Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger seat always way forward - Why?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1k, FTR Summit
Passenger seat always way forward - Why?

Just a pet peeve of mine - Why does every(it seems)rental always have the passenger seat moved completely forward and tilted towards the dash fully? Don't they know or care when they clean it? Less often(thankfully), I also find the passenger side mirror flipped in. I usually discover this once in the car(but I'm getting accustomed to checking for it). Avis - We try harder - Really??
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
There is a "What is the most trivial, least substantive thing I can complain about?" thread over on the DL forum. Check it out...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dd992emo
There is a "What is the most trivial, least substantive thing I can complain about?" thread over on the DL forum. Check it out...
^^^^^^^^
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by newfather
Just a pet peeve of mine - Why does every(it seems)rental always have the passenger seat moved completely forward and tilted towards the dash fully? Don't they know or care when they clean it? Less often(thankfully), I also find the passenger side mirror flipped in. I usually discover this once in the car(but I'm getting accustomed to checking for it). Avis - We try harder - Really??
Passenger seat moved forward: left in that position by car detailers who were vacuuming the rear floor area (normally, you'd vacuum the front seat, then the front floor, then move the seat all the way forward and vacuum the rear seat and then rear floor). IIRC, Avis's cleaning standards do require the seats to be moved back to normal position, so it appears the location(s) you rent from need a check-up from the QA folks.

Mirror flipped in: likely done so by the brushes of the car wash, and the detailers didn't flip it out. I don't think the Avis car cleaning standards address this. Note that many car models don't have folding mirrors, so these may be the ones you aren't having issues with.

Nothing malicious, just forgetful (or lazy).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.