Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Bob1008,

I disagree. While the rates may not be the best YOU have found, they certainly put them in a form that is easy to use and start with.

In reference to the underage comment, I appreciated seeing that information on his post. My son works for our company and is under 25. We always have a problem finding car rental companies that a.) will rent to an under 25 year old, or b.) won't charge an arm or leg to do so. Someone renting a car and doing something stupid transcends all ages. Nobody is forcing anyone to use any of these codes or information and no one should feel guilty if *sh*t happens*.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcherney
Bob1008,
I disagree. While the rates may not be the best YOU have found, they certainly put them in a form that is easy to use and start with.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 8:49 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Originally Posted by grantsi
Thanks for the help - quick question - I am picking up from London Heathrow .... will the "gevoha" code require any kind of identification? Thanks
According to what I read a different forum, they would not ask for any ID.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 8:38 pm

I have been scanning, looking,searching....etc

I need to rent a car out of Phoenix sky harbor- rates are rediculous- any great clues? I need more than a $25 off coupon..
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by babsjvd
rates are rediculous
www.rediculous.co.uk
Old Dec 18, 2007, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
K024400...Continental OnePass code...I think you need to be a onepass meber to use it..not sure if they will ID though.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Have yet to find any codes in this thread that currently work for discounts in Australia/NZ in 2008 (excepting avis.com current promos). Most generate an error message "check your code" Of course, I'm not complaining since Avis seems to have the best rates for this regrion...
Old Dec 19, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Sixt Platinum, Lufthansa FTL
Originally Posted by ghurty
I would just like to clarify regarding the AVIS AWD code G298100, after further research, it appears that it does not offer LDW, but it does waive the underage fee (upto 18) it also has some pretty good contract rates: Especially EWR and JFk ($54/$62) No ID needed. Also the coupons in the above post work for this code as well.
Hi all
I am not a regular in this forum. So please be nice to me. I checked out the above code and it does take away the under age fee. But Avis said its a coperate account and I will have to show ID when I take out the car. I will be traveling in 10 days with my wife from Switzerland to JFK. I want to rent an SUV there but am not yet 25. Will I be able to rent with this code without an ID?
Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Most companies don't ask for i.d. However, I would never use a corporate code if I wasn't a real employee. What would happen if you were to get into an accident? Your "corporation" might get involved and I'd be afraid of the repercussions.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Recreation
Most companies don't ask for i.d. However, I would never use a corporate code if I wasn't a real employee. What would happen if you were to get into an accident? Your "corporation" might get involved and I'd be afraid of the repercussions.
I've been getting more and more concerned about the insurance issue also. The code I use most frequently is L093590 which has gives me consistantly really competitive rates, and has free LDW. But Amex now has a great deal on auto rental coverage. For $19.95 per rental, they will provide PRIMARY coverage on your rental for up to 35 days. I usually rent for several days, so the coverage only costs me a few bucks a day. It's really given me a nice level of comfort. To activate, you call Amex and add this program to your card, and than do nothing. Whenever you rent a car, with your Amex card, Amex charges you an extra $19.95 for coverage.

p.s. This is available on Amex Platinum cards. I'd assume they offer it with most of their cards.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bob1008
I've been getting more and more concerned about the insurance issue also. The code I use most frequently is L093590 which has gives me consistantly really competitive rates, and has free LDW. But Amex now has a great deal on auto rental coverage. For $19.95 per rental, they will provide PRIMARY coverage on your rental for up to 35 days. I usually rent for several days, so the coverage only costs me a few bucks a day. It's really given me a nice level of comfort. To activate, you call Amex and add this program to your card, and than do nothing. Whenever you rent a car, with your Amex card, Amex charges you an extra $19.95 for coverage.

p.s. This is available on Amex Platinum cards. I'd assume they offer it with most of their cards.

bob1008! SMOOOOOCH. you rock!! I went on Amex and enrolled in the premium rental program with my Gold Card. $19.95 charged at time of rental and Amex covers me as primary. Great tip. Made my day. This will save me about $150 on my Curacao trip.

Love forever, Greenie!!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.

The big question is: Does this work in countries that they usually don't offer insurance? Jamaica? Ireland? Israel?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 9:18 am

To activate, you call Amex and add this program to your card, and than do nothing. Whenever you rent a car, with your Amex card, Amex charges you an extra $19.95 for coverage.

Bob1008, My AMEX Platinum card (to be clear, it's the one issued by AMEX that costs $450/year), gives this protection for free. You don't have to pay $19.95 per rental to get it; you simply have to reserve, and pay for the car, with your Platinum card.

From the platinum website:

Did someone hit your rental car? Not to worry, with the Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance Plan.

Use Your Card
When you are the primary renter, simply use your eligible Card to reserve and pay for your auto rental.

Say "No Thanks"
Decline the collision damage waiver (CDW) or similar option when you are reserving and picking up your car from a Commercial Car Rental Company.

Enjoy the Ride
The Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance Plan provides coverage up to $75,000 against theft of or damage to most rental vehicles. Coverage applies for the first 30 days, and is in excess to your other sources of insurance.

To find out more about this benefit, simply call 1-800-338-1670, toll-free. From outside of the U.S., call 440-914-2950 collect.

Photog72, I called American Express and asked your question. Here's what the rep said.

If you have personal coverage that would apply in the country you are traveling in, AMEX would be your secondary insurer. If you are traveling in a country that is not covered by your primary insurance, AMEX would then act as your primary insurer. However, the following countries are exceptions:

Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Jamaica, Israel, and Ireland.

So if you're traveling to one of these countries, I guess I'd sign up for their insurance.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by Recreation
Photog72, I called American Express and asked your question. Here's what the rep said.

If you have personal coverage that would apply in the country you are traveling in, AMEX would be your secondary insurer. If you are traveling in a country that is not covered by your primary insurance, AMEX would then act as your primary insurer. However, the following countries are exceptions:

Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Jamaica, Israel, and Ireland.

So if you're traveling to one of these countries, I guess I'd sign up for their insurance.
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it with my current auto insurer.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by photog72
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it with my current auto insurer.
A watch out: While most personal policies have adequate collision coverage, from what I've read, a big gap is coverage to recoup revenue lost when a damaged car is taken out of circulation to be repaired. This can run into thousands of dollars so make sure that your policy covers that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.