Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lintemut
bkafrick -

What car class did you reserve? Do you know what class AVIS considers a 300?
Although our "sticky" lists it as a specialty car (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...ars-class.html), it was marked as a PREMIUM car on my receipt.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
will Avis status match?

Will Avis status match to Presidents Club?

I hold Platinum status with Sixt along with top tier at British Airways
Old Jan 4, 2011, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by arir

Nope
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by arir

Originally Posted by gleff
Nope
And I think the reason for this is that Presidents Club and Chairmans Club are not frequent renter programs. They are "by-invitation-only" programs. They do not compare with any other company's program. It has nothing to do with how many times you rent. It has to do with control of company contracts.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I'm a newly crowned CC -

I love the benefit of them taking you back to the terminal, but any luck with getting them to pick you up from the airport? I arrive every week on Sunday night and the dad-gum BWI rental car shuttle doesn't come but once every ten minutes or so, sometimes even longer!

Also, FYI for new CC members, if you have previous booked reservations when you become CC, the Avis IT system isn't intelligent enough to update those reservations. So it's best to cancel those reservations and book them again after your CC status is in the system.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
I'm a newly crowned CC -

I love the benefit of them taking you back to the terminal, but any luck with getting them to pick you up from the airport? I arrive every week on Sunday night and the dad-gum BWI rental car shuttle doesn't come but once every ten minutes or so, sometimes even longer!
No, I've had no luck with this either. Every time I ask, I am told that it's "no longer possible, due to airport rules", and the TSA is sometimes mentioned.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Just got my Avis First card today. I was "Preferred Select" at one time but this doesn't seem to be much different from that. I guess PS was discontinued?

The CO Presidential card actually sounds like a hell of a deal. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone know if HP is amongst the companies that Avis hands out PC status?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:29 am

Would a local Avis deliver a car nearby to Presidential club? Not just pickup which they might do anyway, but send the car and another to take driver back. Actually enterprise used to do that for my company but no longer. I guess we dont rent enough anymore.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:35 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by airfly56
Would a local Avis deliver a car nearby to Presidential club? Not just pickup which they might do anyway, but send the car and another to take driver back.
Your best bet is to call the location and see with a few days notice. All locations are different, so it's tough to tell.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by airfly56
Would a local Avis deliver a car nearby to Presidential club? Not just pickup which they might do anyway, but send the car and another to take driver back. Actually enterprise used to do that for my company but no longer. I guess we dont rent enough anymore.
Avis CC rules require them to deliver a car anywhere within a 25 mile radius of the renting location, and I have had the benefit of this service on more than one location.

The farthest example for me (March 2010, in Missouri) was about 20 miles, and since I needed the car at 9:00 AM Monday morning, they delivered the car at their Sunday afternoon closing time (that location closed at 4:00 PM, the car was at my hotel before 5:00 PM), and they left the keys and contract at the front desk of my hotel.

The most recent time (November 2010, home in Fort Lauderdale) that I needed a car delivered was when my Mercedes GLK was in the shop for an insurance repair (why is it that the only time I am in an accident is when I am at a stop, usually a light, and someone plows into me?), and the Avis manager insisted that it is an Avis "rule" for CC members to make sure the car is delivered two hours before the appointed time, they brought me the make and model I requested (2010 Buick LaCrosse), and they left the keys and contract with my service writer, AND they beat the rate authorized by Progressive Insurance to boot!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by USirritated
Avis CC rules require them to deliver a car anywhere within a 25 mile radius of the renting location, and I have had the benefit of this service on more than one location.
They delivered a car to my hotel in Thailand recently. But it was roughly 5 miles from the airport.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Are you renting at the same city for 10 years?

I'll admit, i'm a newly crowned Presidents Club members, but from everything i've read on these boards, I thought that benefit was reserved for Chairmans. Any other PC members have the same experience?
I recall back before 9/11 Pres Club member pretty much always got driven back to the airport. When the airports then clamped down on security, that all stopped. But it still happens from time to time. I rent mostly from LAX and if I ask, and someone is free, they will drive me back. Or they will drive me to a nearby hotel if I ask. I always give the driver a few bucks.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't rent enough in the US to qualify for Avis First, but each year they keep giving it to me. I just got an email that says...

Dear Stimpy,

We truly appreciate your business and have extended your AVIS FIRST benefits through 2011—even though you did not meet the rental requirements in 2010.

Please continue to enjoy all that AVIS FIRST has to offer. It's a perfect complement to your membership in Avis President's Club.

But I have to ask, how does Avis First compliment Presidents Club? As far as I can tell, the only benefit would be weekend rental coupons which I cannot use in Europe (the only place I would want to use them).
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
Chairmen experience in Cali

Any Chairmen have any experiences at LAX (or local la locations )?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by traveldealer
Any Chairmen have any experiences at LAX (or local la locations )?
Sorry, can't answer your question, but I'll build off of it. I need a large SUV/minivan for mid-April in DFW. Any CC have any experience here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.