Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Topolino
With 200 miles on the ANA account we can use the ANA tool (for searching Star Alliance award flights).
But I'm "worried" that the next enhancement will be ... you can check the awards availability on the Star Alliance flights ONLY if you have enough ANA points for the specific route that you are searching for.
What do you think?
I hope not. Are there any programs which require that?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
So did I, good tip.

but "Please allow 2–4 weeks for your transfer to be posted to your designated frequent-flyer account"
Normally, at least from SPG to BA, it goes a lot quicker.

I lost my SPG Plat this year so need to transfer min of 1500.. Are we all sure that the miles do not need to be ANA or *A flight miles?

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: BA
Someone mentioned "Aeroplan" earlier, how does this compare with the ANA tool. I've had a quick look at it (not seen it before) and it seems okay.

Does it search all *A carriers?

Update: answered my own question, searching for LHR-SIN produced "The itinerary you have selected cannot be booked online. Modify your search or call the Aeroplan Contact Centre for more information on booking this route."

Last edited by tourcd; Jun 20, 2010 at 4:31 am
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
So did I, good tip.

but "Please allow 2–4 weeks for your transfer to be posted to your designated frequent-flyer account"
The SPG point posted today, 3 days after the transfer request, and, with an ANA mileage balance of 1 mile, the search functions are unlocked again.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:28 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by aurigakb
I hope not. Are there any programs which require that?
KE do, or at least they did last year. Terrible idea
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
CONFIRMED!

My 1 SPG point transfer (I'm Plat) to ANA was completed in 2 business days.

I can confirm that I have full access to STAR rewards just like before.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
^

It's a bit mean on ANA's part - its not as if there is any marginal cost to them of us all using their website.
I might be wrong and often am, but as I understand it - everytime you do a search on a GDS, there is a fee... this is how the GDS's make some of their money....

Multiply that by the number of times we religiously go through each date and actually... this could be a lot of money!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:22 pm

Anyone know which car rental partners participate in AMC? Specifically, Budget?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Just saw this thread, and I understood why NH is doing it.

I flew NH430 (FUK-ITM) about 2 months ago as part of my SQ award, so I tried to see if I can get any point via Retroactive Mileage Claim on ANA website. Luckily, it game me the points (only a few) instantly and now I can access *A award again!

I am glad now that I made a decision to reroute Singapore-Osaka to include Fukuoka as my transit point! Initially I thought it was a hassle!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by edison
Just saw this thread, and I understood why NH is doing it.

I flew NH430 (FUK-ITM) about 2 months ago as part of my SQ award, so I tried to see if I can get any point via Retroactive Mileage Claim on ANA website. Luckily, it game me the points (only a few) instantly and now I can access *A award again!

I am glad now that I made a decision to reroute Singapore-Osaka to include Fukuoka as my transit point! Initially I thought it was a hassle!
You claimed mileage on an award ticket and it posted instantly? Uh huh, you might be opening a whole can of worms here...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by bichoo
My 1 SPG point transfer (I'm Plat) to ANA was completed in 2 business days.

I can confirm that I have full access to STAR rewards just like before.
I have several Starpoints but don't see anyplace on the SPG site on how to do this. Could someone explain how please? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You need to be Starwood Plat to transfer 1 point. Normal members need a minimum transfer of 1,500 (Gold) or 2,500 (Pleb). Look under spend points on spg.com. Personally I consider 2,500 points too high a price to pay and will be looking for a cheaper alternative!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
For those who are moving AMEX points over, it takes 48 to 72 hours for those points to be credited. ANA has a three year expiration on points.
I have just logged into my Amex MR account and can't see ANA as a partner airline? How do I find them and transfer the minimum points?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
US Amex MR only
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
US Amex MR only
Damn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.