FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Maui Cars (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/1299495-maui-cars.html)

milemonkey Jan 6, 2012 9:18 pm

Maui Cars

Does Maui (OGG) have Cadillac CTS Luxury category cars?

milemonkey Mar 3, 2012 1:10 pm

FYI -

The OGG location does not have Cadillacs. I got a Lincoln Town car.

bitachu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm

anyone know what I should expect out of Standard size at ogg next week? got it thru priceline

mrredskin Jan 9, 2013 11:17 am

anyone been renting here, recently? premium is only coming up as about $40 more than intermediate for a 4-day mid-week rental. is a town car typically the only premium here? I'm Avis First so figured if I did rent premium it might be easier to get a luxury or convertible.

Teamstone Jan 9, 2013 12:59 pm

I spent a few days in Maui a few weeks back. I had rented full size (free weekend). I had a VERY nice Lincoln MKX. I was Avis First at the time.

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 20010752)
anyone been renting here, recently? premium is only coming up as about $40 more than intermediate for a 4-day mid-week rental. is a town car typically the only premium here? I'm Avis First so figured if I did rent premium it might be easier to get a luxury or convertible.

mrredskin Jan 10, 2013 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Teamstone (Post 20011577)
I spent a few days in Maui a few weeks back. I had rented full size (free weekend). I had a VERY nice Lincoln MKX. I was Avis First at the time.

thanks for the feedback!

nissan720 Jan 13, 2013 1:17 pm

In November the wife and I went to Hawaii and visited two islands: I am a Avis first and used a free weekend certificate on the first rental:

HNL
Rented - Full size - 4 Days
Received - 2 Door Jeep

KOA
Rented - Full size - 4 Days
Received - 4 Door Lincoln MKS

These were the cars they had preselected for me. The wife was more than happy to run around in both the Jeep and the Lincoln.

Dsnow0819 Jan 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Sorry for bumping an old tread up, but I'm looking to get an idea what's on the lot at OGG. It's my first trip to Maui and luxury, convertible and an SUV all price out about the same.

Any suggestion on what to book. I would book the convertible, but I don't want to get stuck with a basic Mustang; I'm just not a fan. Leaning to the luxury, but is there anything else besides the MKS? I would love to get in a BMW, but I don't know if they have any. I'm Avis First or whatever, if that matters.

dayone Feb 2, 2015 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819 (Post 24265533)
I'm looking to get an idea what's on the lot at OGG. It's my first trip to Maui and luxury, convertible and an SUV all price out about the same.

Any suggestion on what to book. I would book the convertible, but I don't want to get stuck with a basic Mustang; I'm just not a fan. Leaning to the luxury, but is there anything else besides the MKS?

Go with a Luxury. A convertible is seldom as much fun as imagined. Also, a Luxury often allows for better bargaining.

Dsnow0819 Feb 3, 2015 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 24276185)
Go with a Luxury. A convertible is seldom as much fun as imagined. Also, a Luxury often allows for better bargaining.

That what I figured. Anyone have any recent experience with a luxury rental in Maui?

UnderEst Feb 3, 2015 1:37 pm

Luxury in Maui will most likely end up being a Lincoln MKZ. They do have a few Infiniti Q50s on the lot though.

Dsnow0819 Feb 4, 2015 8:49 am

Originally Posted by UnderEst (Post 24285795)
Luxury in Maui will most likely end up being a Lincoln MKZ. They do have a few Infiniti Q50s on the lot though.

Went ahead a booked the luxury. Hopefully I can get an Infiniti or maybe a BMW.