Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by bocastephen
How to avoid airport taxes and concession fees at LAX - instead of inputing LAX as your rental location, use Manchester CA (QB9) on Arbor Vitae Rd - this is the same physical location as LAX, but for some reason Avis has a local location here which avoids the airport fees.
I tried finding this location, and my search turned up a bunch of locations around SFO
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I tried finding this location, and my search turned up a bunch of locations around SFO
As you start typing "Los Angeles" into the location box, the list should start populating and you'll see the location show up towards the bottom.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
why not just make a test booking and compare?
I wasn't trying to imply it wasn't true.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
How to avoid airport taxes and concession fees at LAX - instead of inputing LAX as your rental location, use Manchester CA (QB9) on Arbor Vitae Rd - this is the same physical location as LAX, but for some reason Avis has a local location here which avoids the airport fees.
Completely confused.

I don't understand the reference to Manchester - as that sends me off to locations in/around Santa Rose, and the QB9 seems to be wrong. [ah, when you start by asking for Q9L it comes up with "Manchester-Q9L" although the initial dropdown has Los Angeles.]

When I start with "Los Angeles" what I'm seeing on my dropdown is "5740 Arbor Vitae Street, Los Angeles, CA - (Q9L).

But - here's the kicker - my pickup for LAX on 12/25 went through fine, but when I select Q9L I'm told the location is closed due to the holiday!!

I also note that the official address for LAX is 9217 Airport Blvd, which is a block or so west of 5740 Arbor Vitae St. Both show up as "Avis" on Google maps. Are these actually physically the same location?? From my experience the shuttle buses drop you at 9217 Airport Blvd., which puts you not where you'd need to be for the Arbor Vitae location.

Last edited by milepig; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:25 am
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by milepig
Completely confused.

I don't understand the reference to Manchester - as that sends me off to locations in/around Santa Rose, and the QB9 seems to be wrong. [ah, when you start by asking for Q9L it comes up with "Manchester-Q9L" although the initial dropdown has Los Angeles.]

When I start with "Los Angeles" what I'm seeing on my dropdown is "5740 Arbor Vitae Street, Los Angeles, CA - (Q9L).

But - here's the kicker - my pickup for LAX on 12/25 went through fine, but when I select Q9L I'm told the location is closed due to the holiday!!

I also note that the official address for LAX is 9217 Airport Blvd, which is a block or so west of 5740 Arbor Vitae St. Both show up as "Avis" on Google maps. Are these actually physically the same location>
The Arbor Vitae location is the Manchester/QB9 location - not sure why it's not showing correctly on your drop-down list, but this is the location that should "waive" the airport-specific taxes/fees.

When I originally checked on Google Maps, they appeared to be the same spot, but now I see they are 1 block apart (barely 1/4 mile). It looks like the easiest way to get there is take the Avis shuttle and walk about 5 minutes over, or take the Dollar shuttle which will drop almost next door. The location has different hours than LAX, so it really is a different physical location - but it should work for most folks, especially if you can do a 1-way from QB9 to LAX to drop at the shuttle stop and ride back to the terminal.

The only question is the cars - if you're a preferred or presidents member, what cars will they have on hand for you...but given the usually terrible upgrade process and attitude at the LAX location and that silly Select-and-Go system, you might find equivalent cars at QB9, especially if you call first and develop any rapport with the agent.

On a longer rental of a week or more, the savings could be significant - I guess you could pick up a not-so-nice car at QB9, then drive over to LAX to do an exchange and find something better.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The Arbor Vitae location is the Manchester/QB9 location - not sure why it's not showing correctly on your drop-down list, but this is the location that should "waive" the airport-specific taxes/fees.

When I originally checked on Google Maps, they appeared to be the same spot, but now I see they are 1 block apart (barely 1/4 mile). It looks like the easiest way to get there is take the Avis shuttle and walk about 5 minutes over, or take the Dollar shuttle which will drop almost next door. The location has different hours than LAX, so it really is a different physical location - but it should work for most folks, especially if you can do a 1-way from QB9 to LAX to drop at the shuttle stop and ride back to the terminal.

The only question is the cars - if you're a preferred or presidents member, what cars will they have on hand for you...but given the usually terrible upgrade process and attitude at the LAX location and that silly Select-and-Go system, you might find equivalent cars at QB9, especially if you call first and develop any rapport with the agent.

On a longer rental of a week or more, the savings could be significant - I guess you could pick up a not-so-nice car at QB9, then drive over to LAX to do an exchange and find something better.
QB9 is not a valid AVIS location, and when I enter it as a location I get an error. The code is:

5740 Arbor Vitae Street, Los Angeles, CA-(Q9L)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by milepig
QB9 is not a valid AVIS location, and when I enter it as a location I get an error. The code is:

5740 Arbor Vitae Street, Los Angeles, CA-(Q9L)
Sorry! Not sure why I couldn't read that on my computer screen properly, but thanks for the correction.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:58 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Have you done this yet? I tried this at ILM/Wilmington, NC, as their staging location is a mile from the airport. Since I live locally, picking my car up there wasn't going to be a problem. I got there & they told me that they don't rent cars there, no matter what my booking/the internet states. They directed me to the airport where I was charged all the usual fees. After bickering with Avis Customer Service a few times after the rental (they are a franchise, so they kind of do what they want), I just went to my credit card and had it fixed.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Have you done this yet? I tried this at ILM/Wilmington, NC, as their staging location is a mile from the airport. Since I live locally, picking my car up there wasn't going to be a problem. I got there & they told me that they don't rent cars there, no matter what my booking/the internet states. They directed me to the airport where I was charged all the usual fees. After bickering with Avis Customer Service a few times after the rental (they are a franchise, so they kind of do what they want), I just went to my credit card and had it fixed.
Not yet, but I'm still playing with codes that offer miles on a one-way rental - once I get that settled, I will book here in December. I guess I can solve the mystery by giving them a call...which I'll do right now and report back.

Edited....they close Saturday at 4pm...I'll try again tomorrow.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by serialportme
Any word on this on? Great savings, but I want to know if its safe...

it is P271899
Also wondering where this came from, it's giving a really good rate.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:40 am

If you search the thread for P271899, you will see several posts that state it is an Avis corporate code. Hope that helps.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:59 pm

Putting the Manchester/LA thing to rest - I spoke with the location and they confirmed they are a local Avis shop and do rent cars separate from the LAX location down the street. They have no airport shuttle (or pickup/dropoff) and limited weekend hours, but other than that, they are a legitimate location for those with longer rentals who want to dump the airport fees/taxes.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:36 am

using P271899

Hi,

I would like to use the above code and worrying if AVIS will give a hard time. Do they request some form of an ID to confirm this? or do I need not to worry? I am renting from LAX. Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:13 pm

Looking for weekly rental in NYC 12/22 to 12/29. The rate is $385 using the Deloitte code (A442100) and about $20 less using HP code (A515100). Is one of these (HP vs. Deloitte) generally considered safer and more/less likely to get asked for ID? Or should I be fine with either? NYC Avis locations have cracked down on the FL code, but I'm not sure it's the case with other codes.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by hazgirl
Looking for weekly rental in NYC 12/22 to 12/29. The rate is $385 using the Deloitte code (A442100) and about $20 less using HP code (A515100). Is one of these (HP vs. Deloitte) generally considered safer and more/less likely to get asked for ID? Or should I be fine with either? NYC Avis locations have cracked down on the FL code, but I'm not sure it's the case with other codes.
Welcome to Flyertalk (you seem to have been a lurker for quite a while ) Congratulations on your first post!
Generally i would think HP is famous so........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.