Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: www.srflyer.blogspot.com
Originally Posted by Raffles
I don't see your problem. You are already BMI Gold. Lufthansa will, if you want, match you to M&M Gold - and for almost 3 years, probably, as M&M Gold runs for 2 years from the February after you achieve it.
that's the thing, would they take it from july of 2010 (which then means they start the M&M status match from Feb 2011), or july 2011 when my BD *G expires (which then means they start the M&M status match from Feb 2012)

what is the most likely scenario?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Can you post a link to the page, please?

It looks like they reversed who can see it - those who did previously now can't and vice versa.
It's still the same link as in your post #59. But now I can get to the page via the link when logged in - I couldn't earlier.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Emperorsr
what is the most likely scenario?
The match will be immediate, so I assume it would be treated as if you had hit SEN on May 16th and thus it would run to Feb 2013. This will be followed by 2 years of Silver to Feb 2015. This is what happened to me in the *A BA status match of 2005ish.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
It's still the same link as in your post #59. But now I can get to the page via the link when logged in - I couldn't earlier.
It doesn't work for me here at all...I hope BMI isn't going to sell off DC to LH...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by usa18dca
It doesn't work for me here at all...I hope BMI isn't going to sell off DC to LH...
Sell? I sincerely doubt LH will be willing to pay their 100% subsidiary for taking their customer database. They'll just come and take it; just like they've done it with Swiss.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:55 am

Smile This is turning into a very stressful evening. Action plan needed. With flowcharts

Right, well, I've been spending the last half hour on skype with MrsLHR*G.

What we've come up with is
- not a disaster, the LH burning rates seem to be about the same
- but the LH miles expire in 36 months, unless you get a LH credit card
- so we sign up for the credit card (when they have some sort of offer on)

- move family accounts into one account for transfer over to LH

- register with AC for all future accruals of miles
- not immediately a problem as LH will presumably keep our status for 2 years

- panic
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by luitje
just like they've done it with Swiss.
I didn't have status back then, but I've burned all my TravelClub miles before joining M&M.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by luitje
Sell? I sincerely doubt LH will be willing to pay their 100% subsidiary for taking their customer database. They'll just come and take it; just like they've done it with Swiss.
It might be transferred to offset any cash coming into bmi from the parent. Looking at The Times article, bmi appear to have done as much as they can with job cuts, return of planes and trading/selling/renting the LHR slots. They still need some cash from LH, and will need to give something back.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
The link is showing for me now, too, when not logged in. I have no plans to log in and see what it does though!

I suppose the whole situation might not be too bad, although still not fantastic. Assuming there's no "forced" migration, I should make BD*G next month, and if that'll give me 5 years of LH*G/LH*S, then I guess you can't really complain! And it seems an upcoming NZ redemption I want to make would cost exactly the same with DC as with M&M (although no C&M with M&M, and I'm not sure about their policy on stopovers). In terms of earning, I tend to do most of my travelling in long-haul economy, which is great with DC, but not so good on M&M. AC here I come too, perhaps?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by orudge
The link is showing for me now, too, when not logged in. I have no plans to log in and see what it does though!
Does this mean I get several SEN cards for logging in few times?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Totally gutted

Love DC and BD despite all the reasons not to and I'll have about 300k miles to burn by the time of the transfer.

If like me you love redemptions then M&M seems a really poor choice in comparison to DC but so is nearly every FF programme. I'm hopeless at trying to decide which programme to move to but will probably be stuck with BAEC whilst leaving my DC miles where they are while I burn them unless I get my finger out and book some now then transfer, enjoying SEN untill 2013.

Rubbish end to the day.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:23 pm

Useful links

LH redemption chart
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediap...dia_772322.pdf

Star Alliance FFP Comparison chart
http://members.shaw.ca/deercroft/starall.html
(still not sure AC vs TK vs TG -- although TK have lost my bags and I currently am annoyed with them)

Star Alliance Reward Comparison
http://hagbard.0-24.net/starawards.html
(probably very out of date)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I'm not seeing anything about M & M on the login page either. I'm avoiding logging in until there's some clarity.

As a BDLG this may well be the day I have come to dread I wouldn't have kept G this year were I not LG, so I've got no chance of qualifying for SEN through flights taken.

Tell me it's not so.........
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:35 pm
Suspended

This is all very bizarre though in keeping with the traditions of DC's web site and how DC communicates with its members ahead of a decision being implemented.

I really hope it's not the end of DC and that the suggestion that this is on an opt-in basis only stands.

Presumably M+M won't honour DC Lifetime Gold status (though in my situation it's academic really as I have three years left to run before this would be granted, assuming I continue to re-qualify for Gold).
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I can now finally see the option on the homepage under the 'Diamond Club' drop-down menu. Clicking it takes me to login though...which I won't be doing just in case for now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.