Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BA flight but no miles credit to bmi DC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:58 am
Original Poster

I took a BA flight more than 1.5 months ago & put down my bmi DC number via BA booking website. Someone posted in this forum that miles would be credited from 1st June. It is now 20 days past in June, miles have never appeared on my bmi DC account. Anyone has the same experience?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
They seem to be running slow on this. I've heard (from BA) that it's expected to be in place by the end of the month.

If nothing appears by then try the usual retro claims procedure.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Finally, the long awaited miles appeared on my bmi dc account (see my earlier post, taking ba flight but put down my bmi dc number). I thought I was going to get 1:1 miles/avios. It did not happen. If I were to use baec number, I would have gotten more avios points than the 1:1 match. Note: purely accrued miles, not taking status bonus points into consideration.
I would be better off using baec number on ba flight.
Anyone out there would like to share this 1:1 thing.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bettydough
Anyone out there would like to share this 1:1 thing.
the 1:1 will apply to transferring your bmi miles to Avios

When travelling on a BA flight you can

1) use BAEC number and earn the number of miles applicable from the BA earning table (including tier points)
2) use DC and earn the number of miles applicable from the bmi earning table for BA (destination miles only)

if you go with option 2 the miles will go into your DC account and then can be transferred 1:1 to Avios after 3rd July
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caz312
2) use DC and earn the number of miles applicable from the bmi earning table for BA (destination miles only)

if you go with option 2 the miles will go into your DC account and then can be transferred 1:1 to Avios after 3rd July
No. I did not even get the correct miles based on bmi earning table for the relevant booking class. I was under.

Thanks caz312. It is worth doing some homework & make comparison before deciding which card to use. bmi seems increasingly over.

Last edited by Bettydough; Jun 30, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Bettydough
No. I did not even get the correct miles based on bmi earning table for the relevant booking class. I was under.
The BA flight earning show under the Airline Partners miles not the bmi earning

eg M class on a bmi flight earns x1.0, but M class on BA earns x0.5
you can then compare that with what M class earns on BA with BAEC and work out which is best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.