Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Anyone have some good codes for SIN?

AA seems to work the best so far, but any coupons that would work for extra miles??
To answer my own question, LH's Miles & More is offering up to 2k miles, if booking from the .de (Avis) website...getting same rates as AA's code, if SEN/HON...
Old Apr 3, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Yeah, it happens. I've found that some of the codes here (Amateur Sports, Farmers Insurance, etc.) are actually better than using a free day coupon. As always, you just have to check each one individually to find the best fit.
So with respect to the possibility of the rate being increased because of a coupon that was accepted online (regardless of the conflicting terms re: rental end date), I suppose I should just remove the coupon from the reservation rather than risk it.

Re: finding a better rate, the rental is out of LAS, and the best rates appear to be thru Delta.com (the source of my reservation). I will keep trying for a better base rate.

Thanks for your input.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
To answer my own question, LH's Miles & More is offering up to 2k miles, if booking from the .de (Avis) website...getting same rates as AA's code, if SEN/HON...
Just an update - when I landed at SIN, Hertz decided to show me their "local" rates, which almost beat the Avis online codes...and then did *better* (10% off), giving a slight edge on the pricing, all-in, resulting in BD miles earned, rather than SPG or M&M....so went with Hertz got a slightly smaller vehicle, but not bad at all!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:17 pm

I know a lot of people have already asked this, but I was wondering if anyone can assure me that the Amateur Sports Assistance Program code actually works? We are going to FL this week and have a decent rate already reserved, but this code is promising almost 50% off the rates.

I don't want to risk losing my other reservation, though, if for some reason I was denied this one because of lack of ID. Would anyone suggest holding onto both reservations just in case?

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Need monthly discount code - FL

I need to rent a car at FLL from April 11 to May 10. I tried searching on the word "monthly" in this thread but no matches were found. Anyone know of an AWD code, maybe even FL specific, for a discounted month-long rental?

Avis is my preferred company but I am open to others.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: HH Silver, Delta Plat, National Eexec, Marriott Plat
Southwest Credit & up to 40% off Avis

Just received this email.

Now until June 30, 2009, you will receive double credit and save up to 40% on a rental of three days or longer. That means, you'll receive one credit per qualifying rental instead of the standard 0.5 credit. This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Avis airport location in the United States.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com, avis.com, or call Avis at 1-800-331-1212. When booking on southwest.com, please enter K024713 in the Corporate/ID Rate field to receive double credit and earn up to 40% off of your rental. Be sure to provide AWD number K024713 and your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation or checkin to receive your credits.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
I need to rent a car at FLL from April 11 to May 10. I tried searching on the word "monthly" in this thread but no matches were found. Anyone know of an AWD code, maybe even FL specific, for a discounted month-long rental?

Avis is my preferred company but I am open to others.

Thanks in advance.
Evan - I plugged in a bunch of my favorite codes for those dates and found that the best one was K817700 (Hyatt code). It's not specific to a monthly rental, but the rates were pretty good.

I also tried a few other companies with various codes and the absolute lowest rates I got were from Alamo using the Walmart code (ID 430710, code BY) but these only beat the Avis rates by about $15-$18 for the whole month.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vinsito
Just received this email.

Now until June 30, 2009, you will receive double credit and save up to 40% on a rental of three days or longer. That means, you'll receive one credit per qualifying rental instead of the standard 0.5 credit. This offer is valid on all car groups at any participating Avis airport location in the United States.

For reservations, book online at southwest.com, avis.com, or call Avis at 1-800-331-1212. When booking on southwest.com, please enter K024713 in the Corporate/ID Rate field to receive double credit and earn up to 40% off of your rental. Be sure to provide AWD number K024713 and your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation or checkin to receive your credits.
I tried using this code for a rental at MCO from May 11th to 14th, but it didn't get me a better price than the Amex Platinum discount code.

Am I doing something wrong or are they both equally good discounts?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by crimson2k6
I tried using this code for a rental at MCO from May 11th to 14th, but it didn't get me a better price than the Amex Platinum discount code.

Am I doing something wrong or are they both equally good discounts?
Probably the latter. Other airline codes (ie Delta) sometimes give the exact same discount as Southwest.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hamsamwich
I know a lot of people have already asked this, but I was wondering if anyone can assure me that the Amateur Sports Assistance Program code actually works? We are going to FL this week and have a decent rate already reserved, but this code is promising almost 50% off the rates.

I don't want to risk losing my other reservation, though, if for some reason I was denied this one because of lack of ID. Would anyone suggest holding onto both reservations just in case?

