Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
I noticed that Avis is now saying the Luxury car at FLL is a Cadillac CTS or similar. I am wondering if this is true and that the other similar cars are.

I currently have a reservation for a full size with an upgrade coupon to a premium, but might be persuaded to pay for a CTS if I could be assured it. I would be very angry if my premium upgrade was a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

Do any frequent FLL members have suggestions (I am plain Jane preferred)?
Old May 21, 2010, 10:32 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I think it has been this way for a while. A luxury car in FLL is typically a Lincoln Town Car or a CTS. For most, I'm sure the CTS is preferable.

The last time I rented a Luxury in FLL, they assigned me a Town Car. I am also plain preferred. I was too lazy to go to the counter and have them switch it, and the Town Car had like 250 miles on it, so I kept it.

You can't really be assured of a CTS, but you can certainly ask. YMMV.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:46 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

More regularly, I've seen the CTS as the best car on the lot in many locations. Here and there an STS or Infinity G is found, but it's definitely not typical, which is infortunate.

Originally Posted by baseline
For most, I'm sure the CTS is preferable.
Unless you have a small army that you wanna store in the trunk
Old May 22, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Both ATL and DCA are now carrying the 2010 Ford Taurus (in the case of ATL, it is the Taurus Limited, which is a bit more loaded, such as the backup camera). I will be picking up a Taurus at MGM today, and have been told it is a new one, I will report back on that soon.

ATL and LAX carry the Infiniti G37, and I believe both classify it as a luxury car, AFAIK, however since I am Chairman's Club, I can't be sure, since I always get the best car on the lot.

I saw Buick LaCrosse on the list, is that the 2009 or the 2010? Has anyone seen the 2010 Buick LaCrosse anywhere?
Old May 23, 2010, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
Both ATL and DCA are now carrying the 2010 Ford Taurus (in the case of ATL, it is the Taurus Limited, which is a bit more loaded, such as the backup camera). I will be picking up a Taurus at MGM today, and have been told it is a new one, I will report back on that soon.
If you find out what class it's in, please let me know. You can pull up your receipt online & it'll show you what class it is.

ATL and LAX carry the Infiniti G37, and I believe both classify it as a luxury car, AFAIK, however since I am Chairman's Club, I can't be sure, since I always get the best car on the lot.
I had the G37x from ATL last week... what a car! However, my profile receipt shows that I got a Caddi SRX, which shows as XE. Oddly enough, 4 of my last 5 rentals (MKS, MKZ, CTS and the G from either DTW or ATL) show up as SRX online. Too bad I didn't really get an SRX, as I'd like to try one of those. I guess we'll have to wait to get a confirmed classification on the G.

I saw Buick LaCrosse on the list, is that the 2009 or the 2010? Has anyone seen the 2010 Buick LaCrosse anywhere?
I haven't seen any of the new ones, unfortunately.

Sometime soon I'll go through the master list and delete old cars since there are a bunch of no-longer-produced ones on that list that should be dropped off.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; May 23, 2010 at 9:53 am
Old May 23, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
If you find out what class it's in, please let me know. You can pull up your receipt online & it'll show you what class it is.
Because I am Chairman's Club, the only car class that shows on my receipts is C - midsize or intermediate, since as a Chairman's member, it is only required to reserve mid-size to qualify for the upgrade to best available, or my choice on the lot.

However, I called the Chairman's line and asked, and was told that the 2010 Taurus is still car class E, full size.

I picked up my car in MGM last night, Saturday, May 22, and it was a Taurus SEL, not the Taurus Limited, and it had only 2,190 miles on it, still having the "new car smell."
Old May 24, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis First
Just got a Matrix at YXU appears to be a "C" which breaks my upgrade string as Avis First. Real low end, does not even have cruise control.
Old May 28, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Because I am Chairman's Club, the only car class that shows on my receipts is C - midsize or intermediate, since as a Chairman's member, it is only required to reserve mid-size to qualify for the upgrade to best available, or my choice on the lot.
If you have them auto-email you receipts, if you look on the email e-receipt or click on the PDF receipt that they send you, it'll say "Class Class Rented" and "Car Class Charged". There it'll tell you exactly what class you paid for, versus what you received.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:05 am

Hmm... just modified a res at MCO this weekend to a midsize SUV (they had a deal on them), and see that the Pontiac Vibe is listed as one here (but I would barely consider it a midsize car, let alone an SUV). Does anyone know which midsize SUVs are common at MCO?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Hmm... just modified a res at MCO this weekend to a midsize SUV (they had a deal on them), and see that the Pontiac Vibe is listed as one here (but I would barely consider it a midsize car, let alone an SUV). Does anyone know which midsize SUVs are common at MCO?
Ironically, MCO is where I got the Vibe as a 'midsize SUV' and tried to complain but they told me that's all that was available. I haven't been to MCO in probably a year, so I can't make any comments on their current mid-size SUVs. The good news is that it was about 2 years ago when I had the Vibe issue there, so hopefully they're gone by now.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Ironically, MCO is where I got the Vibe as a 'midsize SUV' and tried to complain but they told me that's all that was available. I haven't been to MCO in probably a year, so I can't make any comments on their current mid-size SUVs. The good news is that it was about 2 years ago when I had the Vibe issue there, so hopefully they're gone by now.
Hmm, that stinks. Hopefully they have something better by now. Maybe I'll be able to downgrade to a full-size car.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:17 pm

"On April 27, 2009, GM announced the discontinuation of Vibe production, as well as all other Pontiac models, by the end of 2010. It was later announced that Vibe production would end in August 2009, and the last Vibe left the assembly line on August 17, 2009."

I do not think that anyone would have to worry about getting another Vibe almost anywhere in the Avis system, at least not at any major airport location, since I doubt they are still on the lots anywhere, after not being produced for 10 months. Has anyone actually received a Vibe since February?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:15 am

"On April 27, 2009, GM announced the discontinuation of Vibe production, as well as all other Pontiac models, by the end of 2010. It was later announced that Vibe production would end in August 2009, and the last Vibe left the assembly line on August 17, 2009."

I do not think that anyone would have to worry about getting another Vibe almost anywhere in the Avis system, at least not at any major airport location, since I doubt they are still on the lots anywhere, after not being produced for 10 months. Has anyone actually received a Vibe since February?
Hmm? AFAIK, rental car companies keep their cars between 12-24 months, depending on the company and the car. That would make it until early 2011 when there would be a decent amount of Vibes out there (assuming Avis still buys them).

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the last ones off the line went to fleets, as they are the final Pontiacs and selling them to fleet customers would get rid of them faster, allowing a quicker closing of dealerships.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Hmm? AFAIK, rental car companies keep their cars between 12-24 months, depending on the company and the car. That would make it until early 2011 when there would be a decent amount of Vibes out there (assuming Avis still buys them).

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the last ones off the line went to fleets, as they are the final Pontiacs and selling them to fleet customers would get rid of them faster, allowing a quicker closing of dealerships.
I rent a lot of cars from Avis, and visit a lot of Avis locations, and I can't recall seeing any Vibes for at least 4 months.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:22 am

Avis now offering the Cadillac SRX as a reservable model, I have one in Boise next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.