Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:10 am

Earlier this month, I got a Jeep Renegade from the Cape Canaveral FL location (dropped at MCO). Couldn't find any class designation on the rental agreement. I originally reserved a full size (with one-class upgrade coupon).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jessa07
Earlier this month, I got a Jeep Renegade from the Cape Canaveral FL location (dropped at MCO). Couldn't find any class designation on the rental agreement. I originally reserved a full size (with one-class upgrade coupon).
Renegade on a Full, plus ugprade? Ouch! The receipt should show what vehicle class it really is. My guess is that it's Intermediate SUV, but who knows.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jan 27, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:34 am

Anyone got any fresh info on what cars are in the Canadian LCAR/Group H fleet (Specifically YVR but I guess its similar countrywide)?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Anyone got any fresh info on what cars are in the Canadian LCAR/Group H fleet (Specifically YVR but I guess its similar countrywide)?
From what I've seen in Canada, you're likely to get a 300S on a Lux rental. The other vehicles that they have are all considered specialty (A4, ATS, 3 Series, X3 [equipped much better than any X3 in the US], E400, etc) but you might get upgraded to one if you're lucky.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
From what I've seen in Canada, you're likely to get a 300S on a Lux rental. The other vehicles that they have are all considered specialty (A4, ATS, 3 Series, X3 [equipped much better than any X3 in the US], E400, etc) but you might get upgraded to one if you're lucky.
Ugh.

Difficult to see why anyone would bother then as a Premium is a 300 Touring and the only difference is 20 inch wheels, black trim and some nicer seats. Very strange categorisation there by Avis!

Lux is often 40-50% more expensive which is a heck of a lot of money for nothing fundamentally different.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Ugh.

Difficult to see why anyone would bother then as a Premium is a 300 Touring and the only difference is 20 inch wheels, black trim and some nicer seats. Very strange categorisation there by Avis!

Lux is often 40-50% more expensive which is a heck of a lot of money for nothing fundamentally different.
For Toronto, everytime I've been there recently, a Premium costs more than a Luxury rental. Very odd.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:29 pm

This is nothing like as straight forward as renting something half decent in the US.

1) Go to National
2) Rent LCAR
3) Drive off in decent car

Doing the same in Canada seems orders of magnitude more difficult.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:02 pm

I just rented a Range Rover Evoque HSE Premium for $100 per day all taxes included. Heard they'll be bringing more Range Rovers into the fleet.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dreamliners
I just rented a Range Rover Evoque HSE Premium for $100 per day all taxes included. Heard they'll be bringing more Range Rovers into the fleet.
What location? YYZ has had the Evoque for a while now (at least 6+ months) but I didn't notice if it was the HSE Premium or not.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:56 pm

Any experiences with Avis at DEN airport? Reserved a Full-size there and hoping it's not an old-style Impala like the one Enterprise tried to force me in at FLL. Says a Fusion or similar but it's been a couple years since I went with Avis and got a Camry as a full-size back then but in PHL.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
What location? YYZ has had the Evoque for a while now (at least 6+ months) but I didn't notice if it was the HSE Premium or not.
This was at LGA location.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thomasadamPHL
Any experiences with Avis at DEN airport? Reserved a Full-size there and hoping it's not an old-style Impala like the one Enterprise tried to force me in at FLL. Says a Fusion or similar but it's been a couple years since I went with Avis and got a Camry as a full-size back then but in PHL.
I dont have any personal experience with DEN, but at other locations, I would say you most likely you will get a Fusion. Maybe a Sonata or Camry.

They do have a couple trim levels for the Fusion, so hopefully you get the Titanium version, which has a few extra features (IIRC, remote start, heated seats, bigger rims).
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

I was able to score a C300 AWD at LAS this week (Cool Cars). A whole 6 miles on it when I got in. Drove amazing, but otherwise a disappointment IMO (no heated seats, awkward seating, the center display looks like they forgot about it when it was designed & they threw a tablet up there after the fact...).

They had a loaded Genesis waiting for me with 6 miles on it, but I wanted to try the C.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:20 am

I have a reservation for Avis in the second week of May for a Mustang convertible in LAX, 2 years ago in Alamo I picked up a Camaro and last year in Miami in Dollar was a Mustang 2014 (all of them Cabrios), this year I want to try a Mustang 2015, could be hard to pick one in the middle of the week (wednesday morning)?

Is Mustang 2014 still available to rent to people or they already changed all of them to 2015 version?

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:01 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
You can add the Honda CRV to this list. Seen at EWR last week.

I assume this would fall under the Intermediate SUV category.

Like the other Hondas, I believe these were added to the fleet due to the Zipcar merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.