Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by brian113
I tried a handful of codes and got the following rates for a 6-day rental of an intermediate on Grand Cayman:

No code, plus a few codes that were useless: $269.94 USD

D005297: $242.95 USD

Then I get this ... K444404: $134.97 USD

Will that rate send up a red flag to the clerk at the desk?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!! Check this thread for details. Also, in the future you can use the search feature on the top of the page. It's not the most user-friendly thing (or even close) but if you put in your AWD code, it is usually good at finding the posts.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
AWD with LDW Insurance included

G624400 is a code that will give you free LDW insurance included with your rentals - tried it this week and it popped up on the contract with no restrictions! I guess if you have to buy LDW insurance anyway, this is a good bargain. I've heard that you can accompoany this AWD with a good rate code (that you can get from inputting beforehand, another AWD that has better rates) and take the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Insiderdude; Jun 11, 2008 at 8:47 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:55 pm

So what of you sign up fpr the avis preferred or whtever the bypass program is and use the employee code? has anyone had any luck with that. Funny thing, I didn't bother to check this site and bought a code off of ebay. It turned out to be the employee code and when I went to get the car they asked for id. If i was able to bypass her it might have worked. any help would be appreciated. I am going from Vegas to LAX area one way and I need a minivan for the fam.

Oh yeah, so the way I found out was I had originally booked the trip above, for July, and then booked another trip the same way but different date, for June. I called avis to see about an additional driver for the July trip and add my NWA FF#. The response was that the july vegas to cali trip confirmation would need a CC to change anything. No problem, i thought I was all set, then I went to vegas last weekend and that was when it happened.

So what happens now? Would you think I could get the car on this tecnicallity where they are going to charge me if I cancel same day right, but I want the car at the rate I got? I am not sure what to do? I will have a back up plan since I will be traveling with my wife and kids.

Last edited by Stlee714; Jun 12, 2008 at 10:23 pm
Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ngfan
Seems to be the first case that K444404 raised flags. I used it in Germany several times at major airport stations and was never asked to provide ID although the contract always showed a 40% discount. CDW, airport fees and unlimited mileage always included.
i second that ! almost an year of regular use in spain,germany and austria - no issues whatsoever ...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by pepsii
i second that ! almost an year of regular use in spain,germany and austria - no issues whatsoever ...
Although I do see that using this AWD number sometimes increases the liability insurance charge upwards 300%.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
LDW Included

Call me overly risk averse, but I've been wary of using codes that "include LDW". I can see that aspect negating the credit card insurance (that requires one to "decline" insurance) and, if later challenged on use of the code, becoming reliant on own insurance. When someone "has never had a problem" that sounds like "I've never gotten a ticket for speeding but do it all the time." Does anyone have knowledge if credit card insurers view the "decline" requirement being met even when the rental was initially with a LDW included code? In the past, ezmoney noted that if pressed Avis can provide quite a history to the insurer.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:29 am

Newbie Question....Help???

Question: Has anyone who is signed up for the My Avis or Preferred Avis program used the employee code to rent, bypassing the desk, been successful?
Old Jun 15, 2008, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Warrenlm
Call me overly risk averse, but I've been wary of using codes that "include LDW". I can see that aspect negating the credit card insurance (that requires one to "decline" insurance) and, if later challenged on use of the code, becoming reliant on own insurance. When someone "has never had a problem" that sounds like "I've never gotten a ticket for speeding but do it all the time." Does anyone have knowledge if credit card insurers view the "decline" requirement being met even when the rental was initially with a LDW included code? In the past, ezmoney noted that if pressed Avis can provide quite a history to the insurer.
I agree with your concern about insurance, but I believe your reasonig may be flawed. I think many people don't understand that standard credit card rental insurance is secondary, and only activates after all your other insurance possibilities have been exhausted. I believe that the card companies can give this for free because it's essentially worthless. I'd bet that 75%+ of auto renters have personal auto policies that they are required to file a claim with first, before the credit card company.
The code I use most often (G417900) has LDW included, I still buy the extra primary coverage from Amex on every rental. I'm paying for additional insurance from Amex just in case there is an LDW issue. By the way, I have had 2 accidents in the past with this code and the LDW took care of everything without an issue. That being said. I still feel it's worth the $20 per rental, (not per day)to buy Amex Premium Insurance as backup, and know for certain that I do not have to go to my personal insurance company (or my pocket) in the event of an accident.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I rented a car from Avis in Australia in March 2007 using N744100, which I had gotten from British Airways & lowered my "excess" ( =deductible) from the normal A$2500++ to A$1000++. I scraped the fenders against wooden stumps too short to see , so upon return they charged me A$1240 incl. GST, airport concession fee, & 1 other tax.
Back in the USA I filed a claim with DC, which denied it on grounds that I had "accepted" the automatically included LDW !
Old Jun 15, 2008, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pepsii
It was picked up at Zurich City Office, not ZRH - dont know if that makes any difference.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Just remember that code comes with only 100 miles a day IIRC
gleff:

You are referring to hotlguy's post: ....Just saying thank you to the person who posted the k444404 code. It worked like magic for me a 40% discount on my MUC Audi A6 rental for 4 days including everything only €147...

That's what I found out:

-rentals in the US come with only 100 miles/day
-rentals in Europe have unlimited mileage
Your quote includes: Local Tax (TAX), Vehicle Registration Fee (VRF),
Airport/city/other surcharge, Unlimited Mileage

-I have a President's Club card. When I change the AWD to 444404 my Wizard # is gone. The reservation does not show on the Avis "Reservation List"! So, I called the President's Club Reservation and asked to add my Wizard #. The agent did and told me, that the reservation changed to "my AWD" and was (much) more expensive ... told her to leave the reservation without Wizard # .. and she did.... checked it at http://www.avisworld.com

Was that prudent? And is it ethical to use a (phony) AWD? Any advise .... thanks. The reservation is in FRA and I have to go to the counter anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:27 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by USAFAN
-I have a President's Club card. When I change the AWD to 444404 my Wizard # is gone. The reservation does not show on the Avis "Reservation List"! So, I called the President's Club Reservation and asked to add my Wizard #. The agent did and told me, that the reservation changed to "my AWD" and was (much) more expensive ... told her to leave the reservation without Wizard # .. and she did.... checked it at http://www.avisworld.com

Was that prudent? And is it ethical to use a (phony) AWD? Any advise .... thanks. The reservation is in FRA and I have to go to the counter anyway.
The process to follow is to leave your wizard number off the reservation. When you get to the airport, go to the Preferred booth and have them manually add your PC #. You will then be given a couple of car choices based on what is available. It's quite painless.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:07 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
The process to follow is to leave your wizard number off the reservation. When you get to the airport, go to the Preferred booth and have them manually add your PC #. You will then be given a couple of car choices based on what is available. It's quite painless.
Actually, when I find a AWD code that gets a great discount but is not compatible with my wizard number, I just change the AWD code in my profile to the new one, make the reservation, then switch my profile AWD code back. Works like a charm and all my reservations show up fine with "preferred status confirmed for this rental".
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:31 am

Mrp Alert & Savage25:

Thanks! Great advise from both of you. I don't expect any problems. I have had good service from Avis in the past ... that's the reason I use them again & again. Another company in Europe with good service and nice cars is Sixt.
There was a discussion on this board regarding insurance. For car rentals in Europe I always use use my Visa CC. Some American CCs have insurance coverage in the US and some exclude Italy and other countries.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:59 am

Employee Discount Code

i just used the employee discount code in canada, and it worked while booking but they do check when you pick up your car to see if you are an employee. so in that case, the discount didnt work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.