Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BMI redemption on TG - how to book seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi, I'm pleased with 2 one way redemptions on TG using DC miles. How do I book the seats on TG? Their website is poor.....
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Phone TG.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:29 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Actually the lufthansa website will work... or alternatively email your local Thai office... calling is also an option as RAPC says
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I phoned them for our 2 seats one way to BKK ex LHR and they were most helpful.

Regards

20-Horse
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.

I've been able to select seats using the LH website. Very easy!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by rogerj
Thanks for the advice.

I've been able to select seats using the LH website. Very easy!
Did you need to be an M&M member or registered user to do this or can it be done directly from the LH site? Also, did you use the reservation code issued by ICC? Usually I just email TG but selecting seats personally in future would be more convenient. Thx.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
Did you need to be an M&M member or registered user to do this or can it be done directly from the LH site? Also, did you use the reservation code issued by ICC? Usually I just email TG but selecting seats personally in future would be more convenient. Thx.
You only need the res code given by ICC and the surname of the lead passenger. Use the 'Retrieve Single Booking' area on this page - http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...93|PLNR_745793

Very easy.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by rogerj
You only need the res code given by ICC and the surname of the lead passenger. Use the 'Retrieve Single Booking' area on this page - http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...93|PLNR_745793

Very easy.
Cool, just changed a few It worked for BD, TG and AC but not SQ. If my flights are anything to go by TG must be looking forward to receiving their 380s as loads are all close to 100% on the LHR route.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by dazz81
Actually the lufthansa website will work... or alternatively email your local Thai office... calling is also an option as RAPC says
Thank you for the Lufthansa tip - worked brilliantly. Now have my Sq seats reserved for my award booking.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Cool, just changed a few It worked for BD, TG and AC
Are you reading this BA?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: BA
Cool, just changed a few It worked for BD, TG and AC but not SQ. If my flights are anything to go by TG must be looking forward to receiving their 380s as loads are all close to 100% on the LHR route.
If you put your BMI PNR into checkmytrip, it will give you your SQ reference code.

I have always managed to use that code on the SQ site to select my seat.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Smile Added to FAQ 4b

Very useful! ^
I've added it to bmi FAQ No.4b : A few useful websites

Cheers,

JJJJS

PS Any further suggestions for additional resources always welcome in the FAQ thread
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by baggageinhall
If you put your BMI PNR into checkmytrip, it will give you your SQ reference code.

I have always managed to use that code on the SQ site to select my seat.
Another user above also quoted it working for SQ so perhaps it only allows selection rather than changes on SQ. Another possibility is that I may have tried selecting a seat that was 'invisibly' blocked for one reason or another, or perhaps just a temporary glitch.

I've use the CMT route you suggest for UA and AC before. UA worked fine but AC didn't so I was surprised I could do AC at the LH site and not their own. If I recall AC site stated it was because I hadbdn't reserved the flight from AC themselves.

This has quickly developed into a useful thread so thx to roger and subsequent posts for their input.

EDIT: Although LH site indicated a problem when attempting to change SQ seats, a subsequent check at SQs own website showed that the revised seat selections were recognised.

Last edited by ScottieFlyer; Mar 6, 2010 at 11:25 am
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: BA
Another user above also quoted it working for SQ so perhaps it only allows selection rather than changes on SQ. Another possibility is that I may have tried selecting a seat that was 'invisibly' blocked for one reason or another, or perhaps just a temporary glitch.

I've use the CMT route you suggest for UA and AC before. UA worked fine but AC didn't so I was surprised I could do AC at the LH site and not their own. If I recall AC site stated it was because I hadbdn't reserved the flight from AC themselves.

This has quickly developed into a useful thread so thx to roger and subsequent posts for their input.
The vagaries of the various *A systems eh!

I can confirm that the LH site also work with LX (unsurprisingly) and SA.

Last edited by baggageinhall; Nov 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
The vagaries of the various *A systems eh!

I can confirm that the LH site also work with LX (unsurprisingly), SA and OZ.
Interestingly I've been unable to select seats for LX flights but managed US no problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.