List your upgrades!

Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz 5*, Hilton Gold, SW A-List
Originally Posted by MisterOX
Reserved: Full
Received: Ford Edge Limited w/31k on the clock

Got out of the parking lot and the seat belt tension would not tighten. The vehicle was in very rough condition so I brought it back. Was swapped into a Ford Explorer Limited (with CA plates) with 21k on the clock, not in much better shape but did not have time to keep swapping cars.
I never have good luck with the Edges. It seems most are old, dirty and have been beat on. I was originally assigned one in Florida recently and it was too dirty for me so they swapped me into a Tahoe.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Impaul4
I never have good luck with the Edges. It seems most are old, dirty and have been beat on. I was originally assigned one in Florida recently and it was too dirty for me so they swapped me into a Tahoe.
Just as a counter-point, I've had 5 Edges this year. They've all been in very good to reasonably good shape, although one had dodgy Sync system (that finally cured itself by auto-rebooting). The mileages have been 22k, 17k, 13k, 4k, and 1,700 miles.

Or maybe BOS just has better luck with them
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:41 am

I quite like the Edges, though some are getting long in the tooth at this point.

Recently I was upgraded into a Lincoln Edge (MKX), which is badge engineering at its finest.

With less than 10k miles, the drivers door was already beginning to rust at the bottom.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:11 pm

Airport: DAL
Rented: Intermediate
Requested: Nothing
Received: GMC Yukon XL. Drove it 3 miles and returned it. Waaaaay too big for my taste (not because of gas but for size.) Traded in for a Challenger RT with 30k. It's kind of rough but still fun. I could have got the 4 door BMW 5 series.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Date: 10/8/2013
Airport: YYZ
Received: Chrysler 300S

The AVIS garage was cleaned out, except for literally 20 Chrysler 300's... I asked for the S model (sport?) just because it was different than the others. Still had 19000km on it though.

Nothing in the Exchange&Go spaces. Nothing in the Upgrade spaces either.

Bizarre.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Date: 10/8/2013
Airport: YYZ
Received: Chrysler 300S

The AVIS garage was cleaned out, except for literally 20 Chrysler 300's... I asked for the S model (sport?) just because it was different than the others. Still had 19000km on it though.

Nothing in the Exchange&Go spaces. Nothing in the Upgrade spaces either.

Bizarre.
This is how DAL was when I arrived. Apart from a few BMW's it was all Yukons, Suburbans, 2 Explorers and a ton of minivans. Both upgrade and exchange was cleaned out.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Impaul4
It's been hit or miss for me depending on the location. I've had some brand new ones and some very old ones.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Delta Gold Medallion
Assigned: GMC Yukon XL
Requested & Received: Ford Taurus Limited
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Requested: Something with manufacturer installed GPS and big enough to hold a set of golf clubs or two.
Received: Lincoln Navigator. Working SiriusXM, GPS. Loaded to the gills with options. It was exactly what I needed.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Requested: Something with manufacturer installed GPS and big enough to hold a set of golf clubs or two.
Received: Lincoln Navigator. Working SiriusXM, GPS. Loaded to the gills with options. It was exactly what I needed.
I had one waiting for me when I got to CMH on Monday. However, my coworker (who travels ~2x/yr with me) is a Mustang buff, so we swapped it for a Pony car for him to drive for 2 days .

When I dropped him off at the airport today, I swapped it for a loaded MKS. This one has a butt massager, which I haven't seen in a Linc before. Quite nice!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:12 am

I was just going to ask a question about this topic.

Do most Avis locations offer a complimentary upgrade?

My status is Avis Preferred.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 17jwblue17
Do most Avis locations offer a complimentary upgrade?
No

Originally Posted by 17jwblue17
My status is Avis Preferred.
Preferred is not a status. All it is is a registration on their website so you can skip the counter at some airport locations.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Had an LCar reservation at GNV. Due to a tech error they were having with reservations they had to write me a new one on the spot. The agent was extremely kind but this location always seems to have hiccups

Offered:
Cadillac XTS (was rough)
BMW 3 Series (girls car lol)
BMW 5 Series (couldnt get it to price correctly)
Chrysler 300 Limited

I was indifferent between the 300 and the 528i for my use and the condition of each car so went with the 300. Grey with Black leather, chrome wheels, factory nav etc 19k miles on it and pretty clean minus the touch free car wash wear on it lol Averaged around 28 MPG of harder highway driving. Still one of my preferred choices.

EDIT: Guess I should be happy for this hiccup, just called up to have my codes correctly added and got approx $50 off instead of the $15 or 20 it should have been, very thankful

Last edited by bmw745ion19s; Oct 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
Date: 9/20
Offered: Hyundai Genesis or Lincoln
Requested & Received: Ford Mustang 8700 miles work Sirius XM
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Anyone been in a Genesis Coupe yet? Supposedly, I've got one assigned/waiting for me when my flight gets in. I've not seen them on the Avis lot yet, but I'm hoping it's decent... the sedans that I've seen lately seemed to all be getting pretty rough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.