to *aliance, them had an agent who handeled these bookings for almost one year !
And as long DC / BMI is still existing them also should be responsible for changes, which not result from pax.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
I'm sure there will be a way to get you to KTM.

BA have a routing DUS-LHR-DEL-KTM.
Old May 29, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
If it is possible to redeem on One World, that could be interesting: CPH LON HKG KTM...
Old May 29, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller

If you read the original post, you see (o) in front of BKK, that means there is a stopover in BKK.
Anyhow that was not the real booking we holding ( only should be an example ).
The real reservation is DUS(LH)-xCPH(TG)-oHKT(TG)-xBKK(TG)-KTM
with a 6 weeks stopover in HKT.
The problem which may coming up, is that TG changes the operating day for CPH-HKT , ( which only operates 3 times per week ), and then a reissue would be necessary.
Last time, when this happened TG sayed BMI has to request the new seats, TG will confirm them and then DC has to reissue new tix.
I would like to know what will hapen in such a situation after 31st may ?
TG will say them not "deal " with customer, as it is not them ticketstock.
If BMI and DC are still " alive ", them would have to do the work, last time we needed PTS team to solve the problem. But Iam not so sure if TG still will open availability for an airline which is not in *aliance anymore, or may be even not exist anymore.
Why there are no clear anouncements from BMI/DC or BA ?
Old May 29, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bertheike
Unless some FTers have hidden talents in this field, I do not believe that any of us has a reliable set of tea leaves to predict future with. So, you will cross that bridge when you come to it and you can report back on the outcome in due course.

I just do not see what you expect people here to tell you other than what has been said already a gazillion times.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:51 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by bertheike
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller

If you read the original post, you see (o) in front of BKK, that means there is a stopover in BKK.
Anyhow that was not the real booking we holding ( only should be an example ).
The real reservation is DUS(LH)-xCPH(TG)-oHKT(TG)-xBKK(TG)-KTM
with a 6 weeks stopover in HKT.
The problem which may coming up, is that TG changes the operating day for CPH-HKT , ( which only operates 3 times per week ), and then a reissue would be necessary.
Last time, when this happened TG sayed BMI has to request the new seats, TG will confirm them and then DC has to reissue new tix.
TG will say them not "deal " with customer, as it is not them ticketstock.
If BMI and DC are still " alive ", them would have to do the work, last time we needed PTS team to solve the problem. But Iam not so sure if TG still will open availability for an airline which is not in *aliance anymore, or may be even not exist anymore.
Why there are no clear anouncements from BMI/DC or BA ?
I would've thought you biggest "problem", as pointed out above, is that it would appear your stopover is more important than the destination.

I'm not one to get all high and mighty about testing the limits of the system, as I have a forthcoming Z1-7-8, but you're unlikely to get very far arguing for re-booking the stopover and the "destination" if anything changes. As said above, the best I would imagine you can hope for is to get to and back from KTM or a refund, which I suspect ain't what you were hoping for. You win some, you lose some.... Good luck with the lawsuit, you'll need it!!
Old May 29, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would've thought you biggest "problem", as pointed out above, is that it would appear your stopover is more important than the destination.

I'm not one to get all high and mighty about testing the limits of the system, as I have a forthcoming Z1-7-8, but you're unlikely to get very far arguing for re-booking the stopover and the "destination" if anything changes. As said above, the best I would imagine you can hope for is to get to and back from KTM or a refund, which I suspect ain't what you were hoping for. You win some, you lose some.... Good luck with the lawsuit, you'll need it!!
Very well said ^
Old May 29, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Well, a stopover is a destination in itself and a carrier is due to transport you to your next stopover place, marked with a "o" on the ticket. However, in exceptional circumstances, a carrier may omit to stop in a place that is not on the ticket (say you have SQ SIN MAN and the aircraft does not land in MUC) and it can also reroute you to your next stopover place by substituting a direct flight to a flight with transit, as long as it is under similar conditions of transport, at the earliest possible time etc.

So, yes, you can fight to be rerouted to your stopover points, but you cannot find to force a transit where you don't have a stopover ticketed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.