Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I also got that email; I rang them up (again) and they told me it would be sorted out within 48 hours (though last Tuesday they assured me it would be sorted out within 72 hours).

Here's hoping!!!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I was just told they are aware of the problem and it will be sorted out by July 10th....

Though the person I spoke with wasn't willing to send this over to another department to have it looked into.

I called back and was finally able to get through to the Gold line and they said it may not happen until the 3rd week in July because they are doing them in Batches.

So while your miles may have transferred your status may not.

Last edited by zabes64; Jun 28, 2010 at 8:15 am Reason: Added information
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by netd
That's a very good point. I was assuming it is based on your anniversary, DC style, and that would be reset to your M&M transfer date. So after a transfer to M&M you get 2 calendar years of SEN, one of which you need to earn the 100k/130k to retain status. Got it, I think...
Yes, you got it. ^ Any BD*G who is status matched during 2010 should retain the SEN status during the rest of 2010, two calendar years (2011 and 2012) and the first two months of 2013. And they need to earn 100k/130k in either 2011 or 2012 (or the first two months of 2013!).

Does that mean as a M&M member who does over the 100k yearly, then every second year it is not worth bothering (the non-qualifying years you mention), bank your miles elsewhere? That doesn't seem right? My head hurts
That's why there are so many M&M members who bank miles with Diamond Club in their "leap years" or after achieving 100k/130k miles.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:07 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Any BD*G who is status matched during 2010 should retain the SEN status during the rest of 2010, two calendar years (2011 and 2012) and the first two months of 2013. And they need to earn 100k/130k in either 2011 or 2012 (or the first two months of 2013!).
This contradicts several reports here (and, if I recall correctly, the DC website), saying that compulsorily "matched" (i.e. transferred/ported) BD*Gs only get SEN valid through to the end of February 2012. In other words, they only get 2011 to requalify or else drop to FTL.

Maybe experiencing the dizzy heights of HON-dom is affecting your ability to empathize with us mere mortals down at the lower levels.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by IMH
This contradicts several reports here (and, if I recall correctly, the DC website), saying that compulsorily "matched" (i.e. transferred/ported) BD*Gs only get SEN valid through to the end of February 2012. In other words, they only get 2011 to requalify or else drop to FTL.

Maybe experiencing the dizzy heights of HON-dom is affecting your ability to empathize with us mere mortals down at the lower levels.
Yes, I wondered about that but wanted to sound as positive as possible!

When SN Privilege became M&M in 2009, any transferred/matched status was valid for two calendar years. A similar arrangement may be made for BD*G and BD*S. The smartest solution would be to transfer status on 1st January, reset status miles to zero and extend the new status for two years and two months.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
A similar arrangement may be made for BD*G and BD*S. The smartest solution would be to transfer status on 1st January, reset status miles to zero and extend the new status for two years and two months.
Well the arrangement confirmed by DC and M&M was for the rest of this year and next year as well, hence the frustration of some of those matched as it didn't equal what a newly qualified SEN would get. You could argue that they are pretty much LH SEN-lite with the shorter status period.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:00 am
IMH

When SN Privilege became M&M in 2009, any transferred/matched status was valid for two calendar years. A similar arrangement may be made for BD*G and BD*S.
You're right, of course: it might be. I hope it will be. But it didn't happen that way for those people who've just been compulsorily Miles-&-More-ificated:

"Your status will be valid until February 2012, so you have one full calendar year in 2011 to re-qualify."

That's the latest precedent and it would be foolish to expect anything more generous than SEN-Lite.

The smartest solution would be to transfer status on 1st January, reset status miles to zero and extend the new status for two years and two months.
That would certainly be very acceptable. As we progress through the calendar year, of course, the chances of the move not happening until 2011 increase...
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Well the arrangement confirmed by DC and M&M was for the rest of this year and next year as well, hence the frustration of some of those matched as it didn't equal what a newly qualified SEN would get. You could argue that they are pretty much LH SEN-lite with the shorter status period.
But there is the precedence of SN Privilege members that I mentioned. Why shouldn't DC members receive the same treatment as SN Privilege members at least?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:17 am
IMH

Why shouldn't DC members receive the same treatment as SN Privilege members at least?
In the end it's going to be a question of what LH thinks a new *G is 'worth', i.e. how much they're prepared to give us to encourage our loyalty. The answer last year, when SN was devoured, was SEN for approx. 28 months (November 2009 to February 2012). Their most recent answer, for the BD*G members they've just taken, was status from June 2010 to February 2012, i.e. 21 months.

If they make the change very quickly, i.e. as quickly as they did for NL etc., then we could all be SENs by August and can probably expect that status to expire in February 2012. If it takes a little longer, which is what we have to hope, then we might also get the M&M standard two years to requalify.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: KL Platinum
Glad this migration is working for some, its not for me. Am still missing miles and status from my new Lufthansa Miles and More account. I am particularly mystified as to how they transferred an inaccurate number of miles, it seems to be a completely random number. I've contacted both Miles and More and Diamond Club and they keep passing the buck to one another.

Very disappointing.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
But there is the precedence of SN Privilege members that I mentioned. Why shouldn't DC members receive the same treatment as SN Privilege members at least?
But that precedent is and indeed was no guarantee of anything in the future. The precedent now for the remaining DC members is far more likely to be the SEN-lite that we have seen for the NL etc, than it was for those from SN earlier.

Ultimately, LH can do what they like and as we have seen there isn't any room for negotiation.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I think that the next step will be migrating all DC accounts to M&M (sometime who knows when), regardless of address. In that case, you lose out with a DE address, as German residents have much higher qualification requirements (in the M&M world)
Good point. My hope is just that the sheer volume of accounts in Germany may prompt them to do a conversion later then some of the smaller places (and Singapore is quite small after all and will not have loads of BD members). I'm speculating that it would allow me to have BMI redemptions a little longer. Maybe wishfull thinking but hope dies last.

My SEN account is registered in Singapore and I'm qualified till Feb 2013 so I'm good on that front even if they merge accounts. If they ever doubt my residence I have no problem proving it to LH that I really reside in SIN, I can even pop by the local office if needed though a copy of my permanent residence card should suffice.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by demue
My SEN account is registered in Singapore and I'm qualified till Feb 2013 so I'm good on that front even if they merge accounts.
Same here, SEN till Feb/2013. But a little devil keeps whispering in my ear "Why not open a new M&M account at your Dad's address and use it - if needed - for the transfer from DC? Best scenario for this devilish scheme - transit from DC to MM in 2012 with SENdom till Feb/2014 Worst case - unused 0 mile account"
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Depends how many miles you have. Small M&M balances are useless so you may end up sacrificing a lot of miles in return for a year of status.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold / IHG Platinum AMB
I can't believe how unprofessional this has been done! In my case there is about 65% of my miles transferred and besides that: no status yet.

And why do they send a mail to all victims titled "Diamond Club account transfer & closure" as the transfer is still in progress!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.