Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any coupon codes they can post that expire July 31 2005.? I have a 10 day rental in July and would love to knock the rate down. It's for a domestic midsize car.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:54 am

B999000

It is Marketing CEO Card Program
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by ngupta

So is there a way to use it?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by ngupta

I couldn't get this to work. It went thru the process like it was going to give me a fantastic rate of 100.00 for any car I rented, then when it came time to close the deal, it tells me the AWD code cannot be found.

Help/suggestions?

Last edited by abezebabe; Feb 27, 2005 at 10:08 am
Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by abezebabe
I couldn't get this to work. It went thru the process like it was going to give me a fantastic rate of 100.00 for any car I rented, then when it came time to close the deal, it tells me the AWD code cannot be found.

Help/suggestions?

Same problem here! I knew it had to be too good to be true! Let me know if you find something out.

Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 6:37 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
There are lots of codes here, pretty much all of them work except for the B999000 and Avis Employee codes. Please don't keep posting them.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ex Amex Card
There are lots of codes here, pretty much all of them work except for the B999000 and Avis Employee codes. Please don't keep posting them.
I agree. I don't recall a single person that ever said that he was able to get the B999 or the employee code rates. There have been many, many, who posted they were turned away at the gate because they did not have the proper authorization letter from their Avis manager. Stick to any of the other codes. They all give a pretty good discount without hassle. My favorite is still L093590 for rentals in the U.S.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few more codes...

D005591 - National Council of Youth Sports discount code - almost as good (if not sometimes better) than D005279

Supposed 37% discount - but I couldn't get it to work for a rental in Rome in a few weeks...

http://www.saudiairlines.com/ver008/...main.html#avis

Avis has a special global offer for Alfursan members from 1 March to 31 May 2005. Rent any Avis car globally for 30% less and earn Triple Alfursan Reward Miles.

In the Kingdom, Alfursan members will have the benefit of a special package designed specifically for Alfursan members. The domestic offer includes:

37% special discount.
Automatic upgrade to best car available at the rate of the vehicle group reserved.

200 km free per day.
Extended overtime rental hours (3 hours extra).

Please provide your Alfursan membership number and quote your Avis discount number when booking:

Blue X025800
Silver N085400
Gold N086300

Lastly, has anyone had any problems using D005297? I plan on using for an FCO rental in a few weeks - I want to call & add another driver - anything I should be concerned about??
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:10 am
Suspended

New awd

awd Y490870 gr8
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tide Water
awd Y490870 gr8
Didn't work for me. You sure you posted the correct #? I'll stick with my favorite reliable AWD # L093590. Always works in USA. Always a great rate. Never a hassle for I.D. And $3k max liability no matter what.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by bob1008
I agree. I don't recall a single person that ever said that he was able to get the B999 or the employee code rates. There have been many, many, who posted they were turned away at the gate because they did not have the proper authorization letter from their Avis manager. Stick to any of the other codes. They all give a pretty good discount without hassle. My favorite is still L093590 for rentals in the U.S.
I may be that single person . Last year, when renting in St. Looie I gave the agent what I call the "B999" speech. In short, as whe was pulling up my rez I casually asked had my travel manager put my AWD number in my reservation. The agent replied, no. I then pulled out what looked like a well organized manifest and spoke confidently, "Ah, here it is...B999000". She took to typing it in and got the last steps and the reservation wouldn't finalize (I don't actually know what she was looking at on her screen). She mentioned that somehow, the code was "accepted" but the transaction wouldn't close. She called for the shift manager who tried it a couple of times to no avail. Then, the beauty of an empowered manager came through. She manually adjusted the price ($25), stated my thanks for her diligence and I went away quite happy as you can imagine.

I haven't tried it since - the only reason why I resorted to it then was that the full size rate (which I had to rent) was going for a ridiculous $80 or so dollars. Might get brave enough again on my upcoming excursion to Sydney.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tide Water
awd Y490870 gr8
yup... really great!!! but who is this code for ?
Old Mar 12, 2005, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thecmg
I may be that single person .
I haven't tried it since - the only reason why I resorted to it then was that the full size rate (which I had to rent) was going for a ridiculous $80 or so dollars. Might get brave enough again on my upcoming excursion to Sydney.
You are my kinda guy. I wouldn't have had the stones to try that one. What you said is exactly what happens.. it lets you make the entire reservation with the 999 code, but will not close, and will not finalize. We've heard the same story over and over again. You got lucky in that some manager overode the system based on the quoted price. Let us know if you pull that one off again. Good job !
Old Mar 12, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Just booked to pick up in Germany. D005297 gave me a great discount for a 21 day rental with unlimited mileage - but I have a few questions as I've never rented in Europe before:

1. I'm Canadian and the Avis site quoted the price in Canadian dollars. Will the contract at pick-up convert that rate to Euros or will the rate read as Canadian?

2. I waived all coverage as I'm covered by my credit card and a rental policy I have on my own car insurance. It covers liability, theft, collision, etc. I'm planning to take the car into Italy. Will they force me to buy any insurance even if I tell them I'm covered? I've heard of this happening in some places in Europe, but I'm not sure if it's true.

3. The base rate is $670 CAD and it mentions tax of $134 CAD, but then gives me an estimated total of $970 without itemizing the additional charges. Any ideas as to what the extra $166 is for?

4. How important is getting an Int'l Drivers Permit for non-EU residents when driving in Italy?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:49 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by ac/elite
1. I'm Canadian and the Avis site quoted the price in Canadian dollars. Will the contract at pick-up convert that rate to Euros or will the rate read as Canadian?
1. I did a Euro rental recently and they converted the charge from Euros into GBP and charged me in GBP. The irritating thing is that they add a rip off 4% commission for the privilege. Insist that they charge you in Euros and let your credit card company do the conversion for you (they will charge less commission).

2. There used to be restrictions/extra insurance if you take a car to Italy (when you see how they drive, you will understand) but I can't recall having any problems last time I rented there. Certain cars top end cars (Porsche, Merc and BMW) probably do still have restrictions, so check in advance if you want one of these.

Third party insurance is a legal requirement in Europe and I think you will find that it is included in the price and can't be declined, regardless of what cover you have. You can probably use your card to cover the additional insurances.

3. Could be airport fee, car registration fee, sales tax... They always seem to invent a bunch of hidden charges to lump on to the poor renter.

4. Int'l Drivers Permit? You will probably be OK, but the best thing to do is ask Avis or your local motoring organisation (who will doubtless try and sell you an international driving permit!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.