Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:56 pm

BABS cannot tell you. I am LM retired and have used it multiple times.
Never asked as I am Avis Prefered and just walk to my car.

You can give it a try and if questioned, just pay a different rate or go prefered.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by babsjvd
wow, saves me alot in Tucson. anyone know how strict avis is with id from lockheed? Lockheed has a branch in Tucson. any input is appreciated!

Babs
It probably will not come up, but if it does, you can always say you are an independent contractor or a consultant or similar, which/who of course would not have corporate ID from Lockheed.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC
Does anyone have a discount code for a rental in Chile?

Flying into SCL but will likely not pick up a car until we leave Santiago and return it to SCL on the day we leave.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:22 pm

Has anybody tried to book via the Capital One Rewards portal (powered by Travelocity)?

I am looking for an itermediate vehicle for next week:

- Using my corporate discount number the rental comes out at $226;
- USAA brings it down to $224;
- Avis.com lists the reservation, without coupons at $254; same with Travelocity;

CapitalOne Rewards has the same rental for $107.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by docr775
Has anybody tried to book via the Capital One Rewards portal (powered by Travelocity)?

I am looking for an itermediate vehicle for next week:

- Using my corporate discount number the rental comes out at $226;
- USAA brings it down to $224;
- Avis.com lists the reservation, without coupons at $254; same with Travelocity;

CapitalOne Rewards has the same rental for $107.
Are you a Capital One Rewards member, or can anyone (seemingly) use that site to book car rentals?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:00 pm

You have to have one of their Reward credit cards or checking accounts. I have a small biz Rewards checking account with them for one of my companies.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:08 pm

You have to have one of their Reward credit cards or checking accounts. I have a small biz Rewards checking account with them for one of my companies.
So why the hesitation? That is a KICK-A** rate! Use the heck out of it and make the rest of us jealous!

ADD EDIT: Just print out the confirmation to take with you, and if you are really worried, after you have made the rez, call Avis rez line and confirm the terms of the rez you made, and then note the name and ext. or employee number of who you talked with.

Last edited by USirritated; Jan 25, 2013 at 6:10 pm Reason: ADD EDIT
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:29 pm

Thank you for the advice. I already did it. However it took a few phone calls to add my wizard number to the reservation.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:40 pm

Thank you for the advice. I already did it. However it took a few phone calls to add my wizard number to the reservation.
Hey, I never said that the rez process would be user friendly, I just said that it is an outstanding rate!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:35 pm

A lot of their rates are extremely low - up to 60% off of what I can find via the normal channels and they seem to be heavily skewed towards Avis/Budget. For those here that have access to CapOne Rewards portal, the rates are a steal.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A lot of their rates are extremely low - up to 60% off of what I can find via the normal channels and they seem to be heavily skewed towards Avis/Budget. For those here that have access to CapOne Rewards portal, the rates are a steal.
I'm searching rentals in my area and don't see anything that is close to a discounted rate - just full price or even higher.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'm searching rentals in my area and don't see anything that is close to a discounted rate - just full price or even higher.
Just what is "full price" for a car rental, and if a rate is already full price, then how could it be higher than full price?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by USirritated
Just what is "full price" for a car rental, and if a rate is already full price, then how could it be higher than full price?
Full price is normal retail without any discount, ie 350-450 per week.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:50 am

Full price is normal retail without any discount, ie 350-450 per week.
Sorry, but that does not even make sense, since many locations have widely variable rates, depending on supply and demand, before discounts have been applied. There are locations where the base rates are less than $200 for a week, and other locations where the base rates are more than $500 for a week, and everything in between.

Even at the same location, with reservations made a week or weeks apart, again without discounts, can be much different. The renter who made the reservation two months in advance might get a weekly rate of $225, while the renter who made the reservation two weeks in advance might get a rate of $450, simply because in between, 80% of the inventory for those same dates at that location has been reserved, thereby causing the increase of the base rate, with no discounts or coupons applied.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:14 am

I guess it all depends on the market. The ones I priced for IAD, IND and CRW for the next 3 weeks are almost 50% or less than Avis.com using my usual discounts.

I looked at rentals in your neck of the woods - I am thinking FLL based upon your screen name, and you are right they came in at about the same price. Actually the prepaid rate on Avis.com is a little lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.