Wiki Posts
Search

List your upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Avis has Miatas???
They do in SEA. They had 3 of them (that I saw) all sitting in the upgrade aisle. Mine has CA tags. They are the power folding hard top edition. Pics below

Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by born sleepy
- Your status: First (Preferred Plus)
- Class Reserved: Full-size
- Car Assigned: Hyundai Tucson, which is terrible (no actual cars available; I would have gladly taken a Fusion Titanium hybrid)
- Car Selected: same, but I returned it the next day for being terrible and having a tire warning light on. Received a ginormous barge of Ford Expedition, which is nice but cost me $71 to fill up the other day with 1/4 tank still showing.

Every time I reserve a full-size, I never get an upgrade to Premium. It's always some kind of SUV, and I'd rather have an actual car.
Avis Presidents Circle here:

I have had this EXACT same experience. I've been renting weekly in SLC for 2 months, EVERY time I pick up there are NO upgrades. They are always "entirely sold out".

Of 2 weeks I had a terrible car, one with a leaking sunroof and another where the AC smelled awful, I was offered the Expedition or a 12 Person Conversion Van, nothing else available unless I looked on the app.. where all car classes were available...

Everywhere else, I usully get an upgrade, or at leat a better choice of cars. Thinking about writing into customer service at this point.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:19 pm

I guess Avis figured they got me and stop taking care of me. When I first signed up with Avis I think my first 10+ rentals are all upgrades. Now, the last 20+ rentals I get what I booked. Not complaining, just saying....
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Car Reserved: Full
Assigned: Ford Fusion
Requested / Received: Jeep Grand Cherokee (wallowing fuel glutton)
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PPlus, Hertz PC, Hilton & BW Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott & IHG Gold
Location: TPA (Blue side, or whatever side United Bag Claim is)
Car Reserved: Intermediate
Assigned/Received: Lincoln MKZ w/ red exterior XD

20K miles with FL plates, but hey, sunroof, leather, bluetooth, backup camera, 2.0L ecoboost... Just wish the interior wasn't black due to this Florida sun/heat! #Nitpicky
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:48 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Avis has Miatas???
SMF has a bunch, too.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by 1kIAH
They do in SEA. They had 3 of them (that I saw) all sitting in the upgrade aisle. Mine has CA tags. They are the power folding hard top edition. Pics below

Avis has Miatas???
Saw the same red hard top version at SNA. Too bad I had my family with me.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Car Reserved: Minivan (V)
Assigned: Ford Expedition EL (wallowing fuel glutton)
Requested / NOT Received: Actual minivan

Had family and luggage so needed seats and space, but did not want to navigate a huge boat around SoCal for 10 days. However, I'm guessing between the Special Olympics World Games and the Junior Olympics Water Polo Tournament I've never seen the LAX Avis lot so empty, including not a single minivan anywhere to be seen.

We kept it because no other local offices had one to swap and we got used to it; it was spacious, comfortable and drove better than expected (good turning radius, powerful engine, smooth ride) though refilling a 33.5 gallon tank was a new experience.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Car Reserved: compact (C)
Assigned: Fiat 500L
Requested / Received: something slightly bigger, received Renault Captur (J) diesel

Asked for a slightly bigger car since the luggage did not fit in the boot
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Avis CC, National Exec,Hertz PC, Ritz Carlton Gold
Hi,
I was wondering how is CLT in upgrades and service?
Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by jhokie
Hi,
I was wondering how is CLT in upgrades and service?
Thanks!
Been a bit since I've been there but it's usually pretty good. Their luxury/specialty selection is often limited (never seen an Infiniti/Escalades/MB/others in my visits) but they always give me selection of the lot. Sometimes it's a Caddi or Linc, other times it's an Explorer, Buick or Taurus. I was able to get an X5 about 5 months or so ago there.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PPlus, Hertz PC, Hilton & BW Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott & IHG Gold
Assigned: VW Passat TDI w/ Georgia plates (Black)
Received: Wrong VW Passat w/ Georgia plates (Black with similar but different plate numbers)

Didn't see the discrepancy until I'd left the airport. Had to return the car to Lakeland, FL as it was closer than TPA.

Ended up with: Chevy Impala Limited LTZ. Actually not a bad car, though a bit of a boat at times. I'll gripe to TPA on Monday as I'll be back again this coming week. Will be bringing the two contracts (Passat and Impala) as proof.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Car Reserved: Compact
Assigned: Dodge Charger SXT
Received: Dodge Charger SXT

Not sure what about this car makes it "Premium" as it has cloth seats or even XM. Not sure I can complain about a technical quadruple upgrade.

The cabin is quiet, and the ride is smooth, so it's not all bad.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:44 pm

Car Reserved: Subcompact
Assigned: Intermediate SUV
Received: Ford Escape 4WD (1805 Miles)

Was prettttty happy with this.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by wrightflyerB
Assigned: VW Passat TDI w/ Georgia plates (Black)
Avis has diesels now? I've always avoided VWs even though I like them because no USB for charging a phone (and playing music). Hmm!

This week at CVG:
Reserved: Premium
Assigned: a filthy Taurus with smeared windows and burger-bun crumbs and sesame seeds all over the seats.
Asked for an upgrade to a luxury but got the usual "sorry, none available" b.s. answer I get almost everywhere lately. Brushed off the seats and left highly annoyed.

I have another rental here next week so we'll see if any upgrade shenanigans happen again... and why are Avis cars always so dirty lately? I picked up an otherwise-nice Fusion last week at YYZ and the outside was covered in water stains and the windows were gross. It's like they don't give a sh*t anymore. Oh wait...

This keeps up I'm gonna start running the cars through a car wash and turn in the receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.