Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LHR Lounges: F arrival/C departure which lounge?

Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Hello, I'll be arriving into T3 on NH F and departing T 1 in BD C. Did a search for which lounge is best to use For a shower etc and still not quite sure..SK lounge in T3/SQ Lounge or No.1 lounge...which do you recommend?

Thank you

Peter10
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I dont think you can access SQ lounge after arriving in T3, but anyway i would reccomend No1 Heathrow as its nice and new, showers are excellent, and it also has some decent snacks
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
It depends on where you are going in BD C - if it's a domestic route (UK or Ireland) then it is the grim and crowded BD domestic business lounge for you. There are no showers there.

As a *G you will have access to the T1 *G lounge which might have showers - perhaps others could advise.

If you are going international with BD then use the BD No 1 Lounge and use the showers there.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:10 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Departing and arriving passengers at Heathrow are segregated, and you're only allowed to enter a terminal you're scheduled to depart from. So, T3 will be out of bounds for you, I'm afraid.

The T1 *A business class lounge does have showers, as does the first class lounge. Strictly speaking, I think you have to be departing on an F flight to get into the F lounge, but as the two are adjacent, it can't hurt to ask. The *A lounges are OK. Functional, not that exciting. The BD number one lounge is more interesting, but if you're on a domestic, you won't get in.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze
These lounge access rules are confusing me despite having spent a couple of hours looking at FlyerTalk and the bmi, United and Star Alliance websites!
I'm going to be arriving in LHR TI on UA in F and connecting to EDI on BD in C. I've been trying to work out what lounges I'll have access to. (I only have Blue Plus status with BD.)

I think the answer is:
*A Arrivals Lounge
Yes
bmi Domestic Lounge
Yes
bmi No.1 Heathrow
No
*A Departures Lounge
?
Can anyone tell me if I'm correct about the first three lounges and what the position is with the *A Departures Lounge. Will I be entitled to access, and if so to the First section of the lounge or just the Business section?
Thanks

Al
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Alvador

Your answers are all correct.

Unfortunately you must be :-:G to access the :-: T1 Departures lounge so your best bet is instead of heading to the departures lounge on arrival, exit into the arrivals area and make you way to the :-: Arrivals lounge where you can shower and have something to eat there.

It means you'll have to head back through security but its usually pretty quick in T1 now, I rarely wait more than 10 minutes these days. You then only have access to the DC lounge from gate 5 in T1 with no showers and only snack food to eat. You'll get something hot on the way to EDI if you depart in the morning though.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:45 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Don't think you must be *G for *Alliance lounge access, unless things have changes recently. I have been in the *Alliance lounge access as a BD*S on a C Class UK domestic Boarding Pass. Showers in there are great (same as they were in the BA days)
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
Don't think you must be *G for *Alliance lounge access, unless things have changes recently. I have been in the *Alliance lounge access as a BD*S on a C Class UK domestic Boarding Pass. Showers in there are great (same as they were in the BA days)
Don't think so, the ladies were even turning away LH Silver and directing them to No.1 plus there's a sign up on the desk stating no access to Silver. I may have misinterpretated it though so happy to be corrected if wrong.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: BA bronze
Thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure whether I'll be allowed into the *A Departures Lounge. If I am, I'll probably go there rather than going landside to the Arrivals Lounge.

BHDBOY, was it your BD*S status or your C Class UK Domestic Boarding Pass that gave you access to that lounge. I'll have the later but not the former.

Is the fact that I'm arriving at LHR on a Star Alliance flight in F relevant to whether I'm entitled to use the *A Departures Lounge before my domestic connecting flight?

Al
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:57 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by bmi goldenboy
Don't think so, the ladies were even turning away LH Silver and directing them to No.1 plus there's a sign up on the desk stating no access to Silver. I may have misinterpretated it though so happy to be corrected if wrong.
I think No1 is the lounge for Miles and More Silver FTLs, when travelling on a Y ticket. My understanding is that the *Alliance lounge is composed of a *Business and *First section and that a *Alliance BP in the respective class is all that is required for entry or if the pax is *G.

Alvador, AFAIK it was my C Class BP which let me in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.