Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis preferred, What's the point?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
A really very impressive customer service rep called Anita at Avis UK has now sorted out a refund for the double booking however when I log into my Avis preferred account, I just get a blank where my rental history should be.

I would have to email some IT bods apparently to get this sorted out but based on the fact that my Hertz account still works and particularly based on the service I have received at ATL and TPA I think I'll just call it a day and go back to Hertz.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hilton, AA, UA, AmEx
I might be just imagining things, but I feel that since the recession started to hit almost 2 years ago, the cars I'm getting seem to be older (at least at BDL)... I actually received a couple cars with >30k miles on them too! I wonder if the economic situation has caused them to keep cars longer rather than buy new ones?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:15 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by filbert
I might be just imagining things, but I feel that since the recession started to hit almost 2 years ago, the cars I'm getting seem to be older (at least at BDL)... I actually received a couple cars with >30k miles on them too! I wonder if the economic situation has caused them to keep cars longer rather than buy new ones?
In 2007 both GM and Ford stated that they would significantly reduce sales to fleets (mostly rental fleets). With the reduced ability to buy cars, the costs for all rental companies probably increased. It was about that time that we started seeing the >25k cars on the lots, even as "preferred" or "First" members. The downturn in the economy late last year made it even worse for the rental fleets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.