Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Probably my favorite car in the fleet at this point other than the Maserati.
It's not bad, but not my fave I think.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:53 am

Any idea what cars are available in the Luxury section at Las Vegas Airport?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:20 pm

Hello all.

Thinking of jumping from my usual Hertz rentals to Avis for a one way (out of) LAX Premium SUV rental - the price difference between both 'Suburban or Similar" class is tremendous. Any idea if I will be stuck with a Tahoe/Yukon instead of a Suburban/Yukon XL?

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:16 pm

Hi guys!! First ever post for me on this great forum!

I'm travelling with my pregnant wife to Vermont between Dec 23rd and Dec 28th, departing and returning to La Guardia Airport. I booked through Autoslash an Intermediate SUV from Avis. Two quick questions:
- Do you know how could I request 4WD only and snow tires? (Should I? I've never driven in snow but don't know how difficult would it get to go to Woodstock, VT and drive around)
- Do you know which models I can expect to get?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

I don't think they offer snow tires. And unfortunately, there's no way to request 4WD other than calling/asking. But Avis doesn't guarantee 4WD on any classes.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:54 am

Your best bet would be to ask for the lowest mileage 4x4 when you arrive. Sadly no snow tires for US rental companies :-/
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Ironic this topic came up now. Just placing my res for CID in October. Noticed that the intermediate class SUV was now listed as 4 Wheel Drive. There isnt any other intermediate SUV options listed. Wonder why its showing like this. My other October res for GRB lists intermediate.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:11 pm

Thank you for your replies!! I wrote Avis and this is what they replied:

Reservation: 007***5US0

Dear Mr. ****,

Thank you for contacting Avis customer service regarding your vehicle
inquiry.

Let me share with you that due to vehicle availability, the vehicle you
reserved is not guaranteed as 4WD. All our vehicles are equipped with
All weather/All season tires to guarantee the safety of our renters. We
hope this information has been helpful for you.

At Avis, we strive to deliver a safe, dependable, hassle-free rental. If
we can be of any further service, please feel free to let us know, and
we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Avis, we appreciate your business and hope you
have a great day.

Best regards,

Joseph Cruz
Avis Rent A Car System, Inc
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

It's very interesting that all weather/all season tires "guarantee the safety of our renters." I've known many ppl you be in accidents with all weather/season tires...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:50 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mmoser2
Ironic this topic came up now. Just placing my res for CID in October. Noticed that the intermediate class SUV was now listed as 4 Wheel Drive. There isnt any other intermediate SUV options listed. Wonder why its showing like this. My other October res for GRB lists intermediate.
Regardless of whether you choose Intermediate or Standard SUV, 4WD is never guaranteed, although you generally have a better chance of getting a 4WD in a Standard SUV than an Intermediate SUV.

The chances are even better with a Fullsize SUV since almost all Expeditions, Tahoes, Yukons, etc. have 4WD, but the caveat is that Fullsize SUVs tend to be much more expensive than their smaller counterparts.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:00 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Darosama
Hi guys!! First ever post for me on this great forum!

I'm travelling with my pregnant wife to Vermont between Dec 23rd and Dec 28th, departing and returning to La Guardia Airport. I booked through Autoslash an Intermediate SUV from Avis. Two quick questions:
- Do you know how could I request 4WD only and snow tires? (Should I? I've never driven in snow but don't know how difficult would it get to go to Woodstock, VT and drive around)
- Do you know which models I can expect to get?

Thanks in advance!!
The other replies here are on-point. Keep in mind that in places like Vermont snow is an everyday occurrence and they are very good at keeping the roads clear. Unless it's snowing heavily while you are driving, you should be ok. If the surface of the road is snowy/icy, just be sure to take it much slower and leave yourself a lot of stopping distance between you and the vehicle in front of you so you don't end up rear ending anyone.

Snow removal in and around NYC is not nearly as good as the upper New England area, but then again if you are coming to LGA from VT, you will mostly be on major highways like I-95 or I-87 and they tend to stay clear except in major storms. If it's snowing heavily, best to stay off the road.

Lastly,while 4WD is not guaranteed, if you show up with a Standard SUV reservation and a pregnant wife, and have a smile on your face when you greet the agent, you have a pretty decent shot of having them give you something capable in the snow if you ask. The one caveat though is that if you are renting one-way from VT to LGA, sometimes the rental companies try to get rid of the vehicles they don't want on a one-way rental (or similarly keep the better ones locally), so there is that to keep in mind.

Safe travels!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Regardless of whether you choose Intermediate or Standard SUV, 4WD is never guaranteed, although you generally have a better chance of getting a 4WD in a Standard SUV than an Intermediate SUV.

The chances are even better with a Fullsize SUV since almost all Expeditions, Tahoes, Yukons, etc. have 4WD, but the caveat is that Fullsize SUVs tend to be much more expensive than their smaller counterparts.
Be cautious. Most of the Tahoe/Suburbans I've had (even up north) were tagged in TX/FL/GA and only had 2WD.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Be cautious. Most of the Tahoe/Suburbans I've had (even up north) were tagged in TX/FL/GA and only had 2WD.
It's like you are prophetic. Just got assigned a Yukon XL 2WD with Florida Plates. 21k miles on it. Hopefully it's clean since I doubt there are multiple ones.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:51 pm

I drove by a Avis/Budget non airport location and they had a Subaru Crosstrek, but it didn't have the roof rack that you see on all Crosstreks. Why??
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, Delta Silver Medalion
Avis Jaguar XF?

Hello everyone,

I was surprised to see today that my upcoming reservation in DEN has been changed from a BMW 740i (which I reserved) to a Jaguar XF. I didn't realize that Avis even had Jaguars and their website still does not list them as a signature series vehicle. Regardless, do you think I should call and ask for a downgrade comp considering the XF is significantly smaller than the 7 series? I am Preferred Plus as well.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.