I'm almost done with Avis

Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador

Paperless coupons which are not applied
Profile changes that do not stay

Phone calls and email back and forth to get everything sorted.

Always having to go to the preferred booth and asked to be switched out of a car with 30k+ miles

As an Avis First you would think they could do better.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rebadc
When you realize that Avis First is not a real loyalty program, you'll be much happier. You basically get treated just like every other renter.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avis First is simply a free day certificate program (for those who don't collect real miles or points on the rentals, that is) on top of Avis Preferred. Given that, how much do you expect them to do???

Hertz Gold (or whatever they're calling it this week) is no better (unless you like their points better than Avis' free certificates, that is; but you still have to give up collecting real miles or points on rentals).

Who do you expect to be so much better???

Always having to go to the preferred booth and asked to be switched out of a car with 30k+ miles
You're renting in the "wrong" places. Rent at Select & Go locations, and you get to pick your own car (out of a varied selection).

(If you're renting mostly at smaller locations that don't have Select & Go, those same smaller locations presumably don't have the equilvalent "select your own car" features at the other rental companies either.)
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by bkafrick
When you realize that Avis First is not a real loyalty program, you'll be much happier. You basically get treated just like every other renter.
I get treated decently.

But what is above First that doesn't require me to be a corporate executive e.g. President level or whatever?

I am in Avis cars almost every week (corporate policy) for 4-6 days. I also get stupid-cheap rates, usually less than $30/day. So while there's no financial incentive for them to treat me special I sure wouldn't mind a surprise real upgrade once in awhile (and don't insult me by claiming that a pre-2014 Impala is an upgrade).
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by born sleepy
I get treated decently.

But what is above First that doesn't require me to be a corporate executive e.g. President level or whatever?

I am in Avis cars almost every week (corporate policy) for 4-6 days. I also get stupid-cheap rates, usually less than $30/day. So while there's no financial incentive for them to treat me special I sure wouldn't mind a surprise real upgrade once in awhile (and don't insult me by claiming that a pre-2014 Impala is an upgrade).
Talk to your corporate travel manager. Explain the issues you have been having. If you don't get results internally, send a complaint to Avis or fill out the reviews honestly. Your corporate contact from Avis may contact you (or you can find out who it is). Document accurately what is happening to you.

Once I did this Avis did a much better job of treating me better. But I had facts, pictures, receipts, etc to back up my history. After several attempts to resolve the issues I was having my corporate rep upgraded me to PC. and no, I'm not a president. not yet anyway.

Avis wants to protect its long term customers. They can do things to make it right for you, but they need to know things are not right currently. I have the same travel as you (4 days a week, nearly every week in a different city so that no single place gets used to me). Once they became aware of the issues they were happy to resolve them.

Give them a chance to make it right.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by born sleepy
I get treated decently.

There is no level above First that you can qualify for on your own.

Presidents Club and Chairmans are by-invitation programs only. And are given out to corporate contracts or a few other programs (some credit cards, NETJETs members, etc.).

Basically, AVIS doesnt have a loyalty program.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Not sure if they still do but at least 2 years ago they had an "invisible" premier category. If I remember correctly, it's called HFR: high frequency renter. Just a tick on your profile that locations can see but we can't. They are "supposed to" treat you better. Have a search on here to see if you can find any more info.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
im getting there myself. I've had problems at pick-up for my like 6 or so rentals. Either they dont assign me a car, the assigned car is gone, my contract is in the wrong car, etc. Also the cars im getting lately are older and higher mileage. I also had an incident where some unknown person picked up a car that i had reserved but cancelled and crashed it. I got billed for the the rental unknowingly and also got a letter in regards to the damaged car. I got it taken care of eventually, but it's pretty scary that someone was out there driving a car that I was financially responsible for...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.