Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Avis First"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:45 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
"Avis First"

(forgive me if this has already been posted)

I wrote Avis an e-mail and copied my rental history. I was curious why even though I've had 20 rentals since August, I was not upgraded to Preferred Select.

I got an e-mail back from a customer service congratulating me that I've been upgraded to Preferred Select.

What's interesting is she forwarded the last e-mail from "Preferred Coordinator" informing her that I've been upgraded and to notify me:

Upgraded customer to Select today. He will receive a Select in
about 7-10 business days. Customer will be in the next pull which
will be from 01Oct05 to 31Mar07. The new program Avis First will be
announced Mid Feb. with the new rewards.
Any clue as to what this "Avis First" program is?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:07 pm

fascinating. avis first....sounds like part of the roadmap that everyone wanted. I mentioned as part of the CHM "pay your way in" programs they have been putting on....it looks like they are revamping the perferred program into something different. I am making a call to anyone who gets these types of hints to post em asap. It looks like a program in genesis.

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
(forgive me if this has already been posted)

I wrote Avis an e-mail and copied my rental history. I was curious why even though I've had 20 rentals since August, I was not upgraded to Preferred Select.

I got an e-mail back from a customer service congratulating me that I've been upgraded to Preferred Select.

What's interesting is she forwarded the last e-mail from "Preferred Coordinator" informing her that I've been upgraded and to notify me:

Any clue as to what this "Avis First" program is?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle
I thought this was about a new corporate slogan.

"Avis First, Customers Second"
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by emoney1978
I thought this was about a new corporate slogan.

"Avis First, Customers Second"
inventive, but unlikely...more like a bite on the Hertz #1 gold.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
See my post on this subject on 13 december Avis changes to Preferred Club.
In november last year I read in a UK mag called Buying Business Travel that it would be very likey there would be changes and enhancements to the programme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.