Cant use Gift Card with Intenet Rate

Subscribe
I buy a gift card and then find out to use it with Best Western hotel (Dallas) that I cannot use their lowest on line rate! What a rip off. Maybe there was some T and C I did not read when I got Gift Card -- but this seems very unusual to me.
Quote: I buy a gift card and then find out to use it with Best Western hotel (Dallas) that I cannot use their lowest on line rate!...
You need to use a credit card to book and hold a reservation. You should be able to use the gift card after check-in.
I had the same problem. I found a prepaid rate and no place to enter a gift card or certificate email code.

With Hilton they charge the card right away and I am assuming BW is the same way. And being an internet rate I doubt the reservation line can help you out.

I signed up for 5-$100 gift cards for the WN 1 credit each promo and they still ahven't posted in my SW account yet and I signed up as soon as the promo came out.
Quote: ...With Hilton they charge the card right away and I am assuming BW is the same way...
Your assumption is wrong.
Quote: Your assumption is wrong.
Not according to the rate rules:

Internet Only Rate (Book on bestwestern.com and save 5% or more. Available to all travelers. Full payment required at time of booking. May cancel or change up to 7 days prior to arrival. Taxes may apply. A credit card is required at check-in)

It is nice though you can cancel up to 7 days prior.
It really depends on the hotel. Some hotels will charge a pre-paid stay immediately upon reservation, some will wait until a week or so before the actual reservation date, and some won't pre-charge your credit card at all. Your best bet is to call the hotels you plan to book and see how they do it. Or just book one night at the internet rate and see when your credit card is charged (if at all).
So, how do you use the BW gift cards with internet rates? Book with a cc on the BW site, then use the gift card at check-out?
I had no problem booking the internet only rate and using my GCs.
Also I bought my cards right when the promo came out and my bonus RRs posted a couple weeks ago.