Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Help with redemption booking - April 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Platinum

I thought about booking another flight next year from Tokyo (2 pax in C, going to zone 2) and started looking. I use KVS and have the following observations:

1. The safe bet is OZ (NRT-ICN-LHR-LIS). All segments available.
2. NH is showing no availability in C (and somehow the 787 is not listed anymore)
3. TK shows seats in C (NRT-IST) but I've been reading the forum and seems like TK is not giving any seats away. Is it worth calling? This would be the best option.
4. There are options with SQ via SIN (NRT/HND-SIN-BCN or NRT/HND-SIN-LHR-LIS) with a nice day in SIN but again can't see any availability in C. Is it worth calling?
5. TG does not show up at all (too far in the future?)
6. Nothing available on SK
7. MS shows availability to CPH via CAI (is the long haul a good product?)

I am bit puzzled now and not sure which option to pursue.
The other question is to check the luggage to LHR only and skip the remaining trip. Is there a problem in OZ or SQ with that?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Piotrek

Last edited by Podskarbi; May 24, 2012 at 11:18 am
Old May 24, 2012, 10:51 am

- Check options from HND.
- Call and ask for TYO-SIN and SIN-LIS separately to see if it makes a difference.
- Be sure to call!
- Don't wait - before you know it you will be left empty handed!
Old May 24, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Podskarbi
I thought about booking another flight next year from Tokyo (2 pax in C, going to zone 2) and started looking. I use KVS and have the following observations:

4. There are options with SQ via SIN (NRT/HND-SIN-BCN or NRT/HND-SIN-LHR-LIS) with a nice day in SIN but again can't see any availability in C. Is it worth calling?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Piotrek
Absolutely worth calling ICC to check SQ availability. I have got SQ seats from ICC even when SQ Krisflyer shows waitlists only
Old May 25, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The last date you can book for April 2013 (as of today) is 22nd.

I managed to cash the remaining miles for TG/OZ/SQ in F/C/C so availability for TG is still there.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The last date you can book for April 2013 (as of today) is 22nd.

I managed to cash the remaining miles for TG/OZ/SQ in F/C/C so availability for TG is still there.
Not true. I got 27th ticketed on Thai yesterday.

See here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-released.html

I found united.com to be the best for seing the seats.
Old May 28, 2012, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the responses. I'm going to give them a call today and see what happens.

On another note - I want to put the charges to my girlfriends card for these tickets. Will I be allowed?
Old May 28, 2012, 3:29 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Podskarbi
Thanks to all for the responses. I'm going to give them a call today and see what happens.

On another note - I want to put the charges to my girlfriends card for these tickets. Will I be allowed?
There are notes about TK no longer being available. And finally the DC Member has to use their form of payment. If you ran a Business you you allow somebody else's Card over the phone.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Update: I couldn't get two seats on SQ (only one available on each flight) so settled for OZ. I now have two business class seats from NRT to OSL via ICN and LHR. The last segment is on SK.
Total charges (with c+m element) came up to £411 per pax. Great value again!
Now waiting for the reservation to be ticketed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.