FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Avis President's Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/796656-avis-presidents-club.html)

PeterPK Mar 1, 2008 3:53 pm

Avis President's Club

Hi - I just received my President's Club card, but *no* information about its benefits. It came with a letter that only talks about "Preferred" status, etc. The term "President's Club" is not mentioned once in the correspondence received with the card. Is that normal? I searched the AVIS website, and there is again no information on the President's Club benefits. Anyone know where to find that (official) info?

Thanks...

bthobe Mar 1, 2008 4:36 pm

Some of the benefits for President's Club include a guranteed car upon reservation even if it is sold out (granted you have no choice in what you reserve being they are sold out), 2 car upgrade based on availability and...... a special reservations line that is never busy (At least the times that I haved called)

Hope this helps.

Trying doing a search on President's Club and it should pull everything up.

clubman Mar 1, 2008 5:45 pm

Where are you based?

PeterPK Mar 1, 2008 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 9342389)
Where are you based?

Vienna, Austria - but the card was mailed from the UK.

PeterPK Mar 1, 2008 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by bthobe (Post 9342143)

That's the thing: I searched for Avis President's Club on Google and Avis' site, and there it very little information. It's like they are hiding the program on purpose, or maybe they are discontinuing it? In any case, I just found it strange that I did not get any kind of information with the card itself.

THE soni Mar 1, 2008 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by bthobe (Post 9342143)

Originally Posted by PeterPK (Post 9342842)
That's the thing: I searched for Avis President's Club on Google and Avis' site, and there it very little information.

I think bthobe meant doing a search on FT. Try this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=president

I found post #26 to be especially helpful. ;)

PeterPK Mar 1, 2008 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by THE soni (Post 9342917)
I think bthobe meant doing a search on FT. Try this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=president

I found post #26 to be especially helpful. ;)

Thanks! I somehow missed that thread. Post #26 is indeed very useful.

PeterPK Mar 2, 2008 7:16 am

I am still wondering why Avis would *not* disclose the details on President's Club and Chairman's Club on their website.

I can see myself renting at a location where they would not give me an upgrade (or honor any of the other benefits), and tell me to take the car they provide or go to Hertz. A printout of AVIS's website would probably help, but a printout of FT's board probably won't.

THE soni Mar 2, 2008 8:12 am

Originally Posted by PeterPK (Post 9344222)
I am still wondering why Avis would *not* disclose the details on President's Club and Chairman's Club on their website.

I can see myself renting at a location where they would not give me an upgrade (or honor any of the other benefits), and tell me to take the car they provide or go to Hertz. A printout of AVIS's website would probably help, but a printout of FT's board probably won't.

Well, I won't get into why they don't really get into these status levels on their website beyond saying they are invitation only and Avis probably doesn't want everybody knowing/calling about them.

As for the other benefits, I can tell you that using the AWD code that is automatically in my profile (the PC AWD) has consistently given me the best rates. Also upgrades are subject to availability as is, but if you show them your card (in case it's not already in your profile) they absolutely do know about PC and what they are supposed to provide. Although there might be a CSR somewhere out there who might not know something or other, it is highly unlikely that any station manager would not be trained in what is Avis's 2nd highest elite level.

But who knows... YMMV.

tom8mor Sep 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Presidents Club

Originally Posted by PeterPK (Post 9342001)
Hi - I just received my President's Club card, but *no* information about its benefits. It came with a letter that only talks about "Preferred" status, etc. The term "President's Club" is not mentioned once in the correspondence received with the card. Is that normal? I searched the AVIS website, and there is again no information on the President's Club benefits. Anyone know where to find that (official) info?

Thanks...

How do you qualify for Avis Presidents Club?

bkafrick Sep 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by tom8mor (Post 17087385)

Its an "Invitation Only" program. Depending on your corporate contract, they give out (and sell) this status to a number of people on the corporate contract (along with Chairman's Club).

There are also other ways to be in the program. Several credit cards (and I believe NetJet contacts) offer membership in Presidents Club.

There is no way to qualify simply by the number of rentals you have in a given period. It is not a loyalty program.

bluegrinch Oct 2, 2011 3:58 am

Originally Posted by tom8mor (Post 17087385)

In addition to bkafrick, I can add some airlines partner with Avis to issue a membership invitation to their most valuable customers (which isn't the same thing as their most frequent customers).