Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Budget in Switzerland - cheaper and better conditions on .com vs local

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1 thousand

I'm booking a car rental for ZRH as a Swiss resident, and I'm seeing something weird: for the same car budget.com is a pay-later booking for CHF 690, whereas budget.ch offer prepayment for the same CHF 690 or pay later for CHF 790. budget.co.uk is similar to budget.ch. All prices are total including taxes.

Even weirder: budget.ch requires a fee of just over CHF 10 per day for "Cross Border Daily", which is also listed in the terms and conditions. budget.com has no cross border fee and the terms and conditions are almost identical except that they don't mention a fee for out of country travel unless you go to CZ/PL/H/SK where a "travel east fee applies.

To sum it all up: budget.com seems better for renting in Switzerland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.