Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Can this code be used at any location? I'm looking to rent in FLL for a week starting tomorrow and would love to find a working discount code. Thanks.
I use it in FLL regularly. Never a problem
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Roger
From an earlier post:

D005927 National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
This code is giving me about 40 pounds ($80) off a one day UK rental.

Has ayone had problems or been asked for ID?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by bob1008
I also still find the "L" code to be the most consistantly best value with no hassle to use. It may not be the absolute lowest price in every case, but it's so consistant I don't need to waste time checking different codes. It does belong to Kellwood and there is no I.D. required. I use it every week.

I tried to use this code yesterday and got a popup - this is not a valid code
Old Feb 5, 2007, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jan_az
I tried to use this code yesterday and got a popup - this is not a valid code
Jan,
What airport? I'd like to try it. I've never got that error with L093590.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: Continental, American Airlines, Alitalia, Iberia, Jetblue,Starwood Gold,Hilton Honors
Question International AWD Code Needed

Hi
Im trying to rent from Avis in Spain for 3/31 to 4/12
does anyone have a AWD code that will work Internationally?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by bob1008
I also still find the "L" code to be the most consistantly best value with no hassle to use. It may not be the absolute lowest price in every case, but it's so consistant I don't need to waste time checking different codes. It does belong to Kellwood and there is no I.D. required. I use it every week.
Thanks for this great AWD code. It gave me a good discount for an upcoming rental in Austin...My question is, have you ever tried using a coupon code in addition to this AWD? There's a coupon on the site currently (MUWA086) for $30 off a weekly rental. Apparently, the coupon isn't applied or reflected in the total until the time of actual rental. I was able to make a reservation using both L093590 and MUWA086, but obviously, the coupon isn't reflected in the total yet. Just want to make sure it won't "red-flag" me at the counter when i show up to get the car...

Any insight wold be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: US Silver
D005927 is no longer working for UK rentals. I've used this code for several years, but today, I get all through the reservation (no pop ups or anything to say its invalid) and it simply fails to complete (see my post on is the avis website broken). Through a process of elimination, I've discovered the code is the problem.

Incidentally, I have used this code many times in the UK and never been asked for verification, so if it works for you, go for it.

Jennifer

Edited to add: I seem to be having the same problem with every code - bah humbug. Yet, I can make a non-discounted booking with no problems. I'll try again tomorrow

Last edited by Jenniferpa; Feb 14, 2007 at 9:55 pm
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by 310trav
Thanks for this great AWD code. It gave me a good discount for an upcoming rental in Austin...My question is, have you ever tried using a coupon code in addition to this AWD? There's a coupon on the site currently (MUWA086) for $30 off a weekly rental. Apparently, the coupon isn't applied or reflected in the total until the time of actual rental. I was able to make a reservation using both L093590 and MUWA086, but obviously, the coupon isn't reflected in the total yet. Just want to make sure it won't "red-flag" me at the counter when i show up to get the car...

Any cupon with "M" in the front means "money off", or a specific dollar amount. With Gas prices as they are now a days, the "G" coupons are more and more popular. "T" stands for time. Just a little inside info that means nothing to this discussion.

If my memory isnt faulting me, MUWA031, 032, 033,034 are paperless dollar off coupons that the res center uses to hook you in case your faltering on the rental estimate. "I can give you 25 dollars off for a week to make it better...../" MUWA034 I think is 35 off 3 weeks.

As a former avis employee, its difficult to discern what each code is and what each coupon is without having access to Wizard, but I will say that pretty much every coupon that starts with a M will work on pretty much any AWD Code. Where it gets tricky is whether they need the coupon or not.

Avis had "paperless coupons" that will show up in the rental without any issues. Those coupons will say "no coupon required" or "discount card, expires". Read the coupon and see if it says "present back to customer" on the back.

Tricky, because the avis rental computer will take your coupon over the computer and make it look like it took the coupon, but really all its doing is

"if paperless, put coupon number in the Coupon field."
"if coupon is required, put note in file saying 'wants to use this coupon' and leaves the coupon field blank."

if its truly a paperless coupon, it will accept it, no issues. discount will be reflected at the end of the rental (all coupons are reflected at the end of the rental, regardless of what the coupon says. When the computer gets a authorization from your coupon, it gets an auth for the amount WITHOUT the coupon, because if you fail to meet the criteria o the coupon like not honoring the saturday night overstay, or didnt return the car at the right location, or some othe rreason, it will kick the coupon out).

IF i were in your situation (and im much more slick about it, because I know the system) I would just go to any avis location, ask them to pull up my reservation and look and ask them to print out a copy of the reservation for my records (anyone can ask that). They would hit print s on the command prompt, sending a print screen of that file to the printer. From there, I could see if the coupon was in the "RMK" line or the "CPN" line. RMK means they need the coupon, CPN means its paperless. (RMK bottom of page, almost last line, starting all the way on the left, CPN top, second or third line of type, far right)

If they require presentation of the coupon, there is a 50/50 chance that you will get questioned on the coupon. Honestly it depends on the location, the person, and how long into the shift the person is. The nicer you are, the more likely they are to take it and just use it with no issues. As a Preferred, you may need or get flagged to go inside to present that coupon, but remember, you can give it to them at the end as well. As long as its less than 24 hours from when you reciept was printed, the agent can apply any coupon to your rental and issue a new reciept. After one day, only the reservation center can do it.

