$25 Coupon Just Because?

Old May 26, 2014, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

$25 Coupon Just Because?

I dropped off a car at an airport the other day. When the receipt printed, it seemed a bit longer than the usual size. Then the guy said here is a $25 coupon for your next rental. I said "because?" He said "Just because"

I wonder if the system is randomly awarding customers or somehow he pushed the wrong button and it printed out the coupon? Has anyone encountered it?

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it require entering a coupon code? If so, it's a common useless coupon, given to you to trick you into spending more money and earning less. That's because you can only enter one coupon per rental, and so using a $25 coupon precludes you from using a bonus miles/points coupon or any other savings coupon on the same rental.

I get a variety of such coupons as emails from Avis all the time. But since all of them require the use of a coupon code, they're useless to me (since I would always use another coupon anyway), and they're never really great savings.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by username
Has anyone encountered it?
Yup. I've received it for long check-in times and when the car had annoying mechanical issues that required me to swap the car.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does it require entering a coupon code? If so, it's a common useless coupon, given to you to trick you into spending more money and earning less. That's because you can only enter one coupon per rental, and so using a $25 coupon precludes you from using a bonus miles/points coupon or any other savings coupon on the same rental.

I get a variety of such coupons as emails from Avis all the time. But since all of them require the use of a coupon code, they're useless to me (since I would always use another coupon anyway), and they're never really great savings.
Yeah, it requires a coupon code, but these are great for short, mid-week rentals. It's rare one can find a coupon that gives the same benefit as $25 off of a 1-day rental that doesn't have a Saturday stay.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My coupon was received without any complaints or problems

These coupons actually work well for me. I have pretty good AWDs I can use without coupons and the $25 is deducted before all the taxes so the savings are like $30 or more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.