DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Subscribe
MOD EDIT: This was a false alarm - Diamond Club is not being universally closed. But it is bad news for those in the Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

The below post was just made by Disco Volante and he assured me that is is a genuine error message received on the flybmi.com website. Taking this at face value, it is now very likely that Diamond Club is being wound up (or I am ).

Please keep ALL discussion about the, er, merger in this thread - and I'll sticky it for now.
Perhaps I spoke too soon. It shows no "account activity" this year and then there is this:

Quote:
Thank you for registering for the status match and miles transfer offer, from the Diamond Club frequent flyer programme to the Miles & More frequent flyer programme.

Whilst the membership account transfer process is in progress, your Diamond Club account will be suspended and from 16 May 2010 you will not be able to earn or redeem miles against this account. When the miles transfer and status match is complete, your Diamond Club membership will cease to exist and you will no longer be able to access your old membership information via flybmi.com.

Please ensure you now begin to use your Miles & More membership number against all future flight bookings and for all other miles earning and redemption activities.
But I didn't register...
The DC sign-up forms, etc. are still active on the site. I logged into my account just now and (so far) all looks OK - status, balances, earning history. The only thing missing is 'my next flight' for some reason.

???

Say it ain't so....
There's now a "Miles and more" item in the Diamond Club pop-up menu on the bmi home page.

Doesn't take you anywhere so I guess the site is still being updated.

Oh "bother".
Hmmm ....

If this is a permanent offer (ie you can move across at any point) then that is fine. What would be a worry is if LH runs a 'one time offer' with the implication that if they then sell BMI to Alitalia then you will be forced to accept a transfer of your miles to Skyteam!

It has to be said, though, that April is a fantastic time to do a M&M status match. Your Gold status should last until 28 February 2013.

Perhaps not a coincidence that the 'join and get free Silver' offer has just been pulled ....

If you have zero status and a large pile of miles (like me) then it is a no-brainer to ignore this offer.
Quote: There's now a "Miles and more" item in the Diamond Club pop-up menu on the bmi home page.
I don't see it - where exactly?
Hover over "Diamond Club" on the home page.
Quote: Hover over "Diamond Club" on the home page.
That is what I assumed but all I see is Diamond Club, Company Rewards, Highflyers, Credit Card.
Go to the DC members area. The link is at the bottom of the menu on the left hand side.
Quote: I don't see it - where exactly?
Last item in Diamond Club drop-down menu.

And it leads to this page:

Quote: That is what I assumed but all I see is Diamond Club, Company Rewards, Highflyers, Credit Card.
That is all I see, too.
Mine still ends at 'Credit Card' on all the above pages/places. This is not a cache issue, I've just tried in several browsers including ones with all caches/cookies wiped.

Is it being done by IP address for some reason

(Am currently home in London).
For those with cheaper tickets:

And my previous post in this thread.

1 month is quite short
Quote: That is all I see, too.
It doesn't show when logged in. Only from the home page when not logged in, I think.
There appear to be two versions of the site running in parallel. I have tried the site in different browsers and by signing in and out you can get it to go from the M&M link version back to the standard version and vice versa. It's almost like some clown has set it live a bit early....