Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidentual Plus level disappearing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nova08
Though you'll only have this status for another 11 days and then you'll go down to Avis First with the masses.
Originally Posted by avmba
The other poster didn't say how he got the status - if he has had the Chase Pres Plus card for a while and didn't enroll, for example, he might be OK as far as ongoing status goes...
He could, like me and many others, have the Continental Presidential Plus card, which will not be lowering our status to AVIS First. I dont know why everyone assumes this is the case. Its wrong.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Originally Posted by bkafrick
He could, like me and many others, have the Continental Presidential Plus card, which will not be lowering our status to AVIS First. I dont know why everyone assumes this is the case. Its wrong.
I am willing to make a small wager with you. Within two years, your status will not be presidents club. Open to anything from a hand shake or dinner, to 50000 points n either marriott or delta.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Teamstone
I am willing to make a small wager with you. Within two years, your status will not be presidents club. Open to anything from a hand shake or dinner, to 50000 points n either marriott or delta.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Perhaps you can enlighten us with some stock predictions too? What will AAPL be in 2015?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
Lots of traveler benefits devalue over two years, so no bet there. However, given that membership with the Pres Plus card will only decline over time and Chase is getting a hefty annual fee from it (and likely paying Avis for enabling the privilege) I would say that it's anyone's guess if they would strip the benefit at this point.

The only reasons that come to mind to me are that Chase may eventually want to migrate people to a different card (to consolidate the number of choices they have to manage) such as the United Club card or that they don't want to pay Avis any more to enable the feature. Likewise, Avis may decide they don't want to dilute their program and not re-commit to Chase whenever their contractual agreement is up for renewal.

Whatever the case may be, I will continue to leverage the benefit as long as it is available (I rent 25 or so times a year for work with Avis). If the benefit goes away, so does my card with Chase as I only pay for the card for the United Club and Avis benefit and it's not worth it just for the club access.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:36 pm

Whatever the case may be, I will continue to leverage the benefit as long as it is available (I rent 25 or so times a year for work with Avis). If the benefit goes away, so does my card with Chase as I only pay for the card for the United Club and Avis benefit and it's not worth it just for the club access.
Yup. What avmba said. I think i've only put 1 or 2 charges on it ever. I pay for it 100% for the AVIS & Club membership. In fact, Im shocked anyone pays for United Club membership on their own outside this program.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum
I was entitled to this benefit and didn't sign up until today!

I wasn't aware of this benefit of my Presidential Plus card. That annoys me because until recently I was a weekly Avis renter. In addition I'm about to start a new assignment where I'll be renting again.

It was a hassle:

- Called Avis customer service, they transferred me to President's club.
- President's Club disavowed any knowledge of the program, told me it "was by invitation only," and said I should call Chase.
- I called Chase. After a long hold, they pointed me in the right direction, namely http://avis.com/presidentialplus. Interestingly, the customer service agent from Chase called Avis to get this information for me (after a long time on hold).
- The website had a link to sign up for the first time. Since I've already got an Avis number, I had to call the phone number on the page.

I'm in. Looking forward to seeing what kind of benefits I'll get.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by RobH
I wasn't aware of this benefit of my Presidential Plus card. That annoys me because until recently I was a weekly Avis renter. In addition I'm about to start a new assignment where I'll be renting again.
As a flyertalk member since 2006, you should know to check here first!!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
still listed as pres club.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
I have been downgraded to "Avis First Member." Boo.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:39 pm

Lots of traveler benefits devalue over two years, so no bet there. However, given that membership with the Pres Plus card will only decline over time and Chase is getting a hefty annual fee from it (and likely paying Avis for enabling the privilege) I would say that it's anyone's guess if they would strip the benefit at this point.
I assume you imply PP cardholders will only decline over time due to cardholders dying off? I can't fathom why any PP cardholder would cancel their benefits, especially the ones from early on who have locked in at a lower annual fee. As it stands currently my PPMC is a steal at the annual fee I am paying and now finding out the Avis benefit has not been diluted on top of the Hyatt benefit and the UC membership. Great news!

Last edited by SAPriorityTag; Apr 24, 2013 at 8:47 pm
Old May 7, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive, Avis PC
I am still PC
Old May 12, 2013, 6:13 pm

Tears My Avis page now shows me as Avis First. GG Presidents Club
Old May 13, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum
still listed as a benefit

My status is still listed as "Preferred Presidents Club."

The benefit is still listed at http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...esidentialplus.

Call the number on that page and ask to be reinstated
Old May 13, 2013, 4:35 pm

Correct. For United MileagePlus Presidential Plus cards. Not for United MileagePlus Club Card, which presumably most of these folks had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.