Wiki Posts
Search

Best BW point redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Best BW point redemptions

Curious what people here think are some of the best point redemptions.

Anyone got some favorites (great value)?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I think the best redemption value for any hotel/airline is to redeem for hotel stay/flights in the particular program.

Merchandise is never a good "value" since the program has to purchase the items as well. I would never redeem points for that.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
a 8000 BW point redemption would be great. However, the only property I have seen at that level is in Michigan and it is worse than a Motel 6. There are some good redemptions in Europe. However, they are all at 36000 points level where it does not make sense to redeem anymore.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyunbit
a 8000 BW point redemption would be great. However, the only property I have seen at that level is in Michigan and it is worse than a Motel 6.
Where in Michigan is that? I tried searching 100 miles around various cities in Michigan on the BW site, and all that I found that was 8000 was actually in Goshen IN, and actually has above-average reviews.

In my opinion, the best redemption value would be a hotel which is availble for a reasonable number of points at normal times, if you snag at the same rate during a special event time which raises the cash rates much higher than normal.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kyunbit
a 8000 BW point redemption would be great. However, the only property I have seen at that level is in Michigan and it is worse than a Motel 6. There are some good redemptions in Europe. However, they are all at 36000 points level where it does not make sense to redeem anymore.
Agreed, same with my fav. property, the Hawthorne Place in Chicago at 32000 points. I keep thinking I should redeem instead of paying but don't see the value.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I think there are plenty of really nice options at 20k, like the Black Oak in Paso Robles. There are others around National Parks and places to hike. Works well for me when the point price is right or there is a good promo going.

I used my free nights (stay 3 get one free) at places like NYC Herald Square, where the rooms are over 400.00.

And I agree that the top hotels are too many points.

But... the new Diner's Card looks like a way to accumulate some points.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Great places to redeem BW points are in the Scandinavian countries and Australia. I earn points in the U.S. and redeem the points in those countries.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Lofoten Islands, Norway are a remote tourist location north of the Arctic Circle for whale watching, birding, cycling and treks with expensive hotels. Best Western has two properties on the Lofotens offering good value at 20,000 points.

http://www.bestwestern.com/reservati...country=norway
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
8,000 hotel rooms is obviously the best value.
12,000 is very fair value and I am more than happy to redeem a BW hotel room at 12,000.
16,000 feels like the limit.
Anything above 20,000 I feel is pretty steep, though you can get much nicer hotels at 20,000+ per night if you are willing to spend the extra points.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
sorry for the bump, but...

When staying at SFO, if rates are high the Grosvenor (old rooms but very good breakfast) at 20,000 is the best value on points of any of the chains offering breakfast. Plus, they'll let you park for $10/day with an overnight stay.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
We stayed at BW 7Seas in San Diego in Apr. It was 12,000 points and very good. Did not include breakfast but did include free shuttle to/from airport and downtown.

Next year thinking of adding a side trip to Phuket after Taipei, for some diving. If so, thinking of redeeming for BW at Karon for 16,000 points. That's probably at the limit.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:38 pm

Zermatt, Switzerland, home of the Matterhorn, has not one but two Best Westerns. They are 32k and 36k each so by no means cheap but during high skiing season rates can be 500-600 Euros as well.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:01 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Moab, UT can be a decent value. Hotels can be $200-$250 in the high season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.