All this work could be avoided if I could read the could see the coupon. its alot to type in, but the wording on the cpn "instructions to rental agent" will be able to tell me exactly about that coupon.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Smile Use the coupons

Originally Posted by 310trav
My question is, have you ever tried using a coupon code in addition to this AWD?
I use coupons all the time with the "L" code. If the coupon is not valid with the code, you get an error message. If it is valid, it shows up on the right side of the confirmation screen inside the box next to "coupon". It never deducts from the total on the confirmation. Use the coupons and don't worry.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:32 am

Programs: US Silver
For future reference, I got D005927 to work on a UK rental again. I think the problem was that, in the past I have always rented intermediate cars with this code (because for the longest time they were coming up only a couple of dollars more than sub-compacts). That seems to have changed, however. Because of this, I was attempting to rent a sub-compact, but that seems to be the problem: this code requires compact or above to work. Incidentally, none of the other current codes gave ANY discount in the UK: the rate stayed the same no matter what.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by coastergirl
J868801 has always given us very good rates at MCO. It's a corp rate I got from the Florida visitor's bureau a few years ago. Available to anyone.

I'm using it again this April.
Thank you very much Coastergirl. This code reduced all other decent code selections by almost $100 for a Thur-Mon Final 4 weekend trip to Atlanta.

Seems almost too good to be true, but I'll take it.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus; Avis; Starwood, Sixt
Thumbs up Great code for France D005927

I travel to Nice 3 times a year for 3 - 5 weeks at a time. I usually use the D086533 USC Marshall School of Business code. I tried D005927. It reduced my 22 day compact rental from $1093 (with D086533) to $746.49.

Last edited by deborah108; Feb 15, 2007 at 2:18 pm Reason: made a mistake
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:18 pm

[QUOTE=ezmonee;7227702]Any cupon with "M" in the front means "money off", or a specific dollar amount. With Gas prices as they are now a days, the "G" coupons are more and more popular. "T" stands for time. Just a little inside info that means nothing to this discussion....

Thanks for the detailed response - and thanks also to bob1008 for confirming what i hoped was true.

That coupon is active on the Avis.com site currently ($30 off weekly rental), and seems to be a "paperless" coupon. You just click on the banner and it automatically inputs the M code in the coupon field. I just added the L code in the AWD code field, which is what actually brought the rate down...

Thanks again!
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:34 pm

Need Help

Hi All
All I can say is WOW! I stumbled upon this forum by chance and for the last couple of hours reading posts in all the different forums and have really been impressed to see such a coterie of smart people.
I think I can explain my dilemna here and I'm sure somebody would definitely be able to help me out. I'm a frequent Flyer to the extent that I go to different places every week (without fail) and come back to San Diego (home base). most of the time I don't care about what I pay for flight or rental car as my company takes care of it. But on personal travel I end up paying a huge amount of money to rent a car. Reason, I' under-25. If I use my company's AWD, it gives me qoutes of almost $50 a day for an intermediate car (but takes away the under-age fee), If I don't use it, I pay underage fee and at some places I'm not even eligible to rent. I tried using A153700 on Avis and it works wonders, my question is that does it waive the underage fee? Also, does anybody know of any other codes which waive the underage fee? I need mmediate help as I'm flying to DFW tmrrw from Nashville and need to rent a car at DFW.
Any help would be highly appreciated

Cheers

SUnny
Old Feb 15, 2007, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by sunnysangwan
If I don't use it, I pay underage fee and at some places I'm not even eligible to rent. I tried using A153700 on Avis and it works wonders, my question is that does it waive the underage fee? Also, does anybody know of any other codes which waive the underage fee? I need mmediate help as I'm flying to DFW tmrrw from Nashville and need to rent a car at DFW.
Any help would be highly appreciated

SUnny

yes, it waives underage fee, but with a catch. That is the EMPLOYEE code. if the location has any skill, you will be asked to show your employee swipe card. A153722 is now used for family of employees, but its use requires an accompanying letter of introduction on company letterhead with the name of the manager writing the letter, the employee relation, and the name of the employee. A153722 does NOT waive underage fee. It also has the phone number (cell) of the manager who wrote the letter and Avis managers almost ALWAYS answer their cell. I was told not answering my cell means that I am not on duty, ergo my company rental car should be turned in as it is for "on duty" use only. so I always answered my phone.

So you can try...but i know people who were banned from renting with avis for getting caught using this. If caught, best case scenario, you need to find a new car on the fly, or pay the walk up rate for underage no reservation, worst, you can never rent with Avis and Budget RAC again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.