Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western In Scotland using points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question Best Western In Scotland using points

I have never been one to use much Best Western hotels but I notice they have a good many in Scotland, a destination I want to visit. They have them in places like Oban, Arran as well as the larger cities like Glasgow,Edinburgh and Dundee.

With as many locations it would allow me to see a great bit of Scotland but there is one hitch, I have No BW Points. I want to ask how hard it is to earn enough points to carry me for a week in Scotland over the next year of stays if I focus mostly on BW (with and without promotions about 10 days a month).

Many of the promotions I read were US, Canada and Carribean promos and I know little about BW overseas so I would appreciate someone please letting me know a little about BW in Scotland and earning the necessary points to stay at properties there.

(I will be supplementing with HI & Marriott for better hotels but BW just has hotels in locations they do not).
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:16 pm

I'm a BW member but don't use them much basically as IHG (HI) is a much better rewards scheme & allows quicker accumulation of points.

BW do have hotels in some of the remote areas in Scotland & IHG tend to be in the more densely populated areas.

There's IHG hotels in & around the main cities: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Perth.

Perhaps an idea to use both BW & IHG for your planned tour ??

I guess it depends what you want to see & where you want to go.

Last edited by joey1963; Oct 22, 2014 at 3:26 pm
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
You used to be awarded 1 point for every 60p rather that $1 in the UK. BW in the UK tend to be more upmarket with country house hotels over here rather than the concrete blocks which can look the same in the US. They have a lot of character but can work out more expensive than other hotel groups.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Tanya934
BW in the UK tend to be more upmarket with country house hotels over here rather than the concrete blocks which can look the same in the US. They have a lot of character but can work out more expensive than other hotel groups.
I agree except the hotel cost bit. In Scotland the IHGs tend to be more expensive in general in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.