Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:52 am

Class reserved: Full with coupon for premium
Car requested: VW CC or BMW 328i xDrive
Car received: Mini Cooper S Countryman All4 with 139 miles.

Not an upgrade at all but it has been a great rental so far. The AWD has come in handy on some muddy back roads. I've never seen the S version with AWD before in the Avis fleet only the 1.6 with FWD. The Select and Go aisle had a ton of cars but mostly Fortes and Focuses and a really loaded Titanium Escape with HIDs and blind spot monitoring (which I've never seen on a Avis Escape). The only premium cars available were the Taurus and 300... No thanks. My request for the 328i was almost honored but he went to the car to pull itand found a flat tire... The only other 328 they had was reserved.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
List your upgrades!

I'm Presidents Club and reserved a Group W at MCO for a few days in May.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I could be upgraded to?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by squashgw

You probably won't be upgraded to anything to be honest. You're already booking a high class.

There's a chance you might get a Premium SUV... In my opinion, they're just larger. I prefer the Standard SUV's anyway.
Premium SUV's are Suburbans, Chevy Tahoe XL, etc.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
List your upgrades!

What's a standard these days?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Class Reserved: Full
Car Received: Ford Taurus Limited with missing NAV SD card...

It was a one way rental to TLH so understand the lack of a better upgrade, the car had an engine light come on half way on the drive up, a night later it started to idle roughly, following morning the change engine oil message came up. Took it over to TLH...

Ended up with : Ford Fusion Hybird Titanium .

Worked out good on the swap, though not much of an upgrade but better then the base Charger I was initially offered.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by squashgw

Originally Posted by bkafrick
You probably won't be upgraded to anything to be honest. You're already booking a high class.

There's a chance you might get a Premium SUV... In my opinion, they're just larger. I prefer the Standard SUV's anyway.
Premium SUV's are Suburbans, Chevy Tahoe XL, etc.
We just got back from MCO in March. We had reserved a full-size, as President's Club, and were offered both a Chevy Tahoe and Lincoln Navigator. We took the Navigator, but returned it after 10 days (it was a 5-week rental) because it was too thirsty and we didn't need the size.

They swapped us to a new (5 miles) BMW 528i.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Wings900-Michael
Worked out good on the swap, though not much of an upgrade but better then the base Charger I was initially offered.

Suppose its a matter of opinion, but the Taurus Limited, and Fusion Titanium are two of the best cars in their classes. The base Charger is crap compared to those.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:57 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Class Reserved: Full
Car Received: Lincoln MKZ 3.7

I was traveling with family and sort of didn't feel like haggling -- and I hadn't driven an MKZ yet. So I took it. It was fine, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. I think I'll exchange Lincolns in the future. I haven't liked any of them yet, and I think it's just a market thing -- I'm not the target customer for this brand.

(Why didn't I like it? Various things -- low headroom for my long torso, jerky acceleration/braking, insanely confusing audio system, silly push-button gearshift, rather numb feel in general on the road. It's a very very smooth highway cruiser, but feels about 20 years too old for me across the board.)
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:42 pm

Class reserved: Intermediate
Car requested: '14 Camaro Convertible with RS Package
Car received: Same

I noticed that Avis recently took delivery of a bunch of Camaro Convertibles so I requested one. They're very nicely optioned; 2LT with RS.

I still prefer the Mustang, but it's not too bad. Especially with the top down for a gorgeous weekend.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
Class reserved: Intermediate
Car received: Medium SUV
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Eurobonus Basic
Maybe an upgrade

Class reserved: Large
Car received: Kia Sorento

Actually thought I would get a W class car (for instance Ford Explorer), but the Sorento was fine. Swapped it in SFO because of a supposedly flat tire, which I didn't wanna risk driving back to LA with, and then I got a Ford Explorer in stead. Very nice drive on Highway 1 down the coast
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Simon Falk
Actually thought I would get a W class car (for instance Ford Explorer),
Explorer is a S class car.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:26 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Simon Falk
Class reserved: Large
Car received: Kia Sorento
"Large"? As in Large Car ("Full-Size"), Large SUV ("Full-Size SUV"), other?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Class reserved: Compact
Car received: Toyota Corolla
Comments: I believe I got a one car upgrade.

Class reserved: Full Size
Car received: Lincoln MKX
Comments: While it did have 25k on it, Microsoft Sync is awesome when paired with an iPhone. Mainly because I could control Pandora through the car audio system.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:42 pm

Class reserved: Full
Car requested: None
Car received: Ford Explorer XLT with 22k.

I was assigned a Fusion, but even though it's a great car, I'm very bored with them now. The Explorer was just perfect for an 8 hour day in the car. Very comfortable, maybe the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. Quiet as well. I'd even choose this over a 5 series if you're with a few people and luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.