Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Exec., Delta Silver
Originally Posted by edgeside
Hello all,
So I tried A153710 last night after a flight delay and they required a letter from Avis for the employee discount... Not such a good thing as I'm not an employe. So I got the regular rate. The manager said I had to have a letter from the manager at my branch signed off.

"Welcome to Flyertalk!"

I'm not surprised you were denied. A word of advise: Take the time to read throught the information provided on this website.

Again, "Welcome to Flyertalk!"
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:55 pm

Just wondering if anyone knew of any weekend coupons that worked for luxury cars.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Is A074800 C&D or citicorp? both of the above show the same AWD
A074800: What is this code?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bowlernme
... When she returned, she proceeded to print out the contract and gave it to me to sign. Well, upon checking it over, she had changed the contract to the rack rate!

When I questioned her about the change, she said that I was not able to use that discount code and she is required to use the rack rate. I nearly went off as I hava several business afffilations that could have produced a lower rate vs. a rack rate - She could have been more professional and told me up front about my inability to use this code vs. trying to get me to sign a changed contract without informing me first hand.

That's why I always have a back up reservation, just in case something like this were to happen - Over to Hertz I went at about $7 a day more than my original reservation with Avis.
This should always be everyone's number 1 rule! Whether you're trying to use a code that you're not really eligible for or not, there's nothing more valuable than walking into a rental office with the advantage of having a backup at another company. The first time you're in a situation like the one above where they try to screw you, nothing feels better than telling them to shove their rack rate and their car up their a$$ as you walk out the door. (and nothing feels worse than being at their mercy and being forced to pay whatever they want because everyone else is sold out)
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:58 am

A153710

this code seems to work pretty well for a good discount with avis. dropped from 215 to 150 for 5 day rental in philly
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Exec., Delta Silver
this code seems to work pretty well for a good discount with avis. dropped from 215 to 150 for 5 day rental in philly
Welcome to Flyertalk.

As a new member, I would advise you to have a back-up reservation.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You better Google that code.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by jonk
hi all--

just a bump to see if anyone knows where N711304 is from (google/forum search turns out nothing). it gets me a good deal on a 1 wk + 1 day rental in madrid next month.

thanks!

jon

------ edit: ------
if this helps: all rates on the car selection screen show up as "Contract Rate" *and* it includes

Collision Damage Waiver ( Included ) --
Personal Accident Insurance ( Included ) --
Liability Insurance ( Included ) --
Theft Protection ( Included ) --

the total price comes out to less than half the non-discounted rate. this probably is too good to be true, huh. :| maybe i should just stick with netjets? i'm thinking that even if they rent me the car, if something should happen, i don't want to run into trouble with the insurance if i really don't qualify for this rate.
bumping this again... I am a newbie here and I am hesitant to use A153710 after reading through this thread. I actually get a better quote using N711304. My rental is Barcelona to Madrid over 8 days. Any suggestions?

Cheers!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Does anyone know G930700?

A friend referred me to this code, but he is not aware as to who it belongs to.
Can anybody tell me if it is safe to use?
It drops the rate from 200$ to 142$ for a 4 day rental.
I have checked Google and have not found anything.
It seems to have a very good rate for almost any city.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:03 am
Original Poster

"G" Codes

Originally Posted by spsawant
It may be a fairly new issued code. When a company gets to a higher status with Avis, they get assigned to a different service group, and a new "G" code. I've been using an "L" code for years, and about 2 years ago it got changed to G417900 . I use this all the time for consistently good rates, free LDW, and never and ID hassle.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by spsawant
This does seem to be a great code. Has anyone successfully used it or found out any more about it? It got another 30% or so off the prices that my other favourite codes got me... ie the saving is large enough that it's making me anxious that I shouldn't use it!
Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mad_atta
This does seem to be a great code. Has anyone successfully used it or found out any more about it? It got another 30% or so off the prices that my other favourite codes got me... ie the saving is large enough that it's making me anxious that I shouldn't use it!
I assume you mean G930700? I don't know where it comes from. But for my Dec/Jan trip to Hawaii A074800 & B999000 worked much better.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 21, 2008 at 5:43 pm
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by shuly
K444404

This code worked for me yesterday in a European airport station. No questions asked.

