Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: Gold 5*
Hey guys....

LAX - Full Size SUV (& better)
For you frequent renters out there, am I right to guess the average 2 FULL SIZE SUV's at LAX, will be either the Chevy Tahoe or the Ford Explorer ??

If I was able to upgrade to the next class, am I looking at the Surb, Expedition, Yukon or a Navigator/Escalade ??

Am guessing these are the kind of SUV's you will get at LAX, as would think they would carry a large range ?
I have the Tahoe booked already, but was hoping to do a cheeky upgrade to a Yukon or Suburban
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:05 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eneka
How's the Premium/Class G fleet looking at YYZ?
300. Maybe 300C or S if you're lucky. Unfortunately, in the Winter, their car selection gets worse. I was told they turn in their 'fun' cars around October.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:07 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuartUK
Hey guys....

For you frequent renters out there, am I right to guess the average 2 FULL SIZE SUV's at LAX, will be either the Chevy Tahoe or the Ford Explorer ??

If I was able to upgrade to the next class, am I looking at the Surb, Expedition, Yukon or a Navigator/Escalade ??

Am guessing these are the kind of SUV's you will get at LAX, as would think they would carry a large range ?
I have the Tahoe booked already, but was hoping to do a cheeky upgrade to a Yukon or Suburban
Have a look at the top post and see what's listed. Explorer won't be in this class. Most likely a Tahoe but possibly Expedition or Sequoia (which are very bare at Avis!). An IG would be the extended expedition or Suburban/Yukon XL. Might be able to talk yourself into a GL450 as they have had a bunch of these lately.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Spirit Airlines, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by StuartUK
Hey guys....

Full size SUV comes out as Tahoe and Premium SUV would be Suburban. The traverse/Explorer are standard elite class.

Last edited by gaperskiier; Mar 2, 2017 at 11:05 pm Reason: change
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:15 pm

Was at Calgary YYC this week. They have half a dozen Escalade ESVs that are brand new off the lot. They really pushed hard for me to take it but couldn't go lower than 45/day on my already expensive rental. They also have 3-series, CTS, X3, X5, 528i, XC60, etc. The location however is not up to par with the rest of the places I've been around North America especially with employee demeanor.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:02 pm

Just booked my rental at MCO (Orlando) in the luxury class... Anyone have any idea what I'm likely to receive? This is my first time renting a car...
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:04 pm

Booked a premium car at PIT for a one-way rental, received a Ford Taurus Limited with 30k miles. Pretty much as expected but it's another datapoint. The car had Sync 3 with an active navigation system.

Last edited by m907; Mar 20, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OWS, Alitalia Freccia Alata/ST Elite Plus, Avis, Hertz
Hi folks,

Has anybody been through Select & Go at SEA recently? I booked a midsize to be picked up in the evening on the 31st so just wondering what I can expect in terms of exchange.

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
One way PBI to MCO

For a one way week long rental I booked a standard SUV (Ford Edge) was asked if I wanted a Chevy Traverse, Volvo or BMW. I chose the BMW - walked out to find a black X5 with 8K miles. I was a happy driver last week and spoiled.^^
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:24 am

I've got a Full Size booking at Hornby Street in Vancouver coming up - does anyone have any idea what their stock normally is? (I presume it to be small)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:23 pm

There's no active Budget fleet thread here that I could find but I had to post about this travesty, and since Budget and Avis are the same company they have a lot of the same cars.

I booked a full-size car with a coupon for one class upgrade for a one-way rental from DCA. They tried to give me a 2013 Chevy Impala - the old, ancient-looking model. It had cloth seats and 30k miles. I was not going to tolerate that so I made another reservation.

I'm surprised they still have them; the new Impala came out 3 years ago. Edit: Apparently Chevy kept making the old model for company fleets, so maybe it was technically a 2016 model. But it was still awful.

Last edited by m907; Mar 20, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:30 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Renting out of ORD shortly, W class. Hoping to avoid the Hyundai Santa Fe and the Mazda... Any recent experiences?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know which model of X5 I can expect in Denver please?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
3 full-size rentals in the past 6 weeks yielded 3 very different results:

DFW--2017 Mazda 6, leather seats, low mileage
ATL--2016 Impala LTZ, cloth seats, 35k+ miles
FAT--upgraded to "Cool Cars," 2017 Charger RT
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
Anyone know which model of X5 I can expect in Denver please?
Expect a BMW X5 SDrive35i (RWD) - Heads up display, no radar cruise, standard XM/Navigation and leatherette.

BMW really unloaded a fleet of really cheap 2wd ones to Avis that no-one really wanted for real cheap. Only Avis X5 AWD ones I've seen are ones in Canada. the X5 is miles ahead of the GLS450 in terms of quality and ride. However, I almost always ask if they have an XC90 instead because those are miles and miles ahead of the current X5.

XC90 in the Avis fleet are usually pretty loaded up and absolutely one of the best SUVs/ski vehicles out there right now - Apple Carplay/Android, automated cruise, T6 AWD Momentum with the 7 passenger option and real premium leather too. The chasm between the X5 and XC90 is profound.

XC90 - 24/25 mpg avg at 80mph cruise. Can't rave how awesome quality and everything else is. Bar none, the nicest ski vehicle. Fit 4 passengers + dog + all ski gear in absolutely comfort.
X5 - Seats suck, choppy ride from run flats but its is good handling, quiet, and predictable. Nice iDrive with screen but way too many menus and submenus. 22mpg at 80mph cruise.
GLS450 - awful. Bouncy ride, cheap materials inside, handles awfully. 2nd row seats feel sunken in. Can't stand the car. The Merc navigation is one of the worst I've used and feels 10 years outdated. 17/18 mpg at 80mph.

Last edited by gaperskiier; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.