Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America Premium Rewards Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:37 am

Just curious ... if you use this code (A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!) will you be asked for ID to prove?
Any good codes you would suggest where no type of proof at rental time is needed?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reneeflys2011
Just curious ... if you use this code (A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!) will you be asked for ID to prove?
Any good codes you would suggest where no type of proof at rental time is needed?
If you search this forum, there are plenty of posts about using the employee code.

"That is the EMPLOYEE code. if the location has any skill, you will be asked to show your employee swipe card. A153722 is now used for family of employees, but its use requires an accompanying letter of introduction on company letterhead with the name of the manager writing the letter, the employee relation, and the name of the employee. It also has the phone number (cell) of the manager who wrote the letter and Avis managers almost ALWAYS answer their cell. I was told not answering my cell means that I am not on duty, ergo my company rental car should be turned in as it is for "on duty" use only. so I always answered my phone.

So you can try...but i know people who were banned from renting with avis for getting caught using this. If caught, best case scenario, you need to find a new car on the fly, or pay the walk up rate for underage no reservation, worst, you can never rent with Avis and Budget RAC again.")

I guess the question is...... why risk the embarassment and frustration for an extra few bucks, maybe ? There are plenty of other codes on this forum that do extremely well with discounts and have a much lower risk level.
My favorite that I use every week is is G417900, but there are plenty of good codes to choose from.
http://www.kellsport.com/kellwoodtravel.html
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:22 am

That seems like a good rate. DO I need an ID or anything for using this one - G417900

Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dealhound70
That seems like a good rate. DO I need an ID or anything for using this one - G417900
Thanks.
Never an id rquired for G417900. In my humble opinion, it has been the most reliable code on this site for quite some time. I have never seen a single post about an issue with this code.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
The Hilton Hhonors # gave me a good rate on an international rental recently, and it's one most of us don't even have to worry about greasing our way into using... just sign up for Hhonors!
K851000
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
where

Originally Posted by bob1008
Never an id rquired for G417900. In my humble opinion, it has been the most reliable code on this site for quite some time. I have never seen a single post about an issue with this code.
does anyone know where this code comes from? The website seems a bit wonky and this code was from 2010?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by nmenaker
does anyone know where this code comes from? The website seems a bit wonky and this code was from 2010?
Kelwood, whatever that is. It seems to work very well.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:39 pm

One-Way PHX-CHI - Best Minivan Rate (AVIS)

IAHtraveler & all,

I'm in need of a mini-van to relocate from PHX to CHI one way; Sat 24 Nov - Wed 28 Nov (Weekend of thanksgiving).

We're AVIS First but really struggling to get a mini-van including miles for less than $1k.

btw; the miles are approxmiately 1800.

Any help would be GREAT! Thanks! Oh; and any company! We just need a mini-van! :P

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Previous assistance posts....

Last edited by PHXCoyote; Nov 16, 2012 at 7:58 pm
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:31 pm

G417900

see: http://www.kellsport.com/kellwoodtravel.html
Old Nov 17, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

DOW Jones Info
Kellwood is in every closet. Founded in 1961 and headquartered in St. Louis, MO, Kellwood company (NYSE: KWD) is one of the largest apparel makers in the US. The company makes men's and women's clothes, lingerie, hats, camping goods, and children's apparel. Brands include Koret, Sag Harbor, Kelty, Slumberjack, Wenzel, Sierra Designs, Briggs New York, Group B Clothing, Romance du Jour, Phat Fashions, and Gerber Childrenswear. It sells in stores and catalogs. The company has annual revenue of about $2.1 billion and employs about 32,000 people.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Looking into making a car rental with Avis in FL in a month. Plugged in many discount codes from the big list on FT (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...rix-fixed.html) and for my particular reservation, the cheapest was (not counting A113400 which I won't use):

B270898

But I couldn't find any information on it. Does anyone know how I can find where this code came from?

Thanks,
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:27 am

Two codes that give better prices than the Kellwood code:

Costco.ca: (Both give same discounts - I don't know if you have to show your membership card)
Regular member: AWD #:C857501
Executive member: AWD #:C857500

Aeroplan: C682300 (also gives you extra Aeroplan points)

Example:
Avis Las Vegas Airport, Intermediate car, 5-day rental:
Costco.ca: $141.63
Aeroplan: $145.64 (extra Aeroplan points worth about $4)
Kellwood (G417900): $184.49

Granted this is a very specific example related to my current search, but they worked for me.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How to avoid airport taxes and concession fees at LAX - instead of inputing LAX as your rental location, use Manchester CA (QB9) on Arbor Vitae Rd - this is the same physical location as LAX, but for some reason Avis has a local location here which avoids the airport fees.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by bocastephen
How to avoid airport taxes and concession fees at LAX - instead of inputing LAX as your rental location, use Manchester CA (QB9) on Arbor Vitae Rd - this is the same physical location as LAX, but for some reason Avis has a local location here which avoids the airport fees.

wow, if true and accurate this would be pretty cool.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
wow, if true and accurate this would be pretty cool.
why not just make a test booking and compare?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.