Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:08 am

Does anyone have a good code for Dublin for 13 days? Also, does Avis charge extra for going into Northern Ireland? Thx. The codes that I keep trying appear not to work in Ireland for some reason... tried Costco, Hilton, several others.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by flwrlover1
Does anyone have a good code for Dublin for 13 days?
Good luck. Dublin is a huge rip off for car rentals.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Data point: Used E888804 on one of my previous rentals, worked like a charm!
FYI, it is for Hon circle but shows as "weekend special" on most of the GDS
Its a good discount.

Whats the origin of the code?
Looking for something in the UK for Dec/Jan
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
So I was the person who was denied at LAX for B270898 earlier this year. This time, I'm using A515100 and trying again (on a similarly unusual one way, but out of a different location). Will keep everyone posted.

BTW - B270898 worked for me as well and was the same price as the above.

Never had a problem with A515100
Myself and Colleagues use it all the time
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nattino
Hi all, thanks for sharing the code, it helps me save tremendously on a 2-day rental. Just have a quick question, my credit card is not expired but I keep getting this message:

“NOTE: The credit card information on your My Avis account has expired. You will need to stop at the rental counter. Or to ensure that you receive Avis Preferred, please call 800-230-4898. Select Option #2 and explain that you have received this message and will need your reservation modified.
You will also need to update your profile by providing new credit card information and can do so by calling 866-842-5552 or logging in to your My Avis account.”

Does this have something to do with the code that I use (C062090)? I am wondering if the code requires a linked corporate credit card? Thank you in advance.
This C062090 is very good, do you know the origin?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by ThisDJ

Never had a problem with A515100
Myself and Colleagues use it all the time
Yep, worked out all well for me in the end. I was on an uncommon one-way and AVIS happened to have a car that needed to be repositioned on the same one way, so maybe that was a contributing factor to them overlooking it
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by todd-r
Good luck. Dublin is a huge rip off for car rentals.
Got a big discount using A515100 over Christmas at Dublin. (Warning: Seem my note in post #3993)

Last edited by jphjph; Oct 24, 2016 at 6:39 am Reason: Warning
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Rob W
Its a good discount.

Whats the origin of the code?
Looking for something in the UK for Dec/Jan
Hon Circle President's club discount code

They might check eligibility if you are not PC
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:11 am

I used A515100 for a Dublin hire and have noticed that the following are included:

Airport/city surcharge
Local Tax
Vehicle Registration Fee
Liability Insurance
Unlimited Mileage

Does this mean I would be responsible for 100% cost for collision damage and theft?

UPDATE: Called Avis and they confirmed CDW and TP not included, even though it said they were during the purchasing process. Had to cancel, bit too much of a risk. Anyone know codes that include CDW and TP? If I still had my Amex Platinum would have been fine.

Last edited by jphjph; Oct 24, 2016 at 8:31 am Reason: Resolution
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by jphjph
Got a big discount using A515100 over Christmas at Dublin. (Warning: Seem my note in post #3993)
I try to book A515100 (HP) as the AWD and I get the following error:

The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered.

I have no other AWD, coupon, or rate code entered. Any tips on how to deal with this?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by veblen
I try to book A515100 (HP) as the AWD and I get the following error:

The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered.

I have no other AWD, coupon, or rate code entered. Any tips on how to deal with this?
I got the same error but it worked when I booked in incognito without logging in to my account.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:17 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
AVIS new reservation web page appears to be matching the AWD with the one on profile. Rather than go incognito and lose your AVIS points, best thing to do is go into your profile and update the AWD to the one you want to use. You can reserve a car immediately after the change without the error message.

-outoftown, posting from Huntsville, AL Hilton Garden Inn
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jphjph
I used A515100 for a Dublin hire and have noticed that the following are included:

Airport/city surcharge
Local Tax
Vehicle Registration Fee
Liability Insurance
Unlimited Mileage

Does this mean I would be responsible for 100% cost for collision damage and theft?

UPDATE: Called Avis and they confirmed CDW and TP not included, even though it said they were during the purchasing process. Had to cancel, bit too much of a risk. Anyone know codes that include CDW and TP? If I still had my Amex Platinum would have been fine.
Do you have a CSR?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:21 pm

Dublin is the worst place to rent. All cars come with liability. You only need colission. Some credit cards may cover but if you decline their CDW they charge a 30/Euro admin fee to DECLINE. If you decline and do damage they charge your card an obscene amount and then you have to claim that back to your cc who will usually pay right away.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
I have a CSR and am looking to use a code in New Zealand in 2 weeks. What does CSR cover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.