Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
You should be able to read about AvisFirst under CARS & SERVICES, then MEMBERSHIP SERVICES on the website. However, Avis does not promote or publicize Avis President's Club or Avis Chairman's Club, and makes them relatively difficult to get. Why this is, I have no idea. I think Avis should promote and publicize PC and CC, just like National and Hertz publicize and promote their top tiers, but Avis did not call me and ask me for my opinion on that, which is too bad, and quite an oversight on their parts, don't you think?
(Yes, the last sentence is sarcasm, in case anyone was not clear on that!)
thanks, yeah I see Avis First advertised all over. Can't find anything on PC and CC except from FT. Man I sure wish the United Club card had PC again =(
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by USirritated
I think Avis should promote and publicize PC and CC
IMHO, the reason they don't promote these tiers is because they are not available to the general public. If the public knew about them, they'd be inundated with questions of "I rent 52 weeks out of the year, shouldn't I be in a higher tier, yadda yadda yadda".

Its sort of like the AMEX Black Card. There's no info on it on the web, because its a "by-invitation-only" program that they want to keep exclusive.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Not always 'by invitation only'

Some credit cards include PC in offer

A good benefit
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
IMHO, the reason they don't promote these tiers is because they are not available to the general public. If the public knew about them, they'd be inundated with questions of "I rent 52 weeks out of the year, shouldn't I be in a higher tier, yadda yadda yadda".

Its sort of like the AMEX Black Card. There's no info on it on the web, because its a "by-invitation-only" program that they want to keep exclusive.
Agree, but two by Invitation only tiers is a little excessive IMO. Most programs just have one.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:17 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Agree, but two by Invitation only tiers is a little excessive IMO. Most programs just have one.
Stop it.. you're giving them ideas!!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Stop it.. you're giving them ideas!!
Lol.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
The first rule about PC & CC is, there is no PC & CC.

Didnt you watch Fight Club?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
The first rule about PC & CC is, there is no PC & CC.

Didnt you watch Fight Club?
Sure did.

Anyway, i've never heard of PC & CC...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Getting frustrated with BOS. I rent there frequently -- recently I've been given Ford Tauruses on numerous occasions. Anyone else have trouble getting good upgrades at BOS?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Getting Taurus second time in a row at two different locations - they must be standardizing on them.... All that said, it's not a bad ride at all....
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
FWIW I've had Avis Presidents Club for many years (compliments of the Presidential Plus card) and received an Avis First invite kit today that basically said that it works in addition to Presidents Club. The net/net is that I still get the two class upgrade, and also get the free weekend rentals with x rentals.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:11 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
...and also get the free weekend rentals with x rentals.
So long as you don't earn airline miles/hotel points/etc on your rentals.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
FWIW I've had Avis Presidents Club for many years (compliments of the Presidential Plus card) and received an Avis First invite kit today that basically said that it works in addition to Presidents Club. The net/net is that I still get the two class upgrade, and also get the free weekend rentals with x rentals.
Is this a new thing and if so, I wonder if the will roll out to Chairman as well. I miss the weekend free rentals.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by Teamstone
Is this a new thing and if so, I wonder if the will roll out to Chairman as well. I miss the weekend free rentals.
No it is not new. First+President are stackable. Chairman is not.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Can anyone clarify how "best available" is supposed to work? I'm Chairman's and generally have no complaints about the cars I'm given. I rent from BOS about once a month and have gotten mostly Caddys and recently a Taurus. But I see lots of BMWs, Infinitis, etc. sitting there. Are those not considered "better" than a Taurus? Or are they already reserved?

I'm usually in too much of a hurry to ask for something else on the lot, but I assume I could? Or call the CC line and put in a request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.