Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling one-way from Florida?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Traveling one-way from Florida?

I see the pickup rental car places, and the drop off places. But the drop off places are my question. http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...ay-return.html Also see the Awd code. But I can't get the whole drive out to work. Which locations are working for the drop off in those states listed? I see the cities, but I tried the airports and locations near me and nothing. I keep getting prices little under $1000 for 14 days. Is 14 days the limit it says? HELP!

It is under deals. It looks like it is from 4/1- 6/30. So it is longer than the National Rental Car drive out. But like I said above is it really a max of 14 days? Doesn't seem long enough to sight see while going home in the car.

Last edited by Earthlings; Mar 25, 2014 at 6:06 pm
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Earthlings
But the drop off places are my question. http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...ay-return.html
What is your question? The return locations are listed in the link you provide.

Is 14 days the limit it says? HELP!
But like I said above is it really a max of 14 days? Doesn't seem long enough to sight see while going home in the car.
Yup: 1-14 day limit. https://www.avis.com/car-rental/deal...y-US_en-046266

Their goal isn't for you to dilly-dally & sight see at every tourist spot from FL to the northeast and keep their car all spring/summer at $10/day. They want you to pick-up the car an drive up direct (or near-direct) with it so they can have the car up north for summer visitors.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Am I supposed to use the Zone ID number for the city? Because it is not working for any of my Avis locations, airport location or the local Avis location. Can't get the $279.30 ($19.95 a day) to work. See prices around $800-$1k.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Am I supposed to use the Zone ID number for the city? Because it is not working for any of my Avis locations, airport location or the local Avis location. Can't get the $279.30 ($19.95 a day) to work. See prices around $800-$1k.
No. The page with the permitted drop-off locations previously listed specific drop-off locations, identified with the three-character Avis location codes. There is something wrong with the page tonight.

I would wait till tomorrow and try again. I'm guessing that there is some kind of IT issue over at Avis tonight. If you can't wait, give Avis Reservations a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.