Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Elite Levels?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:20 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by USirritated
As I mentioned in an earlier posting (above), call James Tucker at 918-624-4216 and tell him your situation, he is a very helpful and accomodating guy, and if there is a way to retroactively get you set up, James will do it, I am sure of it! Don't tell him that you were sent to him by anyone, just act as if you were calling about AvisFirst because you were confused and that you were transferred to him, I am sure he will take care of the rest. Ask him for permission to call him back in the future if you should have any other issues, and he will give you his number directly, then you will have your own private rez agent. I make most of my reservations with him directly. ^
Will do - thanks!

CLG
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][COLOR="Blue"] Oh, and for those who don't have the AvisFirst website URL, here it is.......

https://www.ccrgservices.com/web/AvisFirst/
Well, the real link to AVIS First is http://www.avisfirst.com. For now it re-directs to the URL above, but it might not do it in the future.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 2:57 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by CLG
Will do - thanks!

CLG
Ha! So I called James' phone today, and found out that he is enjoying a lovely, lengthy summer vacation. He'll be back in the office August 6th!

Should I take my chances with another agent, or wait for James to return?

CLG
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Oh, and for those who don't have the AvisFirst website URL, here it is.......

https://www.ccrgservices.com/web/AvisFirst/
Originally Posted by heffa
Well, the real link to AVIS First is http://www.avisfirst.com. For now it re-directs to the URL above, but it might not do it in the future.
You would think that it would not re-direct you there now, but it does. My guess is that "ccrgservices" refers to CENDANT CAR RENTAL GROUP SERVICES the parent of Avis Budget Group
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CLG
Will do - thanks!

CLG
Originally Posted by CLG
Ha! So I called James' phone today, and found out that he is enjoying a lovely, lengthy summer vacation. He'll be back in the office August 6th!

Should I take my chances with another agent, or wait for James to return?

CLG
If you call customer service at 800-352-7900 and you find someone good who can help you, then great, ask them if they have a direct line, and then you have a keeper, and if they don't have a direct line, then call James after he gets back in early August. Either way, you have options.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
Yes, I think that is correct.

They have sub-tiers on their computers for Preferred Select status.
Does anyone know how the elite levels differ b/W Europe and the US? Did the new FIRST program make it to Europe? When I check out the various european websites (for example austria: http://www.avis.at/avisonline/at-gb/...A020033CB96_N3). I don't see any mention of higher tiers...perhaps, it is similar to Hertz? According to oliver2002: "You don't earn any points with Hertz in Europe. It all goes to the FFP you choose." (can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=hertz+europe).

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CO PE, US CP
You would think that it would not re-direct you there now, but it does. My guess is that "ccrgservices" refers to CENDANT CAR RENTAL GROUP SERVICES the parent of Avis Budget Group
Cendant is no more and its been that way since last year. However you'll find somebody IT functions from Cendant are still being phased out, migrated, etc. Its now just, Avis Budget Group.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CO PE, US CP
Originally Posted by jetwet1
I am Avis First, honestly 99% of my rentals are done at the same location (60-70 per year) and I get treated very very well by the people that run the place.

However one thing I did notice was that miles stopped posting to my FF account after about 50 rentals.

Is there a limit on the number of rentals that can earn miles?

Avis First number:1-800-331-1200
I typically have 100+ rentals a year from Avis and have never had an issue with miles posting, regardless of what number rental I am on.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by iflyus
Cendant is no more and its been that way since last year. However you'll find somebody IT functions from Cendant are still being phased out, migrated, etc. Its now just, Avis Budget Group.
You are correct, I should have said "the former parent of Avis Budget Group."

Cendant owned the rental brands of Avis and Budget, holding these properties in the CCRG (Cendant Car Rental Group). Avis and Budget operate a shared fleet of cars, and have the same "back end" system, but operate at different locations, offer different service levels, and have somewhat different pricing. After the Cendant name was dissolved, the car rental segment became known as Avis Budget Group and currently trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol: CAR.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
AVIS Prisident's Club offer was just sent to me on Monday, as a new benefit.
Thanks for posting this. I did not receive an invitation and am not even a FFer with CO but I did get the President's Club status through 03/09 just by registering a new account
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
For years I've had the small business version of Avis Preferred. Thus, I get:

1) a free day per 15 rental days and
2) the avoid the lines, go right to car deal (by far this is most important to me).

What else is there to get with car rental status? The idea of an upgrade seems a bit silly to me, as I really don't care if the car is an Aveo or an Impala.

Is there some other benefit to top-tier status at these companies that I don't know about?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
If you don't care about a nicer car (convertible, cadillac, what have you) then status isn't nearly as important.

But as a CHM I also get a ride back to the airport in the vehicle (so I don't have to transfer luggage to the bus), I get charged the prevailing price for gas - and sometimes less - so I don't have to spend time filling up the tank (and this isn't the 'gas option' .. this is the prevailing price for however much I need). They'll deliver a car to me. If something goes wrong with a car, they'll travel as far as necessary to swap me into a new one. I've even been faced with a location that wasn't open when I arrived, and a quick phone call had the regional manager handling it within minutes.

So, yes, status does matter to me with Avis.

And I, too, get the Corporate Awards free rental day every 15 in addition to the iTunes and my 1000 Virgin miles per rental. Alas, as a CHM I don't get the AvisFirst free rentals.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Thanks for posting this. I did not receive an invitation and am not even a FFer with CO but I did get the President's Club status through 03/09 just by registering a new account
Does anyone know what the criteria are, or how to get President's Club, without being an Amex Centurion Card Member or a CO President's Club Member? I really like the sounds of a couple of these benefits, even if it is just for one month or two months!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know what the criteria are, or how to get President's Club, without being an Amex Centurion Card Member or a CO President's Club Member? I really like the sounds of a couple of these benefits, even if it is just for one month or two months!
I am not a CO member or Amex Centurion Card Member and the link worked fine for me
Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
I am not a CO member or Amex Centurion Card Member and the link worked fine for me
I am sorry if I am being ignorant, but which link? It made you a member of the Avis President's Club? I am already a member of AvisFirst, what link can I use to become a member of Avis President's Club?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.