Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Avis | Wizard
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 16, 12, 9:17 pm   #1

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Additional driver A108364 Costco code ?

wanted to clarify if business associates / coworkers (not spouse nor family) would be approved additional drivers at no cost under this rate code

thank you
billpritjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 12, 1:15 pm   #2
Moderator: Avis and Budget

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Per the Avis T&Cs, coworkers (same company) are eligible to drive the car for free without any additional fees/etc. Domestic Partners, as Avis clarified recently, are those with the same license address as the renter, are also included free of charge. This Costco perk is for 1 person not falling into the above 2 categories. I've used it at a few large airports and the 2nd driver I put on the rental was always free.
Old Aug 17, 12, 10:39 pm   #3

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler View Post
Per the Avis T&Cs, coworkers (same company) are eligible to drive the car for free without any additional fees/etc. Domestic Partners, as Avis clarified recently, are those with the same license address as the renter, are also included free of charge. This Costco perk is for 1 person not falling into the above 2 categories. I've used it at a few large airports and the 2nd driver I put on the rental was always free.
thank you. I suppose an example for the not falling into additional category is a buddy (?)
billpritjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 12, 5:25 pm   #4
Moderator: Avis and Budget

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpritjr View Post
thank you. I suppose an example for the not falling into additional category is a buddy (?)
Yeah. Basically anyone you want to drive your car but a spouse, partner at the same address or coworker. Mainly friends (that you trust if the insurance is in your name), customers, suppliers, other family members, partners that don't share your address (at least on the license), etc.