Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Yes, He's Dead, Jim.

I signed up about 1000 UTC today. Worked via the 2nd link from sbbutler93.

Tried to sign up MrsXS during the past hour (1700 UTC). Didn't work under any link, she came up blue

Tried both links and promo code swapping, no love. 2nd attempt even with different email address and name variant came up "You already have a Diamond Club account".

So remoted into my other PC 3 states over and tried with yet another email. Worked to sign-up but got blue again, this time with the 1000 mi bonus.

Oh well at least I'm *S. CO/UA didn't give me any love this year even though their 12/26 meltdown blew my *S requal with them.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jdbelfast
Log into flybmi.com, print off your status (as long as it shows silver) and bring to airport. Usually that works
Signed up using this promo but the status is showing "blue".

Does anyone know how long it takes for this to update to Silver?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
So now I'm seeing two different scenarios:
  1. Using the above "new" link for the instant Silver promo and then clicking the Join link on the left, the application page loads with the Voucher Code of 1JA1KD pre-filled.
  2. Using the original link, the voucher code is prefilled with OWE.

Didn't try completing either since I already have two different DC accounts but was wondering what they do -- need to open one for the missus (shoulda done the silver promo fo her as well).

On a related note, does anyone know if bmi will combine multiple accounts?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by SQ421

It may take the exact same length of time as it takes you to earn 16,000 status miles
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by SQ421

I signed up before they close the loophole : status showed "Silver". Now it still shows "Silver".
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Originally Posted by kwildnj
I was able to log in to my account within minutes of signing up. If your accout number doesnt work, try using your e-mail address.

And as for the accounts being recinded, i have called BMI's Diamond Club Customer Service twice since signing up (once to see if my welcome kit could be expedited, and today to request additional luggage tags) and they reviewed everything, saw I was silver, and left it at that.

I am doing a "print screen" of my status page, as I have a UA flight Thursday, and want to be able to check my bag for free. I will try and report back how that goes.
Please do let us know how this goes. I have just heard from bmi:

'The link was only on printed application forms which members would have received directly from a bmi representative.

Anyone that has used this link will be verified and, if they did not have receive the offer from a bmi representative, will not be upgraded to silver.'
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kingofbeans
Please do let us know how this goes. I have just heard from bmi:

'The link was only on printed application forms which members would have received directly from a bmi representative.

Anyone that has used this link will be verified and, if they did not have receive the offer from a bmi representative, will not be upgraded to silver.'
How did you "hear from them?" Were you at Silver and now are not?

My DC account still shows Silver when I log in. Although I do not have the card in hand or anything. I wouldn't be all that shocked if they yank it from me, but my plan is to stay quiet with them and see if it slides through.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Heard by email, I signed someone up who is still silver. I emailed about something else and asked about the link. He may have just been saying it though... lets see!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
My account still shows silver too - I am flying with them this weekend, so I hope that having a few miles in my account will keep them sweet!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Folks, the first rule of airline deals is you don't talk about airline deals

Thanks NOT to the people who foolishly contacted bmi to ask "about the link".

This COULD have flown under the radar.

So far I'm still Silver and was planning on crediting to it this weekend on UA even though I'm not taking checked luggage. The offer made me think about using a different *A program than UA/CO. I looked at the earn vs. burn rates and realized it makes sense to actually use BD DC, given in the next couple of years I may need to redeem some N.Amer-S.Amer economy awards which are way lower with BD miles than they are with UA/CO miles. I've also had good experiences the few times I've flown BD itself on UK connections.

I'm gonna be ticked off if my Silver gets the kibosh because too many thoughtless folks asked bmi "is this too good to be true?"
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by MarkXS
I'm gonna be ticked off if my Silver gets the kibosh because too many thoughtless folks asked bmi "is this too good to be true?"
Considering the link was posted on this very forum, and the forum is read by bmi staff, I imagine it would have been noticed even if people hadn't e-mailed them.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:09 am

Folks, the first rule of airline deals is you don't talk about airline deals
BMI are active on this forum, as soon as this was on here it was visible to bmi staff... also it seemed consensus that this was not a targeted offer. I know that's the way things work around here, but you also have to consider that letting people know about such a deal is decent. It was asked about after it closed, at which stage I feel bmi probably noticed the influx of new members!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:10 am

Has anybody who signed up received their membership pack yet? I signed up, despite already being a DC member. Still showing as Silver online although nothing yet received.

Last edited by pazza2000; Mar 18, 2011 at 4:23 am
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Has anybody who signed up received their membership pack yet? I signed up, despite already being a DC member. Still showing as Silver online although nothing yet received.
Even people who earn status fairly report waiting months for the paperwork!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
This COULD have flown under the radar.
The radar had caught this a while back. You're in the bmi forum, which has bmi / DC participants as well as a number of unseen bmi lurkers who monitor it. All the while people are openly discussing this free Silver offer in front of them. Then better still, telling them publicly all about the workarounds for it too.

It was promoted by a number of bloggers (some driven by ego alone), of which a few will have known this was an error, but presented it as being an offer open to all.

Many of these blogs are monitored by bmi as well as part of the resourcing up in marketing and social media over the past 12 months, so it wasn't go to slip the net here either.

DC had already changed the original offer and added the coding. They had already talked to people about it openly on their Facebook and Twitter feeds and explained it wasn't an offer open to all.

It isn't the people asking questions of this to DC who have killed this as that particular ship sailed a while ago. Bloggers trying to look great by shouting about it to all and sundry and attracting plenty of attention were the ones who ensured this was killed. If they hadn't have sent so many people over, you'd probably have found that they wouldn't be validating the accounts now for eligibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.