Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M SEN, SPG Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Dirty_Idea
I got the stupid letter too.... madness.
And the same applies for me as well!
Letter indicating that I did not register succesfully.
Still no status match (BMI Gold) in the M&M program.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Actually there are two numbers. The M&M customer number which is 9-digit and stays with you regardless of your status and the card number which is 15-digit and changes depending on your M&M status. You need to quote the 15-digit card number in your booking.
The customer number is on the LH site when you log in; the card number is on the M&M site.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
The customer number is on the LH site when you log in; the card number is on the M&M site.
It depends how you log in. My login is actually my SEN card number (which I can recite in my sleep ) so I could see it both on the initial screen and My mileage account screen alongside the M&M customer number.

The mileage account in detail page on the M&M site also shows both the card number and the customer number.

The card number is actually interchangeable. When your status changes and you receive a new card the old number should continue to work. This feature may be used creatively under certain circumstances.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
So my DC account is apparently closed online now; I tried to log-in, it says My Account on the left and Member Login on the right, no information at all on my "old account".

I tried 2 different browsers, account closed.

HOWEVER; of course my Miles and More still shows basic member status not Senator, wow, just unreal. I'll call on Thursday when I'm not travelling on business and back in my office in the US, since I won't be back home in Israel for another week.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: BD*G; LH
Originally Posted by zabes64
So my DC account is apparently closed online now; I tried to log-in, it says My Account on the left and Member Login on the right, no information at all on my "old account".
Same here, although I am registered in Germany and there should be everything as normal.
I hope, it is just another bmi IT failure.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
it must be IT failure. My account was not working few hrs back, not it is back online ^
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:02 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question. If you had existing BMI and M&M accounts, and the status transferred correctly, will M&M send a new card showing status? I thought so, but in the M&M lounge, the website has me confused, "Please note that you will not receive your new Miles & More card until your present card has expired, even if you have requalified in the meantime." Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
Sorry if this is a dumb question. If you had existing BMI and M&M accounts, and the status transferred correctly, will M&M send a new card showing status? I thought so, but in the M&M lounge, the website has me confused, "Please note that you will not receive your new Miles & More card until your present card has expired, even if you have requalified in the meantime." Thanks.
They will send you a new M&M card if your transferred status is higher than your current M&M status. Otherwise they will only send you a new card shortly before the current card expires (assuming that the new expiry date is later or you requalify in the mean time).

Typically they start sending out new M&M cards around November about 4 months before the expiry of the old card at the end of February.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
its not a dumb question!

anyways, I was in the same boat. I had DC and M&M... my DC status was matched to M&M SEN (before I was nobody)...10 days after I showed up as SEN online, M&M sent me a shiny Gold card with the welcome packet.

So dont worry...you will receive a packet...IF your status has changed due to the status match
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:33 am

Another call. The poor guy in India said that they were getting nothing back from the central team; it would appear they have been inundated with complaints. We asked me to wait a week and if I could be patient. So, we wait.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: AF-KL Flying Blue;QR Privilege Club Gold;AB Top Bonus; M&M
Received my new M&M card today, even though I had received previously the BD letter of the unsuccessful application.

Moreover, my mileage total with M&M was 500 miles higher than my DC total (so I ain't complaining); this is probably my welcome bonus ?

Can still sign-in into my DC account and my M&M account is working too...

Glad, all went OK in my case...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold / IHG Platinum AMB
Got my BLUE M&M card today :(

Today my wife and I got a letter from Miles&More, so I thought: there is our SEN-package.
Guess what?! It was a "Welcome to Miles&More" letter with a BLUE card of their lowest level. My wife had the same letter.

I am so angry about all this incompetent people handling this job.
Tomorrow I am going to move heaven and earth and call them to fix this. Besides the problem of having no status, I got only 65% of my miles transferred. I emailed them about this, screen shots included, about 2 weeks ago. Never got any reply.
It looks like everything you can think about, is going wrong in this process!!

Next week I'll have a trip to Singapore in business on LH and I still don't know where to post my miles. With this M&M account without status you miss the 25% bonus.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, FB Ivory
the soap opera continues. today I also got a regular blue miles and more member card in the mail, not even a Frequent Traveller card to which I have been incorrectly matched... Status online is still Frequent Traveller though, also when I log in with the different card number that is on this new blue card.

Last edited by paul123; Jul 7, 2010 at 4:29 pm
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by paul123
the soap opera continues. today I also got a regular blue miles and more member card in the mail, not even a Frequent Traveller card to which I have been incorrectly matched... Status online is still Frequent Traveller though, also when I log in with the different card number that is on this new blue card.
I'm sure i'm not the only one sitting here laughing about how amusing the whole DC situation is. Sure it will resolve itself in the end but it's just such a balls up. Every reply i see to this thread cracks me up and reminds me of how amazing DC is.

A couple of you need to take this approach otherwise you're going to go grey pretty soon due to all the stress.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show as i also just got my Blue card.

Last edited by Simsalabim; Jul 8, 2010 at 7:18 am Reason: grammar
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
It kinda sounds like bmi is issuing the M&M cards...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.