Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by meshugener
Huh? "a very misleading and useless list"?
What exactly is "misleading" here? his rates are probably based on his experience, if you don't agree with one of the ratings, point them out and explain why! Dont post blanket statements without any basis.
And more: what in the world is "useless" here? I just saved money on a rental after trying a few AWDs and coupons. that's "useless" in your eyes??
As I am sure Bob1008 will agree, just blindly trying AWD numbers and coupon codes, a person is inviting problems. Without knowing which companies or associations are linked to what AWD numbers, a person has no way of knowing which numbers might be heavily restricted, or which numbers might require ID as part of the rate requirements. Just because a person gets away with using an AWD, because an Avis employee does not do their job properly, does not mean that same person will not get caught the next time. Any Avis employee at any time can ask a simple question which will invalidate the rental, such as, do you have your business card or company ID? Do you have your Costco membership card?

Of course, this will happen at the worst time, such as family vacation, with the kids cranky and needing to go to bed, and there you are, having your $238 weekly rental invalidated, and all of a sudden, the best available is $716 for the same week, and then, when you accept, the authorization (for triple the rental amount) will be put on your card, and then when you get to the hotel, there will not be enough room on your card for the hotel authorization, and pretty soon, you will be getting a divorce. Think this is crazy? Believe me, it is not, I have seen (all except the divorce part) it happen.

So, yes, Bob1008 is correct, that long list of AWD numbers (without the accompanying company or association info) and coupon codes (without full date and term information) is a very misleading and useless list.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:15 am

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32051/28.4200; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Originally Posted by USirritated
Originally Posted by meshugener
Huh? "a very misleading and useless list"?
What exactly is "misleading" here? his rates are probably based on his experience, if you don't agree with one of the ratings, point them out and explain why! Dont post blanket statements without any basis.
And more: what in the world is "useless" here? I just saved money on a rental after trying a few AWDs and coupons. that's "useless" in your eyes??
As I am sure Bob1008 will agree, just blindly trying AWD numbers and coupon codes, a person is inviting problems. Without knowing which companies or associations are linked to what AWD numbers, a person has no way of knowing which numbers might be heavily restricted, or which numbers might require ID as part of the rate requirements. Just because a person gets away with using an AWD, because an Avis employee does not do their job properly, does not mean that same person will not get caught the next time. Any Avis employee at any time can ask a simple question which will invalidate the rental, such as, do you have your business card or company ID? Do you have your Costco membership card?

Of course, this will happen at the worst time, such as family vacation, with the kids cranky and needing to go to bed, and there you are, having your $238 weekly rental invalidated, and all of a sudden, the best available is $716 for the same week, and then, when you accept, the authorization (for triple the rental amount) will be put on your card, and then when you get to the hotel, there will not be enough room on your card for the hotel authorization, and pretty soon, you will be getting a divorce. Think this is crazy? Believe me, it is not, I have seen (all except the divorce part) it happen.

So, yes, Bob1008 is correct, that long list of AWD numbers (without the accompanying company or association info) and coupon codes (without full date and term information) is a very misleading and useless list.
Oh, if that's something that might result in divorce, you have other problems to deal with...

On a serious note, he could just (as you did) post a warning what might happen in some rare instances if you don't know the corp name. It doesn't make it "useless" or "misleading".
Mr. Sam probably worked hard to consolidate all codes here, and he did a wonderful job.
Totally unacceptable to bash someone like this.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:15 pm

Wow, amazing how some people on here are just so unthankful and so impolite

Thank you Sam for compiling the list, and for posting it here.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of any codes that are good for DME airport in Moscow? Cheapest I can find for even a small car is Ł129, around $200 for 3 days. I've tried various codes, but no luck so far.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of any codes that are good for DME airport in Moscow? Cheapest I can find for even a small car is Ł129, around $200 for 3 days. I've tried various codes, but no luck so far.
One of these should work for you:
K851000 Hhonors
G417900 Kellwood Travel
D833357 American Association of Travel Agents
A074800 Citicorp Leisure Travel
A108303 Costco
A126900 Lockheed Martin Corporate
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:25 pm

A new (i think) AWD that I got through an Avis iphone app:

S754600

seems to knock off about 20% on any avis site.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by dmpcs
A new (i think) AWD that I got through an Avis iphone app:

S754600

seems to knock off about 20% on any avis site.
Knock 20% off what on what Avis sites?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:45 pm

X018184

Hello all!
First time poster in this forum - thanks to you all for the very helpful information thus far.
I've been trying to find a deal for an upcoming rental with Avis, and came across this code: X018184
Could anyone clarify if they know if this is a coupon code available for everyone's use or if it's a corporate code?

Cheers!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by IcedUpSquirrel
Hello all!
First time poster in this forum - thanks to you all for the very helpful information thus far.
I've been trying to find a deal for an upcoming rental with Avis, and came across this code: X018184
Could anyone clarify if they know if this is a coupon code available for everyone's use or if it's a corporate code?

Cheers!
Almost all AWD numbers (begin with ONE LETTER, are NOT coupon codes) are either corporate or association numbers. A relative few are for the general public. Some AWD, which stands for Avis Worldwide Discount, are usable for the public, such as hotel loyalty program AWDs, airline frequent flyer AWDs, public association AWDs (such as AAA), or buyer program AWDs (such as Costco or BJ's Wholesale), trade association AWDs (such as the American Bar Association or National Association of REALTORS), or some other RELATIVELY public company/association/group, etc. Other AWDs are much more restrictive, and just about every AWD is subject to ID, upon request by an Avis team member, but the risk of ID request is fairly low to almost non-existent.

There are a few AWD numbers which are very risky to use without proper ID, because of the high discount afforded by that AWD number, and the high abuse, such as state and federal employee AWDs, and expensive membership programs, such as NetJets/Marquis Jets. The easiest AWDs to FAIL on are credit card associated AWD numbers, which give a good discount at time of reserving online, but then do not work at time of rental, because the attempted user does not have the credit card associated with that AWD, and in order to use that AWD, the subject credit card must also be used too.

In general, most reasonable people would consider any AWD which is unknown (meaning not knowing what company/association/group/credit card it is tied to) to be fairly to very risky, even though the actual chance of getting caught using a VERBOTEN AWD to be fairly small.

I hope that helps you, and others. If I have left anything out, I welcome comments and additions from others.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:00 am

Picking up in SF -using A126900 Lockheed Martin Corporate

I googled it - anyone ever have an issue?

TIA.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fatwallet has a recent thread with TUEA002 free 2 weekend days code.
It is legit or simply reward redemption that would require a cert of some sort? It did allow me to book without avis account.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1264086/
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by azepine00
It is legit or simply reward redemption that would require a cert of some sort? It did allow me to book without avis account.

I just booked a weekend in Vegas. Compact for $14. Hopefully it sticks.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by azepine00

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I just booked a weekend in Vegas. Compact for $14. Hopefully it sticks.
"TUEA002 - 2 Reward Weekend Days "

Hope you have a reward certificate to present.

Ron.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Got $2 rental. Doesn't look like a redemption (as I'm logged in) but is the elite benefit.
Also, since it uses the coupon code, who should i try to earn points with?
can i not get the club carlson bonus?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by travelisfree
Got $2 rental. Doesn't look like a redemption (as I'm logged in) but is the elite benefit.
Also, since it uses the coupon code, who should i try to earn points with?
can i not get the club carlson bonus?
Now there's an example of someone who truly does want something for nothing, actually something for less than nothing! Geez!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.