Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
The new Impala is a PCAR with National (and I think the LTZ is even PXAR). I saw a new Impala LS on a Hertz lot and they had it tagged F (although it was *really* bare-bones...). So I guess it could go either way.

-J.
Wow, Avis still doesn't have the new Impalas? National has had them for at least 9 months now...

Last edited by drzoidberg; Mar 17, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:58 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Wow, Avis still doesn't have the new Impalas? National has had them for at least 9 months now...
I've seen them for at least 3-4 months on Avis lots... Just not sure what class they are.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:07 am

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

I have seen a new Impala last August at DTW.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:40 pm

In MIA if you booked a Full Size (Group E) which is most likely the car they would have in stock, a Toyota Camry?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Fointe
In MIA if you booked a Full Size (Group E) which is most likely the car they would have in stock, a Toyota Camry?
Never been to MIA but probably a Fusion.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:17 am

Just booked an intermediate at IAH and noticed that the Chrysler 200 was listed as the example for the standard car. This could just be an IAH thing, though (or perhaps it's a continuation of the down-sizing of cars across rental car fleets...)
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by zhutch
Just booked an intermediate at IAH and noticed that the Chrysler 200 was listed as the example for the standard car. This could just be an IAH thing, though (or perhaps it's a continuation of the down-sizing of cars across rental car fleets...)
Since the Altima Coupe seems to be nonexistent the 200 is pretty much the only car in Standard. Every time I've been assigned the 200 though I asked for something nicer and I've always been offered anything from a Full-size to premium and I'm only a preferred member.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

...at IAH and noticed that the Chrysler 200 was listed as the example for the standard car. This could just be an IAH thing, though (or perhaps it's a continuation of the down-sizing of cars across rental car fleets...)
I tried about 20 locations and the only ones that the Altima Coupe (former standard car example) exists is in NC & SC corporate locations, minus MYR. It's the 200 everywhere else. Most likely because the Altima Coupe isn't in production for the 2014 model year.

Not sure it's really a down-sizing (for once!): the 200 is longer/wider/taller/longer wheel base/2 additional doors than the Altima Coupe.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Not sure it's really a down-sizing (for once!): the 200 is longer/wider/taller/longer wheel base/2 additional doors than the Altima Coupe.
That is true! Plus, it seems like the 2014 model is much improved in style over the previous model, although i have yet to see one in person. I mostly meant it's a downgrade simply because it was previously classified as an intermediate (at least according to this thread). I'd be okay with an upgrade to one in a couple weeks on my reservation. haha
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:51 am

That is true! Plus, it seems like the 2014 model is much improved in style over the previous model, although i have yet to see one in person. I mostly meant it's a downgrade simply because it was previously classified as an intermediate (at least according to this thread). I'd be okay with an upgrade to one in a couple weeks on my reservation. haha
That's actually the 2015 model, which just entered production last week. I'm actually interested in driving that, every model has push button start and a 9 speed auto. Shouldn't be a bad rental at all.

At least Avis seems to have a decent amount of options on their 200s. I've seen quite a few with the 3.6L V6 and leather, that's a pretty powerful motor for a relatively small car.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by mittencuh
I've only seen a few Z4s but they did have the technology package and cold weather package. But yes it was the sDrive 28i.
Of the 2 I've had, they seemed pretty bare. They had GPS, but no heated seats/other amenities I'd expect in a "premium" car.
Thanks for the replies.

Now will DTW have the Z4 or 7-series for my next rental... I think the M37x is DTW's best as of now
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hafamaca
Now will DTW have the Z4 or 7-series for my next rental... I think the M37x is DTW's best as of now
I've not seen any BMW's bigger than a 3 at DTW (seems they have a lot of GM/Ford vehicles.. I wonder if that's the case since tons of people up there are visiting suppliers/manufacturers/etc). I've only seen the 7's at Atlanta.

For the Z4, I'd be doubtful you'll find that up in DTW. I've only seen them in warm weather climates.

The M37x was a a great car and has been renamed the Q70. Be cautious, if you find an M37 hanging around, it's probably very high mileage & been worn hard. The Q70's are very new, though.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by mittencuh
That's actually the 2015 model, which just entered production last week. I'm actually interested in driving that, every model has push button start and a 9 speed auto. Shouldn't be a bad rental at all.

At least Avis seems to have a decent amount of options on their 200s. I've seen quite a few with the 3.6L V6 and leather, that's a pretty powerful motor for a relatively small car.
Ahhh my mistake! Thanks for clarifying. I might have to more closely look at the 200 next time if i have the opportunity to take one!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:30 pm

I've not seen any BMW's bigger than a 3 at DTW (seems they have a lot of GM/Ford vehicles.. I wonder if that's the case since tons of people up there are visiting suppliers/manufacturers/etc). I've only seen the 7's at Atlanta.

For the Z4, I'd be doubtful you'll find that up in DTW. I've only seen them in warm weather climates.

The M37x was a a great car and has been renamed the Q70. Be cautious, if you find an M37 hanging around, it's probably very high mileage & been worn hard. The Q70's are very new, though.
DTW actually has a decent selection.. I have received and/or seen X5, 5-series, 3-series, and the X3. Also seen the Escalade, Navigator, XTS, and some other specialty cars. I have a reservation in May, I'll have to ask if they 7 or Z4 in their fleet... maybe I'll get lucky
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:48 am

Quiet smooth ride?

I am used to renting compact car but with family visiting I am renting fullsize car first time.
I would like a smooth and quiet ride but SUV is out of my price range considering the fee and the miles I will be driving.

I see the following cars as fullsize cars (from first page of this thread)
Which of these has a smooth and quiet ride?
I would say
Camry> Altima >> Sonata
Would Malibu, Impala or Fusion be better?

Class E: Full Size
Avis Example: Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet Malibu
Ford Fusion
Hyundai Sonata
Kia Optima
Mazda 6
Mitsubishi Galant
Nissan Altima
Toyota Camry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.