Search

Question about weekend rental reward

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Question about weekend rental reward

Could I theoretically do something like this (without paying):

1) Book a rental Saturday 9 PM - Monday 9 PM using the weekend rental reward
2) Not show up until Sunday morning and get the car then.

I'm not sure if this would technically work according to the rules, but I don't see why they shouldn't let me do it.

Anyone?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

They will modify the contract with the correct time-out since it's a different day than when booked. So it will kick-out the coupon, which requires a Saturday night stay.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
They will modify the contract with the correct time-out since it's a different day than when booked. So it will kick-out the coupon, which requires a Saturday night stay.
Yeah, that's what I figured, that technically it won't work. But is there any rationale for that, or is it just to screw you into not being able to use the coupon? After all, I'd be renting the car for less time and in the same window.

Do you think I could get some love by calling up Avis?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm not sure how that's "screwing" you. They have terms that must be met. If a hotel offers a cheap $99 rate for fri/sat night, so you think you can show up weds and say "well, I only need the room for 1 night. Can I just pay 2x$99 instead of the week-day rate of $259?"

Doubt calling will get you anywhere. You don't meet the terms of the coupon (no matter how crazy/restrictive they are) so they won't be inclined to do anything for you.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:45 pm

They are screwing you because you can't use a free coupon with T&Cs that you don't want to meet?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its funny that another thread is talking about this in a variation: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-...ned-early.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.