Thanks so much!
Who can assure you? It is a question without any logic when you really think about it.

Remember, even the code worked at picking up the car, rental car company could come back to change it if and when somehow they perform an audit AFTER rental. Rare, but happens.

If you are so worried, then have a back up reservation with another rental car company. In case this code does not work, walk right to your backup reservation counter.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:39 pm

I've been rummaging through this thread today and yesterday and am perplexed by the notion of free LDW on a corp AWD being a bonus...

On what planet is this anything but bad (unless of course you work for that corp)?

Whether it's G417900 (which consequently gives me the best rate for one day) or Citi or another with free LDW... when you get into an accident, who in their right mind thinks they'll be subject to the cap? Moreover, the company providing this incentive might still get involved, even if you say, 'no thanks - no worries, I'll just utilize my free Mastercard LDW coverage', and still sue you as contractually, this fender bender might count against their rate just the same and/or they may be obligated to pay in excess of the negotiated cap on damage to the vehicle. Now you're talking possibly implications to Mastercard/Visa/AMEX free LDW underwriting guidelines.

I just don't get it. The difference is $5 on my rate online and I'd glady use the discount w/o the LDW (i.e. perfectly comfortable with MasterInsurance (MC LDW as my primary as I only have liability through USAA), but to have that there just seems foreboding, definitely not reassuring...
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hakujin
I've been rummaging through this thread today and yesterday and am perplexed by the notion of free LDW on a corp AWD being a bonus...

On what planet is this anything but bad (unless of course you work for that corp)?

Whether it's G417900 (which consequently gives me the best rate for one day) or Citi or another with free LDW... when you get into an accident, who in their right mind thinks they'll be subject to the cap? Moreover, the company providing this incentive might still get involved, even if you say, 'no thanks - no worries, I'll just utilize my free Mastercard LDW coverage', and still sue you as contractually, this fender bender might count against their rate just the same and/or they may be obligated to pay in excess of the negotiated cap on damage to the vehicle. Now you're talking possibly implications to Mastercard/Visa/AMEX free LDW underwriting guidelines.

I just don't get it. The difference is $5 on my rate online and I'd glady use the discount w/o the LDW (i.e. perfectly comfortable with MasterInsurance (MC LDW as my primary as I only have liability through USAA), but to have that there just seems foreboding, definitely not reassuring...
You are overthinking way too much. I have been in 3 accidents with Avis cars, and to them, it's no big deal. Probably a daily occurance. In each case, I filled out the form, and never heard another thing from them. I'd imagine that most companies are too busy to spend time to police their auto rental users. In my humble opinion, the LDW cap is a huge bonus, because no matter who ends up paying, the maximum amount is capped at a reasonable amount. Many corporate contract with Avis are not limited strictly to employees. And in many cases the "employee" may be contracted, leased, loaned, independent sales rep, consultant, etc. I've been told by an Avis corporate business rep that they leave it up to each corporation to determine what qualifies as an employee. It makes sense. I'm sure Avis would prefer to get as many people as possible using Avis, as opposed to a competitor. If they take a few hits from "grey area" users, it's just a cost of doing business. Avis has reps out there soliciting these corporations for their business and competing with discount programs. Do you think they really care who uses the discount? I don't. Most of these AWD's are all about the same discount rate anyway (give or take a few bucks). They want the business and they don't care where it comes from.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by bob1008
Do you think they really care who uses the discount? I don't. Most of these AWD's are all about the same discount rate anyway (give or take a few bucks). They want the business and they don't care where it comes from.
Of course it's not big deal to Avis, I'm not talking about 'them' so 'they' being Avis, of course not.

'They' being the company (in this case Kellsport) who offers that discount to employees, yes I do. Is it not reasonable to suggest they could care, at their discretion, and the aforementioned could be a worse case scenario? Or do you portend that a $25,000 car being totaled with a 3k LDW cap does not affect Kellsport, at all?

One way to reassure my mind... tell me Bob, of these 3 accidents you were involved in, how many were under the umbrella of G417900's free LDW cap, and in these accidents, was there more than 3k in damages? If you answer is none and/or less than 3k, then it's not really a fair assessment of Kellsport and/or CC LDW's possible reaction..

Last edited by hakujin; Apr 16, 2009 at 8:27 am
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:53 am

C'mon Bob, I have a reservation to make!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hamsamwich

Thanks so much!
Shouldn't have a problem, but remember: ALWAYS have a backup reservation somewhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.