Shuly
Again, the same experience here for a rental in Italy with 40% discount. No ID. Bliss...

Now looking for a nice and safe discount code for a rental in LAS in two weeks for a fancy Mustang or Corvette. Anyone with a hint ? City or airport station to be preferred ?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
a 30 second google search turned this up.....

http://www.kellsport.com/kellwoodtravel.html

Corporate has negotiated extremely good rates for our 2008 auto rental program.

* Increased discounts for domestic and international rentals

*Automatic Avis Preferred service when you enroll

*Free upgrade and discount coupons available anytime. (print from web-site)

*Does not require the use of corporate travel agent or corporate I.D.

*Includes free LDW ($3k max cap) (see notes)

* Please use our new AWD # G417900. The old "L" # is no longer valid.

Click here for Avis G417900 Reservation link

Recommendation on Automobile Rental Insurance

Travelers are responsible for securing their own rental insurance. This program provides free LDW with a $3k cap. That means that in the worst case scenario, you can only be held responsible for up to $3k worth of damage. Normal credit card Car Rental and Loss Damage Insurance (CRLDI), or your own insurer should easily cover this small amount. Our travel department still recommends the Amex Premium Car Rental Protection (PCRP). This gives you primary coverage for only $19.95 per rental (not per day). Our travel department believes this is a tremendous value and should be considered by all our travelers. The cost of this Amex coverage is allowed in your travel expenses. See the link for Amex coverage information. AMEX Auto Insurance

Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:31 pm

D005150

Just a quick note for those who have been compiling the lists of what code belongs to what, D005150 is NOT specifically the National Charter Schools Conference. I've been tracking the code off and on for the past 18 months and still believe that it is a generic event code that is somehow tied to events that have a negotiated group airfare discount available from American Airlines. It seems like a year ago or so that I actually read an event web page that said something along the lines of "and American airlines is passing along their great Avis discounts for event attendees etc." I keep checking back in here hoping that someone can confirm what it really is but have yet to see that. Sometimes it gives such good rates that it scares me a bit. Here are some of the events that I'm finding at this moment that it has been affiliated with just so people know that National Charter Schools isn't the sole answer.

Americas Conference®
New Leadership—New Focus:Good Governance and Economic Development in the Hemisphere Oct 1-3, 2008 Miami.

2007 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting
“Innovations in Medical Education:Achieving Your Potential”
March 7-10, 2007 Salt Lake City
That brochure apparently confirms that this code is tied to events and American Airlines. "American Airlines customers may take advantage of the best possible car rental rates available with AVIS. Reservations can be made by calling AVIS directly at toll-free (888) 754-8878 or online at www.avis.com, referencing AWD #D005150."

DatBoiEntertainment Ultimate Spring Fling 2009
Las Vegas, April 10-13 2009.
"contact Avis at (888) 754-8878 and use our Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number D005150 or reserve online ..."
Oh, great, that last one is probably going to get me in trouble if the sys admin here at work ever checks the internet log. Guess I'd better quit on this search while I'm only so far behind.

Anyway, I guess that's enough to give the picture that the code is event driven with no common thread for the type of event. Not sure how long it's kept active in any particular market before or after an event. I've seen in some event materials that it's valid a week before and a week after the event. However, I've used it well outside an event window, though I can't say at all if there was maybe another event in the area at that moment of my booking that had the code active.

When I first found it I remember that one event was "Brad and Tammy's wedding" and another was some kind of vodoo-ish dance and music festival somewhere in the Caribbean and I got the sense that it was probably a clothing optional kind of thing.

Also a lot of scientific and business conferences get the code too. (E.G. Fifth International Symposium on Beamed Energy Propulsion (ISBEP 5) Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort, Hawaii, November 12 - 15, 2007)
Gee, that one sounds like fun even if they didn't hold it in Hawaii. Does this entail using a phaser to power your starship instead of using it to blow up Klingons? Can't believe I missed ISBEP 1 through 4 too.

This code recently reduced a 3 day Denver rental for a mid-size over the weekend from $183 to $118 before coupon application.

Last edited by spuck20; Oct 27, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.