Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:18 am

A few recent rentals at CMH.

Reserved: Intermediate
Received: Chrysler 300M (Premium) w/7k miles.

Received: Ford Taurus LTD (Premium) w/7k miles. Sirius still active

Received: Ford Expedition 4WD (Full Size SUV) w/16k miles.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Reserved: Full Size
Received: White Lincoln Town Car - what a wonderful upgrade if I was 70 years old and wore knee-socks to play golf
Requested: see story below...

I go into the Preferred booth...two bored looking agents completely disinterested in anything and everything. The one agent that looked awake told me to take anything from Row L or M. I go outside and see all kinds of nice cars - a Benz, BMW, Infiniti, Volvos, etc. None of the doors were unlocked so I went back and asked why and was greeted with (caps to emphasize the yelling) "I TOLD YOU TO TAKE FROM ROW L OR M BUT NOT ON THE RIGHT SIDE!". Sheesh.

I go back out and find the correct L/M, the exchange area - nothing but garbage - a bunch of Crown Victoria things, one old Malibu, one Chrysler 200 and a couple SUVs. I catch a manager walking around and asked nicely if I could get a Prius as my exchange - he scoffed like I had asked for a Bentley. I asked if I could get something more economical than my Lincoln Town Car - he said sure, and would be back shortly - and pulled up in a dirty, dingy Toyota Corolla! When I said I had reserved a Full Size car and should be upgraded, and suggested the Corolla should be re-priced as an economy car, he said the Corolla was "my choice" and there would be no rate change. At this point I was ready to hit him upside the head and even my amateur traveling SO knew he was being a jerk on purpose with the Corolla.

We finally decided to take a Chrysler 200 parked in the Exchange area, then switched to a Sonata they pulled up - 17,000 miles, drives like a beaten up piece of crap, no Sirius, vomit or poop stains on the back carpet.

Not only will I not rent from the LAX station again, I'm seriously questioning if I should ever rent from Avis again.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Wow,

Makes my Kia Sorento a few days ago seem like a prize from LAX.

Of course, I wasn't offered a Town Car. Best I was offered was a Crown Vic. I might have taken the luxury version of it.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Received: White Lincoln Town Car - what a wonderful upgrade if I was 70 years old and wore knee-socks to play golf

I go into the Preferred booth...two bored looking agents completely disinterested in anything and everything. The one agent that looked awake told me to take anything from Row L or M. I go outside and see all kinds of nice cars - a Benz, BMW, Infiniti, Volvos, etc. None of the doors were unlocked so I went back and asked why and was greeted with (caps to emphasize the yelling) "I TOLD YOU TO TAKE FROM ROW L OR M BUT NOT ON THE RIGHT SIDE!". Sheesh.

I go back out and find the correct L/M, the exchange area - nothing but garbage - a bunch of Crown Victoria things, one old Malibu, one Chrysler 200 and a couple SUVs. I catch a manager walking around and asked nicely if I could get a Prius as my exchange - he scoffed like I had asked for a Bentley. I asked if I could get something more economical than my Lincoln Town Car - he said sure, and would be back shortly - and pulled up in a dirty, dingy Toyota Corolla! When I said I had reserved a Full Size car and should be upgraded, and suggested the Corolla should be re-priced as an economy car, he said the Corolla was "my choice" and there would be no rate change. At this point I was ready to hit him upside the head and even my amateur traveling SO knew he was being a jerk on purpose with the Corolla.

We finally decided to take a Chrysler 200 parked in the Exchange area, then switched to a Sonata they pulled up - 17,000 miles, drives like a beaten up piece of crap, no Sirius, vomit or poop stains on the back carpet.

Not only will I not rent from the LAX station again, I'm seriously questioning if I should ever rent from Avis again.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Thumbs down

Finest example of Avis' failed Select & Go concept for President's Club members. I've been avoiding any Avis Select & Go locations, thousands of revenues down the drain for them.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:59 am

They didn't snort and send you to the paid upgrade area?
Surprisingly I had no issue getting an Infiniti after renting a Full Size. Though this time I just went right for the Infiniti rather than trying to get a BMW out of their tight grip.

If anything is apparent from this thread PC/CC members should set their expectations low at the LAX station.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nova08
Surprisingly I had no issue getting an Infiniti after renting a Full Size. Though this time I just went right for the Infiniti rather than trying to get a BMW out of their tight grip.

If anything is apparent from this thread PC/CC members should set their expectations low at the LAX station.
How were you able to get the Infiniti? Ask in the booth or some of the nicer cars were unlocked?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AC Elite, BW Plat, HIEX Diam, Avis First
Reserved: Economy
Received: Ford Mustang
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG RA, SPG Plat, United 1K, Avis Chairman
Received: Cadillac CTS loaded
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Loc: DFW
Reserved: intermediate
Received: Subaru Outback, 13K miles and in good shape. I'd never seen any Outbacks on an Avis lot before.

The selection of cars at the Pick n Go or whatever it's called was pretty dismal. Dreary Impalas, Chrysler 200s, generic SUVs etc. so I stuck with what I was given. I do like getting an email by the time my flight lands telling me where the car is and what kind it is.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Loc: DFW
Reserved: intermediate
Received: Subaru Outback, 13K miles and in good shape. I'd never seen any Outbacks on an Avis lot before.

The selection of cars at the Pick n Go or whatever it's called was pretty dismal. Dreary Impalas, Chrysler 200s, generic SUVs etc. so I stuck with what I was given. I do like getting an email by the time my flight lands telling me where the car is and what kind it is.
In general I haven't seen too many Subarus in Avis' fleet. I actually like Hertz's notification via text message better. They text me so I get notified right away instead of go into my email account go to through dozens of emails.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by sanctified50
9/2
Avis CC
RDU
Booked Fullsize
Received Chrysler 300

9/9
RDU
Booked Fullsize
Received Infiniti G37
Hmm, RDU seems rather skimpy on the upgrades, especially with that Chrysler 300. Essentially just a 1-class upgrade!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Hmm, RDU seems rather skimpy on the upgrades, especially with that Chrysler 300. Essentially just a 1-class upgrade!
I'd seen that as AF and PC. As a CHM, they have been much better, though.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:17 pm

October 6, 2012 around 8:30AM

PHL
President's Club
Booked: Full Size
Received: GMC Terrain
Exchanged: Infiniti G37x

Service was quite nice, a new manager came out and greeted me, everyone was friendly. Looks like they had a management overhaul.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:58 pm

Sept 30 - DCA

Avis First
Reserved Intermediate
Received Intermediate - Toyota Corolla

Between the "wonderful" experiences received at DCA between Avis and Budget, I am seriously looking at a new rental company.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
As a Hertz Platinum, RDU also has been pretty lame when it comes to upgrades. At least Avis and Hertz are consistent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.