Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > Avis | Preferred
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 1, 04, 11:43 am   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Da Triangle (RDU)
Programs: CO Plat, DL Gold, US Sliver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez, Avis First
Posts: 75
Avis Elite Levels?

I'm being forced to rent from Avis b/c of our corp. travel policy (funny how Cendant who owns our TA also owns Avis!). Anyway, I was Presidents Circle with Hertz, but I was told Avis doesn't have an equivalent, so I was comped Avis Select (which seems like a joke based on the postings here)

Question is, do I have this right?

Hertz Five Star is equivalent to Avis Preferred Select
Req: ~15 Rentals a Year
Benefits: Available in class upgrades

Hertz Presidents Circle is equivalent to Avis Presidents Club
Req Hertz: ~40 Rentals a Year
Req Avis: Invite only to Company CEOs
Benefits Hertz: Garanteed Class Upgrade
Benefits Avis: ??

Last edited by FqtFlyer; Oct 2, 04 at 3:32 pm.. Reason: clarified my question
FqtFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 04, 5:37 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: everywhere
Posts: 5,893
Yes, I think that is correct.

They have sub-tiers on their computers for Preferred Select status.
everywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 04, 10:25 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pasadena, TX USA
Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by FqtFlyer
Do I have this right?

Hertz Five Star = Avis Preferred Select - (10+ Rentals a Year)
Hertz Five Star = N/A - (40+ Rentals a Year)
N/A = Avis Presidents Club - (Company CEO)
Almost:
I think AVIS PS is 18 rentals?
Hertz Plat = Avis Presidents Club (Both by invite only)

Join the club of X-Hertz (and X-Happy) Avis corporate refugees- Your upgrading days are over!

Last edited by CraigS; Oct 1, 04 at 10:28 pm..
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 04, 1:41 am   #4
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: everywhere
Posts: 5,893
Preferred Select Program

Qualify by renting 15 times within an 18-month period. States Benefits include one class upgrades [when available]

http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...red_signup.jsp
everywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 04, 12:02 am   #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: los angeles,ca,us
Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
Posts: 114
Avis Presidents Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FqtFlyer
I'm being forced to rent from Avis b/c of our corp. travel policy (funny how Cendant who owns our TA also owns Avis!). Anyway, I was Presidents Circle with Hertz, but I was told Avis doesn't have an equivalent, so I was comped Avis Select (which seems like a joke based on the postings here)

Question is, do I have this right?

Hertz Five Star is equivalent to Avis Preferred Select
Req: ~15 Rentals a Year
Benefits: Available in class upgrades

Hertz Presidents Circle is equivalent to Avis Presidents Club
Req Hertz: ~40 Rentals a Year
Req Avis: Invite only to Company CEOs
Benefits Hertz: Garanteed Class Upgrade
Benefits Avis: ??

Pres Club (Avis) Onlyby invitation - guaranteed double upgrade.
limamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 04, 6:09 am   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 24,539
Yes President's Club is invitation only and you get a double upgrade *based on availability* in the US. In Europe it only officially gets you a single upgrade, but when the staff uses their discretion you basically get the best available car.

But the highest elite level is Chairmans Club which is pretty much just for CEO's of big companies. My old boss was in Chairmans Club as the CEO of a company with a billion in revenue.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 04, 6:22 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pasadena, TX USA
Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
My old boss was in Chairmans Club as the CEO of a company with a billion in revenue.
Do CEOs drive cars? Mine is driven both to and from work every day and I don't think anything but a limo would work out of town. I guess on the slim chance that one drives themselves, I would think they would just rent a Caddy and not count on a upgrade....
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 04, 6:27 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pasadena, TX USA
Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by limamike
Pres Club (Avis) Onlyby invitation - guaranteed double upgrade.
Then where is Hertz plat fit in? Its their top tier status level.
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 04, 7:17 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 24,539
It's really not apples to apples and within Hertz there are codes that constitute other elite levels as well. For instance with the Amex Centurion card, you get guaranteed TRIPLE upgrades (based on availability) at Hertz in the US. I had to show the printed letter from the President of Hertz to get the Hertz staff at LAX to believe this when it first started.

I rarely use Hertz, but the last time I did was pretty funny. The lady at the Gold booth in SJC pulled up my reservation and said "Wow. It says here I have to give you whatever car you want, or you can have me fired."
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 04, 3:45 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, MR SLVR, HH GLD, etc.
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's really not apples to apples and within Hertz there are codes that constitute other elite levels as well. For instance with the Amex Centurion card, you get guaranteed TRIPLE upgrades (based on availability) at Hertz in the US. I had to show the printed letter from the President of Hertz to get the Hertz staff at LAX to believe this when it first started.

I rarely use Hertz, but the last time I did was pretty funny. The lady at the Gold booth in SJC pulled up my reservation and said "Wow. It says here I have to give you whatever car you want, or you can have me fired."
That's really interesting - and to think all this time I have been renting from Budget and National.
kdog311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 04, 4:04 pm   #11
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigS
Then where is Hertz plat fit in? Its their top tier status level.
Hertz Platinum = Avis Chairman's.

But also read Stimpy's post above.
auh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 04, 12:19 am   #12
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFO
Programs: UA & SPG
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by auh2o
Hertz Platinum = Avis Chairman's.

But also read Stimpy's post above.
What does it take to get an invitation into the President's Club?
mshafrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 04, 12:29 am   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshafrir
What does it take to get an invitation into the President's Club?
Not sure if this appplys here or not, but being a member of www.usaa.com gives you immediate access to the platinum and within the first 5 rentals. all in one month when i was deployed, i got accepted into the presidental club. so maybe its a set number of rentals a month, in my case 5. maybe it varys?
sundrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 04, 2:20 pm   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 16,518
*SIGH*

I too was a Pres. Circle Hertz memeber...and now forced to rent Avis

__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS
annerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 04, 7:19 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pasadena, TX USA
Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Posts: 589
I'll Say It One More Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerj
*SIGH*

I too was a Pres. Circle Hertz memeber...and now forced to rent Avis

Join the club of X-Hertz (and X-Happy) Avis corporate refugees- Your upgrading days are over!
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:17 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.